Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Blast Furnace

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 05-30-2005, 11:47 AM   #11
ironcitychef
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 109
Default Re: Patriots...America's Team??????

I think world wide the Steelers are champs. We represent everywhere. As for America, I did a test...

went to google and searched "america's team NFL" and surprise Dallas still comes up more times than not. Since they have 5 SB wins and more appearances, I can live giving them this title. Not to say we are not going to gain on them this year!

As for New England, I don't think they were in contention. I think the biggest reason is America loves personality. Dallas was big cause of Dorsett, Staubach, Aikman, Irvin, Smith, etc. We have a big fan base cause of Lambert, Greene, Bradshaw, etc. The pats while they have embraced the "team" concept, don't do enough to have America embrace them. Think of it like a party. If you could party with the Steelers of the 70's, Cowboys of the 90's or Pats of now, who would you pick? The first two are way more interesting than the Pats. I know thats how they like it, but it will cost them from being Americas team. HW i assume this is okay as long as you all keep winning. I don't really care, just pointing out America like bold and the Pats come up short. Nothing personal. Just stating the facts.
Old 05-30-2005, 08:07 PM   #12
hardwork
Banned

Member Number: 342
Talking Re: Patriots...America's Team??????

You can take "America's Team", and Dynasty, and HOF players, and perennial Pro Bowlers, and stick 'em all where the sun don't shine. We could care less.

Football is about overcoming adversity. Football is about taking everything the other team has, turning it all around, and winning. The more super stars you got, the better we like it. The more big shot history your franchise has, the more we want to kick your a$$.

Keep running your mouths off. Keep posting pictures of big ben with a Super Bowl ring. Keep showing your ignorence. We love it. We live for it. And we win with it.
hardwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2005, 08:29 PM   #13
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Member Number: 70

So what your implying is that there is no hype surrounding brady.. no mulitple pics all over the media, no hyping him as a HOF QB.. yeah ok, whatever!
BlitzburghRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2005, 09:05 PM   #14
hardwork
Banned

I didn't mention Brady. I didn't mention the media. So what the hell are you talking?
Old 05-30-2005, 09:12 PM   #15
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Quote:
Keep running your mouths off. Keep posting pictures of big ben with a Super Bowl ring. Keep showing your ignorence. We love it. We live for it. And we win with it.
I was simply replying to that statement.. ur making it sound like nobody ever toughts the pats as a great team and heaps all kinds of praise on brady, and bellicheck and company.. Yeah we can praise ben all we want, he's done a great job in the little time he's been so far.. so eat that up and WE WILL WIN IT !
Old 05-30-2005, 10:23 PM   #16
RoethlisBURGHer
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 370

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardwork
By the way,it's ignorance,you bafoon.

And don't act like Patriot fans don't run thier mouth.Don't act like nobody says Brady is the best QB ever (ha,that's debatable).Don't act like the Patriots dynasty hasn't been considered the best in history.

Bellicheck has been announced a genius,people are comparing him to Vince Lombardi...some say he's better than Lombardi.

All Championship runs end,and yours is up.It's someone else's time.May not be the Steelers,but it isn't yours.

Congrats to the 2009 Stanley Cup Champion Pittsburgh Penguins
RoethlisBURGHer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2005, 10:24 PM   #17
hardwork
Banned

I still don't see anything about the media, or Brady. And it's you people in here who are putting up pics of Rothlessburgher with a ring, not the press. I've never seen such BS out of a group of fans that root for a team that hasn't done anything. When all is said and done you might as well have been 1 and 15 last year. In fact you'd have been better off. You would have gotten a better draft pick.
Old 05-30-2005, 11:03 PM   #18
hardwork
Banned

Yesterday Michael Felger of the Boston Herald asked Corey Dillon: "What does that (one Super Bowl) mean?"

Corey Dillon: "That doesn't mean anything right now. ..................................... If you're wondering if I'm still hungry, don't even bother. I'm hungry. I'm thirsty,''

We're still hungry. We're still thirsty. We need more. We're gonna get more. And if your team gets in the way, call for an ambulance. Better yet, call for 5 or 6 of 'em. You're gonna need 'em.
Old 05-30-2005, 11:15 PM   #19
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardwork
I still don't see anything about the media, or Brady. And it's you people in here who are putting up pics of Rothlessburgher with a ring, not the press. I've never seen such BS out of a group of fans that root for a team that hasn't done anything. When all is said and done you might as well have been 1 and 15 last year. In fact you'd have been better off. You would have gotten a better draft pick.
You must be smokin some good ganja my friend to think that we the fans are the only ones heaping praise on big ben. have you watched ESPN or the NFL network lately.. Ben is all the rage and rightfully so.. but dont think for 1 second that the media and the pats fans dont sing the praises of brady and company every chance they get. gimme a break!

when all is said and done, we are still 1-1 last year against you, we still went 15-1 in the regular season, the ONLY afc to ever do that, we still have the rookie of the year, the number defense and the #1 running game. so dont go thinking we have nothing to look forward too.

yes we didnt win the big dance, but for a rookie QB to come in like he did in the 2nd game of the season, thats pretty damn good too!
Old 05-30-2005, 11:25 PM   #20
hardwork
Banned

"have you watched ESPN or the NFL network lately.. Ben is all the rage and rightfully so."

Good. Suck it up, we love it.

Remember, we're all finished. We were just lucky anyway (tuck rule). Everybody let us win because we are called The Patriots. Brady isn't even one of the best QBs in the league. You people said all of that, and more.

Keep it going. I'm eating it up.