Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 01-03-2012, 08:32 PM   #1
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 8,200 Times in 3,492 Posts
Default Steelers & Broncos = lowest scoring teams in playoffs

steelers is 11th with 20.3 ppg and rounding out the bottom of the list is the broncos a single point lower at 19.3.

Norv Turner will not be our OC next year since he is staying in San diego. the broncos enter the playoffs off a huge 3 point explosion vs the cheifs.

i dont wanna hear about bens injury because even the statue batch is capable of putting up points in this offense.

so a brand new bronco regime can put up just a point less per game with a qb who cant hit the broadside of a barn vs what arians can muster up with a top 5 qb like ben???

i'm glad to be in the playoffs but it just aint right.

i guess it is dick lebeau and his #1 ranked defense's fault for not holding onto leads or allowing teams to score in the 4 games we lost.
Old 01-03-2012, 08:36 PM   #2
Curtain_of_Steel
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 11678
My Mood: Amazed
Default Re: Steelers & Broncos = lowest scoring teams in playoffs

Well it certianly wasn't the offense that let that POS Flacco dirve 90 years in the last minute to beat us, was it? We propelled into the #1 Def the latter half of the year when we started dominating the POS teams. We did well on the other teams, but teams like the rams, browns certainly added the stats.
Curtain_of_Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 08:39 PM   #3
tony hipchest

we cant score points.
Old 01-03-2012, 08:56 PM   #4
stb_steeler
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 14315

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
we cant score points.
That shit needs to change, u would think something would pop into airhead's head!
Lets run it up the gut 4 in a row. Yeah that should work....

Might as well dress em in skirts!
stb_steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 09:16 PM   #5
harrison'samonster
Living Legend

Member Number: 17630
Thanked 9,056 Times in 3,736 Posts
My Mood: Mellow

this teams problems with turnovers (giving them away and not taking any) has had a lot to do with there problem putting up points. The offense hasn't gotten the benefit of short fields, many returns for tds, or big momentum switches.

It's been a big problem, but still just a part of the problem. They don't seem to be able to finish drives well.

Yes, I am blaming the defense for this team not putting up points. Sorry.
have you ever wondered what your life would have been like if you became a hired goon right out of school? you would have had a chance to learn the ropes from other goons and rub shoulders with all kinds of seedy characters. oh the stories you would be able to tell.

Last edited by harrison'samonster; 01-03-2012 at 09:25 PM. Reason: dumbness
harrison'samonster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 09:22 PM   #6
Sixburgher
Banned

Member Number: 17648

Quote:
Originally Posted by stb_steeler View Post
Lets run it up the gut 4 in a row. Yeah that should work....
It would if the offensive line outside of Pouncey was actually worth half a shit.
Sixburgher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 09:38 PM   #7
tony hipchest

mike wallace was being talked about as the best wr in the game right along with megatron before bruce arians' "we'll trick em" scheme shut him down for the second half of the season.

hopefully he'll have a revival and sanders is healed going into the dance, otherwise a hobbled ben trying to force feed it to brown will lead to 2+ int + a sack/fumble games just like the superbowl last year.

in other words the defense is fine, even w/o all the sacks and int's. its up to the offense to sustain some drives and manufacture some points.
Old 01-03-2012, 10:20 PM   #8
StainlessStill
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 12999
Thanked 1,376 Times in 572 Posts

There's a reason we can't score points. Self-inflicting. Everyone wants to blame Arians but how many times did you see a dropped pass, interception, false start, illegal formation or an unnecessary roughness called when we buckle down? A lot. We kill our own drives. When we did put it together, good things happened, like the Patriots game, the Titans game and the Bengals game. Doesn't help that our offensive line can't see one piece of health for the life of them. I'd like to see one half of football to where our O-LINE sticks together!

Shit, at the rate we are going, if Starks goes down, forget it. Imagine Suggs if we play in Baltimore without Starks. It's just a loathe the whole way around. We can't beat ourselves, period. We can score points. Hopefully, this defense cause's a TURNOVER once in awhile and gives our offense a shot with field position. Our offense had to go 80+ yards on virtually every drive against San Fran, on the road. Can't do that constantly. This offense needs our D to cause a turnover and they are rarely doing it this season.
Old 01-03-2012, 10:34 PM   #9
tony hipchest

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessStill View Post
There's a reason we can't score points. Self-inflicting. Everyone wants to blame Arians but how many times did you see a dropped pass, interception, false start, illegal formation or an unnecessary roughness called when we buckle down? A lot. .
i see it every weekend from about 2 dozen teams. those teams are currently called "golfers"," fishemen" or "couch watchers".

the good offensive teams of the league easilly score 20 points without point offa turnovers even being factored in.

i didnt see green bay back up, matt flynn, whining about having to drive 80 yards with 2 reserve tackles and no running game to put up 6 td's vs ndomakung suh.
Old 01-03-2012, 11:07 PM   #10
StainlessStill
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 12999
Thanked 1,376 Times in 572 Posts

Quote:
i didnt see green bay back up, matt flynn, whining about having to drive 80 yards with 2 reserve tackles and no running game.

Wait a minute here. Stop using your own arguments to make your theory look somewhat debatable. First off, Green Bay has the #3 offense in the league. Detroit owns the #5 offense in the league. On the flip-side, Green Bay owns the 32nd ranked defense while the Lions own the #23 overall ranked defense. On my calculation, you're going to compare the top offense's duking it out against the worst defense's in the same game and compare THAT to the Steelers woes VS the 49'ers who both own a top 5 defense who gives up the LEAST amount of points, respectively within the league? Come on, man.

Quote:
to put up 6 td's vs ndomakung suh.
Heh, I didn't know Suh played all 11 positions on Detroit's 23rd ranked defense. The Lions defense is also one of the leading teams in penalties this season and Suh is the leading candidate, committing 119 defensive penalties, 3 behind, you guessed it, the vaunted Green Bay Packers, with 122. What a shock those defense's gives up yardage and points like fresh hot-cakes, which was displayed in their matchup by Matt Flynn. Charlie Batch, no question, could tear up those defense's.

Quote:
the good offensive teams of the league easilly score 20 points without point offa turnovers even being factored in.
Look a little closer. You say the good offensive teams in this league score 20 points easily like we never, ever do so. We are averaging 20.3 points a game this season and our offense ranks 12th in the league. Not too bad considering you make them out to be absolute bottom-feeders. To the actual numbers, we're actually "good" to your standards.

Again, we have the scheme to score. We just must eliminate our own stupid penalties and mistakes to give ourselves a chance within the red-zone. Eager to see how injuries stay together as well. We NEED health on the offensive line. PERIOD, to score. I actually think Redman gives us the best option in the run game, for our o-line to succeed.