Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 01-02-2012, 12:37 AM   #1
madtowndrunkard
Team Captain

Member Number: 11280
Default We are going to Baltimore

With some of the worst quality of play I've seen in the NFL....things seem pretty predictable right now. Basically there are only 3 AFC teams that even deserve to be in the playoffs this year...(NE, Baltimore, and Pittsburgh)

Cinci is going to beat Houston - so they'll be headed to NE. Were NE will trounce the BenGals. So expect an AFCC in NE this year.

Our steelers will beat Denver so we'll be headed to Baltimore. What happens there is anyone's guess.

I hate to say this but the Ravens look like the team of destiny....they are playing their best ball now, which is the key to getting to the SB. For us to beat the Ravens we'll need to play MUCH better then we have been. For the Ravens to beat us, they'll just need to play like they have been. I'm not making any predictions though...I've seen Ben win bigger games than this before so I'm not counting us out. I just don't like our chances. But can the Ravens beat us 3 times in one season?

In the NFC things are a little more interesting. The Saints will easily beat Detroit. Atlanta wil beat the Giants and head to GB to get their butts spanked. The Saints will head to SanFran for an interesting matchup. I'll suspect the Saints will come out on top and head to GB for a shootout. The over / under should be about 105. just my 2 cents.
madtowndrunkard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 12:50 AM   #2
PeRK82
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 19438
Default Re: We are going to Baltimore

Its sickening how many BAD teams in the AFC there are in the play offs this yr, Hate to say it but the WILD CARD games are a Joke, its a given on who is going to win. Its sad the 3rd and 4th seed did nothing but lose the last few games to get into the play offs. They didnt have to do anything. Im kinda proud that Cincy got the 6th seed, do i think they will go deep, no but i do expect them to win their first wild card game.
PeRK82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 01:04 AM   #3
tanda10506
Team President

Member Number: 17319

Just depends on which team shows up. Anything short of Steeler playoff quality will be a loss. We definetly can beat them, but they are great at home this year and we are bad on the road this year, anything is possible.
tanda10506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 01:18 AM   #4
steeltheone
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 6351

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanda10506 View Post
Just depends on which team shows up. Anything short of Steeler playoff quality will be a loss. We definetly can beat them, but they are great at home this year and we are bad on the road this year, anything is possible.
As much as i want to say it's an easy game. You are right!
Old 01-02-2012, 01:33 AM   #5
Wallace108

Member Number:

Quote:
Originally Posted by madtowndrunkard View Post
I hate to say this but the Ravens look like the team of destiny....they are playing their best ball now, which is the key to getting to the SB.
I'm not sure the Ravens are playing great ball right now. Two weeks ago, they lost to the Chargers 34-14. Last week they almost got beat by the Browns. If it wasn't for a stupid offsides penalty, the Browns would have had a chance to win. Then this week, I didn't see any of the game, but from what I saw from highlights, Ray Rice was the only player who was stellar. Take away his two long runs, and it's a much different game. I wouldn't be so quick to anoint the Ravens just yet.
Old 01-02-2012, 01:40 AM   #6
jjpro11
Living Legend

Member Number: 3559

the 7-9 Seahawks beat the defending champion Saints last year.

the 9-7 Cardinals limped into the playoffs in 2008 after getting blown out in 3 of their final 5 regular season games. if not for two of the greatest plays in Super Bowl history, they probably would have been crowned Super Bowl champions.

nobody gave the Jets a chance against New England last year after getting destroyed in their final regular season meeting.

if you get in, you get in.. make the most of it. sometimes that's exactly what the underdog teams do.
jjpro11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 01:45 AM   #7
Bayz101
Renegade
Supporter

Member Number: 18856
Thanked 3,605 Times in 1,625 Posts
My Mood: Tired

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjpro11 View Post
the 7-9 Seahawks beat the defending champion Saints last year.

the 9-7 Cardinals limped into the playoffs in 2008 after getting blown out in 3 of their final 5 regular season games. if not for two of the greatest plays in Super Bowl history, they probably would have been crowned Super Bowl champions.

nobody gave the Jets a chance against New England last year after getting destroyed in their final regular season meeting.

if you get in, you get in.. make the most of it. sometimes that's exactly what the underdog teams do.
I guess not everyone's blind. Knowledgeable post, couldn't agree with it more. Any given Sunday.

"Either you're playing dumb, or it's not an act". -Judge Judy

No need to drive me crazy. I can walk from here.
Bayz101 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 08:48 AM   #8
Curtain_of_Steel
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 11678

Well lucky for us, the Ravens are playing almost as bad. A side from Rice, they are not exactly peaking.

And Flacco is still there which he is long over due for an implosion ala Sanchez.

But we better stop that dam run and we better get to Flacco often when the time comes.
Curtain_of_Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 09:08 AM   #9
Eztarget
Starter

Member Number: 162

I just don't want the Packers to win again. I'm so sick of hearing about them. Right now I think the Saints and Packers are the two teams to beat. The Ravens have HORRIBLE on the road so I expect the Patriots to take them out if things play out that way. Although you look at both the Pack and Pats and BOTH of their defenses just suck ass statistic wise but they get it done with the biggest thing ... turnovers. Both defenses always seem to come up with that big pick 6 when they need it. If the Steelers defense started doing that we would be the favorite in the AFC.
Eztarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 10:47 AM   #10
soulkitchen
Water Boy

Member Number: 19225

AFCC cincy at PIttsburgh. I not only think it's possible, I think it will happen.