Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 06-25-2006, 04:11 PM   #21
Black@Gold Forever32
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 2290
Default Re: Offense or Defense?

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelcity984
I'm shocked nobody's said CASEY HAMPTON yet...

but my current favorite steelers player is probably Joey Porter...with my all-time favorites being Joe Greene (nobody's mentioned him either wtf?!) and TB!
Maybe the reason nobody has mentioned Joe Greene yet is there are some young Steelers fans. How old are you? I'm 27 years old so I'm only sticking with players that I seen play. Sorry, I just can't comment on the players from the early 1980's and beyond. I respect those great players that came before and were the major reasons in turning the Steelers into one of the great NFL franchises. But if the only things I can go by is by books I read or watching old NFL films, I really can't make an accurate comment on those players that older Steelers fans that saw them teams play can.
Black@Gold Forever32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 04:19 PM   #22
SteelCzar76
Banned

Member Number: 2498

I feel you Black and Gold. I was a baby when we had the first Dynasty. The Players i grew up watching were the teams of the Mid to late 80's and the 90's. I wish i could have seen the 70's greats play in my adolesence.

"Hail Caesar,...Hail the black and Gold"
SteelCzar76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 04:38 PM   #23
Black@Gold Forever32
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 2290

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCzar76
I feel you Black and Gold. I was a baby when we had the first Dynasty. The Players i grew up watching were the teams of the Mid to late 80's and the 90's. I wish i could have seen the 70's greats play in my adolesence.

"Hail Caesar,...Hail the black and Gold"
I hear you bro. Me to I go back to the late 1980's really. Thats when I started watching football. My family is from Pittsburgh so I have heard all the great stories. I read as much as I can about the Steelers and their history. But the players and teams that I can relate and comment on are the ones I saw actually play. Thats why I'm so glad the Steelers finally one another Super Bowl. I finally have alittle taste that older Steelers fans had in the 1970's.
Black@Gold Forever32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 05:15 PM   #24
Mosca
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 1751

Offense, by far my favorite player of all time is Franco Harris. People only remember what he was like in his last few years, with the slam of "always going out of bounds" and "never takes the hard hit". We rode to our first two Super Bowls on the back of Franco. Not Terry, not Lynn. Franco was the guy who finally gave us offensive respectability. Everything that followed came from him.

Defense, that's tough. You could populate an all-time lineup with Steelers players. You'd start a lot of arguments that way too, but you could have a legitimate argument at almost every position. I'm going to say Mel Blount, and here's why. Mel got good. He always had potential, but his first year he was burned so often he was like a cracker crisp. Instead of making excuses, instead of throwing smack, Mel buckled down and learned what he needed to learn and became one of the greatest defensive backs ever, one of the guys who defined the modern cornerback.

Tom
Mosca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 05:27 PM   #25
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

This is a toughie - so many Steelers greats on both sides of the ball.

Hmmm. I'd have to say on offense it would be Rocky Bleier. He didn't put up the numbers Franco or Jerome did (most of the time), but he was so integral in the Steelers offense with his blocking abilities, toughness and true grit. I admired him even more for coming back from Vietnam with serious injuries to his legs, but turning that adversity around to pursue and realize his dream of playing football. It was an honor having this man wearing the black and gold.

On defense, I would definitely have to go with Dobre Shunka (Jack Ham), who imho, will always be remembered as one of the greatest outside linebackers in the NFL. He was a big play man, quick, very intelligent and always managed to be around that ball.
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 05:46 PM   #26
SteelProven
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 394

My favorite Steeler on offense would have to be J. Bettis to me he was every steelers player should want to be on and off the field.

defense it has to be R. Woodson I mean he was everything the steelers could ask for in a corner and since his depature the Steelers secondary has never been the same.
Most teams are the epitome of weakness//when Ben drops back loud talkers become speechless//welcome to the "Burgh" will show you where the beef is//come to Heinz field and LeBeau will show you where the heat is.
SteelProven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 06:33 PM   #27
Stlrs4Life
Tailgate Coordinator
Supporter

Member Number: 419

Favorite Offensive player: Lynn Swann

Favorite defensive player: Lambert, Ham, Mean Joe Green, Lloyd. Joey P.

It's not just Steeler Football, it's a way of Life! "I'm a Champion"
Stlrs4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 06:48 AM   #28
Elvis
Banned

Member Number: 2390

Hey guys/gals.... I got a question for ya'll. These really cool sigs that some of you have, how do I put some of or one of those on my replies? I hope that everyone has enjoyed the Thread that I started and hope that everyone can just learn something new about each others likes about our team. Another favorite player that I really liked was the Big TE named Eric Green...what a monster he was!!! Too bad he was dumb.
God Bless All
Elvis
Elvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 07:32 AM   #29
Elvis
Banned

Member Number: 2390

Here is some familiar names that I remember as a Steelers fan and some have not been mentioned..... LB's Levon Kirkland.. Chad Brown... Jason Gildon.. Hardy Nickerson
DE LC Greenwood
RB's Barry Foster and Bam Morris
OG's Terry Long and Craig Wofley
S Lethon Flowers TE Bennie Cunningham
A player that I would like to see get some game action is OG Chris Kemoeatu.. from what all the experts like Mel Kiper Jr said when he was drafted last year that he is one of the meanest nastiest players he has ever seen. He said he should fit the Steelers mold perfectly.
God Bless
Elvis
Elvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 07:51 AM   #30
section514
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 1401

I am only 20 (21 on sept 14th) and if I was single I'd be goin after prosdo (girls that are steeler fans are my weak spot), but as you can see in my avatar, i got my own little steeler fan, anyways, I really only remember from about 1990-on
so....

POrter is my favorite D - i love his antics on and off the field. The fact that he was as far away from the president between two coaches, made me laugh.
Offense I have to go with Hines - how can you not like him, I have taken his on field actions to heart to my on field actions. Keep smiling, football is supposed to be fun.
section514 is offline   Reply With Quote