Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 01-01-2012, 07:18 PM   #1
Raw Steel
Team Captain

Member Number: 15349
Default Mendenhall out

per Peter King on NBC. Ike better hold onto the ball.
Old 01-01-2012, 07:24 PM   #2
LayingTheWoodley56
Starter

Member Number: 19023
Default Re: Mendenhall out

I also just heard that. To be honest, and it sounds crazy to say this about losing our starting running back, but I think we're better off with Redman. Issac is incredibly difficult to tackle, he fights for every yard and he grinds it out play after play in the fashion of a true Steeler running back. Mendenhall is having a subpar season, as has been said over and over again he refuses to stop dancing around and just bulldoze people, and on an unrelated note he was personally tainted in my eyes after that tweet this summer. I spent much of today's game saying to the person that I was with that I don't understand why Redman wouldn't start over Mendy regardless of injuries. The fumbling bug is troubling, but I would still rather have Redman over Mendy.

Does anyone know if Mewelde is supposed to be healthy for next week?
LayingTheWoodley56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 07:27 PM   #3
rich4eagle
Starter

Member Number: 399

Quote:
Originally Posted by LayingTheWoodley56 View Post
I also just heard that. To be honest, and it sounds crazy to say this about losing our starting running back, but I think we're better off with Redman. Issac is incredibly difficult to tackle, he fights for every yard and he grinds it out play after play in the fashion of a true Steeler running back. Mendenhall is having a subpar season, as has been said over and over again he refuses to stop dancing around and just bulldoze people, and on an unrelated note he was personally tainted in my eyes after that tweet this summer. I spent much of today's game saying to the person that I was with that I don't understand why Redman wouldn't start over Mendy regardless of injuries. The fumbling bug is troubling, but I would still rather have Redman over Mendy.

Does anyone know if Mewelde is supposed to be healthy for next week?
I like Redman and to me he is a better back than Mendenhall, todays fumbles were a happening, the last when he had two hands on the ball, meanwhile Mendenhall often has the ball dancing a two feet from his body..................

Give Isaac a chance he can play and can reward us
rich4eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 07:30 PM   #4
ricardisimo
Administrator

Member Number: 15369

... and Redman fumbles the ball, which makes our games more interesting. So we've got that going for us... which is nice.

I'm never going to win this debate with you guys, but whoever the starting RB is in Arians' system is always going to be subpar. I disagree vehemently with Ed B. from the PG; I think Mendenhall has had a great year considering the offensive gameplan and the line in front of him.

We are not better without him in the lineup.
Old 01-01-2012, 07:32 PM   #5
ricardisimo
Administrator

Member Number: 15369

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich4eagle View Post
I like Redman and to me he is a better back than Mendenhall, todays fumbles were a happening, the last when he had two hands on the ball, meanwhile Mendenhall often has the ball dancing a two feet from his body..................

Give Isaac a chance he can play and can reward us
Mendenhall is not a fumbler. You can call him a dancer if you want, but not fumbler. Check out his stats. He's more sure-handed than Bettis, Faulk or Curtis Martin thus far, which is really saying something.
Old 01-01-2012, 07:34 PM   #6
Ricco Suavez
Head Coach

Member Number: 7718

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricardisimo View Post
... and Redman fumbles the ball, which makes our games more interesting. So we've got that going for us... which is nice.

I'm never going to win this debate with you guys, but whoever the starting RB is in Arians' system is always going to be subpar. I disagree vehemently with Ed B. from the PG; I think Mendenhall has had a great year considering the offensive gameplan and the line in front of him.

We are not better without him in the lineup.
Considering the line is not one of the most physical up front and Mendy seems to dance to much,and he rarely had a lead blocker he did well. Redman does fight but that also means he is being molested by defenders trying for the strip, leading to possible fumbles.
Ricco Suavez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 07:35 PM   #7
Corey_J
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 16584

Mendenhall out hurts more than we all want to admit....If you like a guy who cant hit the homerun, fumbles and lacks explosiveness then Redman is your guy........He can shed would be tacklers , I get that, but then what ? I like what Clay could offer being as im from Madison wi and watched every game he played in here and hes a load to get down and can hit the homerun ! Any which way, Mendy out is NOT a good thing.
Old 01-01-2012, 07:47 PM   #8
Bayz101
Renegade
Supporter

Member Number: 18856
Thanked 3,129 Times in 1,431 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricardisimo View Post
Mendenhall is not a fumbler. You can call him a dancer if you want, but not fumbler. Check out his stats. He's more sure-handed than Bettis, Faulk or Curtis Martin thus far, which is really saying something.

Mendenhall fumbled a lot in his first starts, actually. Remember, he had to pay up every time he fumbled

That was Redman's second time leading the rushing game for a significant period of time, and he fumbled twice. It happens to the young guys a lot, just as Mendy couldn't hold on to the ball in his first years.

"Either you're playing dumb, or it's not an act". -Judge Judy

No need to drive me crazy. I can walk from here.
Bayz101 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 07:50 PM   #9
DanRooney
Head Coach

Member Number: 16248

Pretty much gets rid of any big play potential in the run game, but Mendenhall hasn't really broke off too many anyway. Redman usually always moves forward, which is exactly what we need with a gimpy quarterback.
Old 01-01-2012, 07:55 PM   #10
tanda10506
Team President

Member Number: 17319

Redman rarely fumbles and behind this line he is more effecient. I like the way Clay runs too, head down and towards the endzone. We will be okay at RB, as mentioned, no running back would shine with Arians and/or this o line.
tanda10506 is offline   Reply With Quote