Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 06-26-2006, 12:29 PM   #21
ARKIESTEEL
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 2268
Default Re: WE ALL LOVED BETTIS

There is not much I could add to what has already been said but one of my all time favorite plays was 2 years ago me and the wife went to Dallas to watch the Steelers and the cowboys play. The Bus was on the sideline most of the game well we had the ball if I recall right on the 2 and here comes The Bus man the crowd went wild(Steeler fans might have been 40% of the crowd just a guess) The ball gets snaped Dallas throws everthing but the hot dog vendor right at the middle of the line as Big Ben hands the ball to The Bus and the big boy joged around the left end of the line trips in the end zone falls down gets up and goes back to the sidelies to finish eating his cupcakes. I almost cried

BIG FAT ARKIESTEEL
ARKIESTEEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 01:16 PM   #22
HburgXL06
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 1504

All I gotta say: I loved watchin people "ride" the BUS as he dragged them to stop no. 7.

BuFu

"Who said they was all tough? They ain't so tough! Smashmouth football baby! Pittsburgh style!" -Jerome Bettis #36 the BUS in 21-9 victory over Chicago Bears in 2005
HburgXL06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 01:29 PM   #23
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Member Number: 2550

I always loved and admired his perserverance, his drive to prove the doubters wrong. The Bears game last season was a prime example. There were so many who thought he was done, that he'd never be able to run on the "New Monsters of the Midway." All he did was go out there and hammer them into the ground like the Cubs on a Thursday afternoon, and helped lay the foundation for the greatest championship run in NFL history.

Good luck Jerome, and may you someday make it to the HOF in a different profession!
X-Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 05:11 AM   #24
Cap
Water Boy

Member Number: 2540

I think the one thing I loved most about our beloved Bus was the absolute and total team player he was. When Willie Parker came along and made the Bus the #2 guy, he took Willie under his wing and mentored him and showed him the ropes on how to be a great runner. He did it with style, grace and humbleness. He never whined because he became the #2 guy. I think that is the one thing that will stick with me about him forever.

We sure will miss him. On the field and off. There is no presence quite like Bussey's was. I hope that his retirement will be as blessed as we all were for having the pure pleasure of "knowing" and watching the man affectionately known as "The Bus." There is only ONE.

The Pittsburgh Steelers DEFINES The Word "Dynasty" In The NFL!!!

YAY Steelers!! We Got That "One For The Thumb!!!"
Cap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 05:57 PM   #25
melroseplace
Team Captain

Member Number: 520

so obviously I'll miss seeing him on the field but I'll definitely miss The Jerome Bettis Show as well. I only discovered it last year and made it to some tapings. I had a blast all three times (met Hines twice & Heath Miller once)...never got to personally meet Jerome but what a great guy to be around, he has an awesome personality
melroseplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 10:52 PM   #26
ben2hines=6
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 2277

i love the highlight of the bus running over that bumngal db they always show during past football highlights
ben2hines=6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 09:35 AM   #27
nicesteel4life
Team Captain
Supporter

Member Number: 1775

So Glad I started the thread....has brought alot of memories out that need to remain in all our minds! We truly will miss the man, the legend, the leader "THE BUS"
Old 06-28-2006, 09:41 AM   #28
Hines86Ward
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 2256

I loved his attitude. When the world was doubting him, he'd always pull through. He'd get benched for Amos Zeroque, Duce Staley, Willie Parker, Richard Huntley, etc etc & then he'd get his chance to come off the bench and do his thing. And he was successful every time. He never gave up, he never quit, because he knew that he'd eventually get that ring. And look at him now, an icon to the football world with his shiny new SuperBowl XL ring and his big smile. He was an amazing guy on the field & an even better guy off the field....
Old 06-28-2006, 09:49 AM   #29
section514
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 1401

i have a video online that i got while watching Cold Pizza....if you don't already hate skip bayless, then you will after watching this video http://www.youtube.com/w/SKip-Bayles...?v=nZPD_Xq3nkE
section514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 01:51 PM   #30
nicesteel4life
Team Captain
Supporter

Member Number: 1775

Quote:
Originally Posted by section514
i have a video online that i got while watching Cold Pizza....if you don't already hate skip bayless, then you will after watching this video http://www.youtube.com/w/SKip-Bayles...?v=nZPD_Xq3nkE
SKIP BAYLESS is a ASS....No other way to put it. I truly think the statement at the end " I am so glad your not on that Committe" Was a easy way not to jump out of SEAT and level him. I could see fire coming out his eyes.