Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 01-05-2012, 12:56 PM   #1
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 8,054 Times in 3,367 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw
Default I hardly ever agree with anything Terrell Suggs has to say, except this.

funny read I thought.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...headline_stack

Suggs: 'God had to save Tim Tebow and the Denver Broncos'

If there's a crowded P.O. Box in Denver where citizens apply for entry into the Tim Tebow Fan Club, they're still waiting on paperwork from Terrell Suggs.

And they'll keep on waiting, because the Ravens star linebacker -- never afraid to speak his opinion -- isn't buying the Tebow hype. Not during the Broncos' 7-1 midseason streak, and not as Denver (8-8) walked through the backdoor to grab the AFC West title.

"There's getting it done and there's not getting it done," Suggs said this week on ESPN First Take. "Once again, God had to save Tim Tebow and the Denver Broncos. Like I said, they didn't win (against the Raiders). It's simple -- you win, you're division champs. He couldn't even give them two drives. They lost, 7-3. Two drives gives them 9-7."

Denver still won the West, but for Suggs, whose Ravens hold the No. 2 seed in the AFC playoffs, there's a stark difference between how Baltimore and Denver (at least Tebow) go about their business.

"With all due respect, we don't pray on the sideline," Suggs said. "I mean we do -- we give it up to God (just for) safety and health, but we're gonna go out there and win that game. We don't need our kicker to make a 62-yarder. I'm just saying. We don't need guys to fall out of bounds and then we get to punt it back ... we don't need stuff like that to happen for us."

Suggs made it crystal clear he'd choose his quarterback, Joe Flacco, over anything Tebow brings to the table.

"Our quarterback knows how to go out and win games. When our quarterback prays, he be like, 'You know what, God, you know what, you sit on your couch and enjoy this. Thank you for blessing me and letting me wake up to play this game. I'm gonna impress you.' "

In Suggs' mind, the Ravens have done it on their own power, while Tebow and the Broncos have required help from above. Certainly big -- and possibly theologically spotty -- words from the man who calls himself "Sizzle" and recently opened a T-shirt line to celebrate a university that doesn't exist.
Fire Arians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 01:08 PM   #2
Dino 6 Rings
Living Legend

Member Number: 6891
Default Re: I hardly ever agree with anything Terrell Suggs has to say, except this.

already posted in NFL Talk...just saying.
Old 01-05-2012, 01:34 PM   #3
gloydfan
Water Boy

Member Number: 18821
Default Re: I hardly ever agree with anything Terrell Suggs has to say, except this.

To hell with anything Suggs has to say...
gloydfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 01:40 PM   #4
plenewken
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 3447

Who cares what this neanderthal has to say?
plenewken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 01:54 PM   #5
Bill Cowher's Jaw
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 18472

The sad thing is that Suggs himself will be praying for Tebow to win this week.
Bill Cowher's Jaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 02:02 PM   #6
FanSince72
Team Owner

Member Number: 17502
Thanked 1,844 Times in 794 Posts

I agree with Suggs in that I'd rather have Flacco than Tebow in terms of talent and that "making" a win is different than "getting" a win because of a mistake or dumb luck.

But the one thing that's still true is that Denver is in the playoffs.

Whether or not (from a talent perspective) they deserve to be is debatable.
But if they believe that Tebow's presence or his spirituality has something to do with their success then that's something that really exists. If a person wins at something and they say that they won because they carry a rabbit's foot or a picture of their grandmother with them, who's to say that either of those things didn't have anything to do with their success?

If a rabbit's foot (or a spiritual quarterback) makes you feel confident and that confidence makes you play better, that's just as valid as any "skill" you may have.
FanSince72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 02:23 PM   #7
plenewken
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 3447

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanSince72 View Post

If a rabbit's foot (or a spiritual quarterback) makes you feel confident and that confidence makes you play better, that's just as valid as any "skill" you may have.
If this is true, we should fire Arians and hire the Pope.
plenewken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 02:35 PM   #8
harrison'samonster
Living Legend

Member Number: 17630
Thanked 10,786 Times in 4,305 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by plenewken View Post
If this is true, we should fire Arians and hire the Pope.
it is true though! It's confidence or a frame of mind. It's a way of life. The same thing with Christian thinking. Everything by the Grace of God. Give all the glory to God.

It's all in the bible. If Tebow wants to believe that his winning is because of God, that's great and fantastic. However, if Bronco fans want to say that God wants them to win and will give them victory all the time, that's highly debatable.

Nobody has to believe Tebow or follow his faith. However, if a person like Tebow (or any religious athlete) goes onto the field with strong faith that God is with him, that's power in the mind.
Old 01-05-2012, 03:10 PM   #9
FanSince72
Team Owner

Member Number: 17502
Thanked 1,844 Times in 794 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrison'samonster View Post
it is true though! It's confidence or a frame of mind. It's a way of life. The same thing with Christian thinking. Everything by the Grace of God. Give all the glory to God.

It's all in the bible. If Tebow wants to believe that his winning is because of God, that's great and fantastic. However, if Bronco fans want to say that God wants them to win and will give them victory all the time, that's highly debatable.

Nobody has to believe Tebow or follow his faith. However, if a person like Tebow (or any religious athlete) goes onto the field with strong faith that God is with him, that's power in the mind.
That's exactly right!

It doesn't even have to have anything to do with religion at all - it has to do with faith.

If a person has a lucky doorknob in their locker and they believe that that doorknob allows them to draw upon talent they have somewhere deep inside them, then that doorknob is just as powerful as any god or religion.
FanSince72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 05:26 PM   #10
smheart78
Water Boy

Member Number: 13973

This has everything to do with Suggs trying to fire up Tebow and the Broncos as a firestarter for their next game against the Steelers. As previously mentioned, Tuggs wants Denver to win so they won't have to face us.
smheart78 is offline   Reply With Quote