Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Bucs

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 28, 1:00 PM
FOX

Old 01-04-2012, 11:07 PM   #1
Riddle_Of_Steel
Head Coach

Member Number: 13727
Default Finished with the negativity?

Reading through these forums here, I think I have heard every reason under the sun as to why we are not going to win this weekend or advance to the SB. Do any Steelers fans around here have anything positive to say about the Steelers?

So....does anybody else feel like we can pull this one off for Hines Ward this year? I certainly do. The negativity around here suggests we are fans of the San Diego Chargers, instead of the first ever team to advance to the playoffs with a huge negative turnover differential, and having lost the SB last year.

I don't know about y'all glass half-empty mofo's, but me-- I am getting ready to see the Steelers crush Denver this weekend en route to title #7....

* So far, no team has really shown much ability to cover Antonio Brown, who is quickly emerging as our best WR. Santonio who?

* We have the #1 defense...again. Strangely enough, we are much better against the pass this year than against the run-- but that might bode well against NE, Saints, or Green Bay. This is the year of Goodell's high-flying offenses....

* We crushed New England this season. If the Steelers can beat them convincingly, I don't fear Green Bay or the Saints at all. If we can crush NE, there is no team left in the NFL that we cannot do the same to.

* Baltimore has played POORLY both times recently when they had the first round bye in the playoffs. The first round bye is NOT an advantage (unless your team is dinged up).

* James Harrison is finally 100% and we are supposed to be getting Woodley back this week as well (good-- I am tired of watching Worilds getting smoked everytime the other team runs the ball his direction).

* With the combo of Redman and Clay-- ironically, we may now have a running game that is better suited to our Oline's style of blocking (or lack thereof).

* The Steelers are being disrespected by their fans on this forum, the media, and other teams. When the Steelers get disrespected, they win games.

* Did I mention the team will be playing for Hines? This could be Dick Lebeau's last dance as well--- they will be playing for him too.

Okay, I am done complaining.....enjoy the game, guys.

Old 01-04-2012, 11:29 PM   #2
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 8,774 Times in 3,683 Posts
Default Re: Finished with the negativity?

we SHOULD beat denver by about 30 points, like how the colts spanked them and then KC about 7 years ago.

but i know we wont.

just hoping we come out of the game healthy with a sunday game the following week to allow an extra day of rest.
Old 01-05-2012, 12:34 AM   #3
Danny136200
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 17651

To some people in this forum, it feels as if this is the worse team to ever make it to the playoffs. You make some really good points on why we should have a nice, deep run into the playoffs.

I do believe that the problem is that a lot of people hold the Steelers up to a very, very high standard, I do not blame them for that. So when the Steelers are playing poorly, or some questionable coaching decisions are made (IE, the choice to play Ben @San fran and @ Cleveland) that they disagree on, they tend to overreact and look things in a negative perspective. I suffer from that too sometimes, from both wins and losses. We are all fans of the same team and everybody here provides a different perspective and opinion on issues regarding the team.
Danny136200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 12:49 AM   #4
LambertWardSteel
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 11433

It is a new season and everyone is 0-0. If I want to look at it logically the odds are against us after this week because of the injuries. That being said, with the #1 D in a short season, and this team's playoff experience, you never know. I remember a lot thought we'd go 1-3 or 0-4 w/o Ben last September. If the D elevates itself for the postseason like they did then, and the O can play efficiently and mistake free maybe it can happen.

I will say too, it is funny how success has spoiled me as a fan. I remember in 1989 (just as an example)when the Steelers finally made it as a Wild Card after missing the playoffs the previous 5 years. That Wildcard felt just as good as a #1 seed would feel now.

