Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Old 06-25-2006, 10:19 PM   #1
SteelCzar76
Banned

Member Number: 2498
Default Know your enemy,...

What division teams do you think had the best offseason ? And whom do you think will be the most improved ? I hate to say it but,...i think it's the Clowns. Crennel seems to finally have the personel to run an effective 3-4 Defense. That's not a problem for us because our O see's it in practice,.. but they could make noise with anyone else. I'm not sold on the Bungles,.we still have a mental edge because in their heart of hearts,.. they know they are not ready. We always go to war with the Ratbirds but even with Mcnair i don't think they have enough on the offensive side of the ball to get it done. (Not to mention they're gettin a little long in the tooth on D)

"Hail Caesar,...Hail the Black and Gold"
SteelCzar76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 10:40 AM   #2
RoethlisBURGHer
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 370
Default Re: Know your enemy,...

Most improved-Cleveland Browns: Jurevicius is a very good reciever and I always see him make those really tough catches,Cleveland hasn't seen a reciever like that since they came back.KW will be back this year and I think he's gonna be a force to be reconed with.They finally got help on the o-line so Frye won't be as much of a sitting duck this year.When Edwards comes back he'll be thier #1 reciever.

Least Improved-Cincinnati Bengals: I just don't really see what they did to improve.Hell,half thier team might be in jail before the season starts.And if Palmer isn't ready it'll be a long season for the Bengals.

Improved but Not Enough-Baltimore Ravens:Steve McNair is an upgrade over any quarterback this team has ever had.However,McNair is on the tail end of his career and hasn't played a full season in like two or three years.The Teflon QB has become The Glass QB.The o-line is the same as it was last year and McNair might be in a full body cast by week 5 of the season.When McNair does go down,Kyle Boller steps back under center and we all know he's no good.Ngata will help the d-line but Ray Ray still won't be the most effective guy on the field.

Congrats to the 2009 Stanley Cup Champion Pittsburgh Penguins
RoethlisBURGHer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 10:44 AM   #3
Big D
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 2313

I would have to say the browns as well. Getting Mcginnest was a great pick they also had a very decent draft. And lets not turn the home cooking on to much here. Crennell is a great coach. As far as the ravens they could have got tom brady as long as they have brian billick they wont go anywhere. He runs a circus not a nfl franchise
Big D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 11:12 AM   #4
BlackNGold203
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 1217

The Browns have improved..they will be competitive..but they are still a couple years away....I'm just not sold on Frye....

ravens?...please...McNair isnt McNair anymore....he used to be a Steeler killer...but you saw what we did to him in the opener last year....Their D is old...not a factor

It's still the Bengals...everything hinges on Palmer...and it will be interesting to see how they deal with a little success last year...from the outside looking in...there doesnt seem to be great chemistry there.
Old 06-26-2006, 11:18 AM   #5
Big D
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 2313

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackNGold203
The Browns have improved..they will be competitive..but they are still a couple years away....I'm just not sold on Frye....

ravens?...please...McNair isnt McNair anymore....he used to be a Steeler killer...but you saw what we did to him in the opener last year....Their D is old...not a factor

It's still the Bengals...everything hinges on Palmer...and it will be interesting to see how they deal with a little success last year...from the outside looking in...there doesnt seem to be great chemistry there.
I strongly believe that you cant win a superbowl anymore if you dont have a defense. Look how much peyton has missed out for that reason. So I dont really see the bengals a threat
Big D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 11:18 AM   #6
ARKIESTEEL
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 2268

Them old QB's can jump and bite you if you dont watch it

BIG FAT ARKIESTEEL
ARKIESTEEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 11:20 AM   #7
BlackNGold203
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 1217

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARKIESTEEL
Them old QB's can jump and bite you if you dont watch it

Agreed Arkie....but with that OL...he's gonna be barking from a hospital bed I think....
Old 06-26-2006, 08:19 PM   #8
SteelCzar76
Banned

Member Number: 2498

"lmao,....While ya playin,..Mcnair would play with an IV on. Real talk,..he's tough,..but they won't have enough.

"Hail Caesar,...Hail the Black and Gold"
SteelCzar76 is offline   Reply With Quote