In thinking ahead to a Baltimore rematch if it occurs, that 89 team went into Houston and beat an 'unbeatable' divisional foe and almost pulled it out in Denver the next week.
LambertWardSteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 12:56 AM   #5
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 8,774 Times in 3,683 Posts

im one of the more positive "glass is half full" posters on this board but there are several things i dont like-

-ben hobbling around the locker room today and barely participating practice.
-our leading #1 rb out for the year.
-ryan clark out.
-2 UDFA practice squad rookies rounding out our RB corps going into the playoffs.
-2 rookie cb's and leading ST players injured and out.
-ST ace and emergency CB madison being called offa the couch (literally) sunday night to see if he can return.
-Woodley (who will probably be winded and tired after the 2nd series) returning and possibly re-injured for the year.
-another OL revolving starting rotation. (this one may actually be a plus getting legursky back).
-injured nickel back (since its vs denver, this too will probably be a non factor)

did i miss anything?

oh yeah, our kicker still probably couldnt make a 47 yard fg to win the game at mile high.

this post isnt negative. this post is real.

im confident going into denver, but if any of these problems linger into a deeper playoff run, any steeler fan has a legitimate reason for concern.
Old 01-05-2012, 12:59 AM   #6
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 3,771 Times in 1,612 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
we SHOULD beat denver by about 30 points, like how the colts spanked them and then KC about 7 years ago.

but i know we wont.

just hoping we come out of the game healthy with a sunday game the following week to allow an extra day of rest.
here's where my negativity comes from. 5 years with arians system , several position upgrades. and yet they still struggle to put 21 points on the board , AGAINST SHITTY TEAMS !!!
seriously how could anyone not be negative when you've got an offense loaded with individual talents ( top 5 qb , top 5 receiving core , great TE , probowl center , 1st rd pick RB ) and yet year after year they under achieve. why can GB ,NE, NO , consistently put up 35+ on the board and we struggle to put up 14 against the browns ?

only jacksonville with a rookie qb and houston with a 3rd string qb, scored less points against the colts than we did....

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 01:03 AM   #7
Wallace108

Member Number:

Quote:
im one of the more positive "glass is half full" posters on this board but there are several things i dont like-

-ryan clark out.
-2 UDFA practice squad rookies rounding out our RB corps going into the playoffs.
-ST ace and emergency CB madison being called offa the couch (literally) sunday night to see if he can return.
-Woodley (who will probably be winded and tired after the 2nd series) returning and possibly re-injured for the year.
-another OL revolving starting rotation. (this one may actually be a plus getting legursky back).
-injured nickel back (since its vs denver, this too will probably be a non factor)

did i miss anything?

oh yeah, our kicker still probably couldnt make a 47 yard fg to win the game at mile high.

im confident going into denver, but if any of these problems linger into a deeper playoff run, any steeler fan has a legitimate reason for concern.
You left out the part about the brain-dead offensive coordinator.

EDIT: I see MoP's got your back.
Old 01-05-2012, 01:06 AM   #8
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter

Member Number: 3236
Thanked 5,172 Times in 1,933 Posts

As the resident lizard of the other place puts it "if you like points go become a pats fan".

Uhh duh, you gotta be able to score points to win games.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Last edited by MACH1; 01-05-2012 at 01:20 AM.
MACH1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 01:16 AM   #9
Steel_Bus_24
Team Owner

Member Number: 2886
Thanked 1,037 Times in 506 Posts

Quote:

-ryan clark out.

did i miss anything?

The bigger thing for me, is that they haven't looked Piss*d Off enough yet.....One time maybe this year, we played with that "Possessed Look"/"Eye of the Tiger"....if you will...and that was against the Pats and maybe a little in that 2nd Bengals game........

And we're going to need boatloads of it to overcome these injuries

I hope its like they say, and its the beginning of a new season for us, and we are ready for the all out war its going to take to get back to the SuperBowl

Also Known as SteelerSpartan
Steel_Bus_24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 01:21 AM   #10
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 3,771 Times in 1,612 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACH1 View Post
As the resident lizard of the other place puts it "if you like points go become a pats fan".

Well duh, you gotta be able to score points to win games.
and look what happens when you don't put points on the board ( see 2009 )
cinn 18
pitt 12

kc 27
pitt 24

balt 20
pitt 17

oak 27
pitt 24

clev 13
pitt 6

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote