Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Blast Furnace

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 05-31-2005, 01:06 AM   #21
ironcitychef
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 109
Default Re: Patriots...America's Team??????

Oh, don't get me started...

1) 'I read in another Steelers MB where there are a ton of Patsy fans talking about how they are "Americas Team"'

This whole thread was started to discuss NE fans claiming they are America's team. If you are a NE fan and I'm not naming names, you have a couple options. Deny you are America's team(notes personally denied Steelers are America's team in prior post re: Dallas), agree and say NE is America's team then back it up with facts(notes this is the rule of the thread), or last agree or disagree with America's team statement, then spend your time in a worthwhile manner by convincing your own fans on your own board! I hate to say it but you have done none of the three. You post as if you are America's team, you have no facts showing NE fan base or any relevant stats, and you are trying to bash us for discussing something started by NE flamers on other boards. Don't get mad at us, get mad at your fans and their stupid posts. Why are you getting so mad if none of this matters? Which brings me to...

2) Corey Dillon: "That doesn't mean anything right now. ..................................... If you're wondering if I'm still hungry, don't even bother. I'm hungry. I'm thirsty,''

Wow. I'm impressed. Going by this, you must have been able to drink an ocean, and eat a continent when you were with the Bengals. Don't lie. It does matter. If it didn't then why not stay with the Bengals?

3) You make tons of statements about a QB that that wasn't tops in his class but shows signs of brillance. Funny, isn't that how you won your three Super Bowls? Kinda ironic you mock us for the same reason you throw accolades at your team.

Sorry, tried to keep it factual before but posts deserved an answer. Hope I represented Steelers fans on this.
Old 05-31-2005, 08:56 AM   #22
bigbensgirl7
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 292

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardwork
You can take "America's Team", and Dynasty, and HOF players, and perennial Pro Bowlers, and stick 'em all where the sun don't shine. We could care less.

Football is about overcoming adversity. Football is about taking everything the other team has, turning it all around, and winning. The more super stars you got, the better we like it. The more big shot history your franchise has, the more we want to kick your a$$.

Keep running your mouths off. Keep posting pictures of big ben with a Super Bowl ring. Keep showing your ignorence. We love it. We live for it. And we win with it.
Alright 1st off, you keep saying we, we, we...so what position do you play, because remember in a previous thread you claim that the fans and the city did NOT win anything, and that it's only the present organization that won anything...and supposedly you guys are smart enough to know it wasn't you...it was the team...so why WE WE WE????

Next...please tell me where you see pics of Ben and a SB ring??? If you are talking about my sig, you obviously haven'y seen the rings...they are a little more elaborate than that ring. That is a basic team ring that you can get for any team. I guess the earings on my sig are the new SB earings too, HUH????
Old 05-31-2005, 09:03 AM   #23
RoethlisBURGHer
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 370

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironcitychef
Sorry, tried to keep it factual before but posts deserved an answer. Hope I represented Steelers fans on this.
I think you did a good job.

Congrats to the 2009 Stanley Cup Champion Pittsburgh Penguins
RoethlisBURGHer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2005, 10:42 AM   #24
hardwork
Banned

Member Number: 342
Talking Re: Patriots...America's Team??????

Things must be slow in Pittsburgh if all you got to do is make up a story, and then defend it.
hardwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2005, 11:22 AM   #25
RoethlisBURGHer
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardwork
Things must be slow in Pittsburgh if all you got to do is make up a story, and then defend it.
ICC,please link us to the thread where the Patriots are referred to as "America's Team".

Old 05-31-2005, 03:03 PM   #26
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 302

Hardwork! Regardless of whether or not the story was fabricated, cause I really have no idea! Nice and politley, tell us how you feel. I`m curious how do you feel about your fans? Not the Pats, just the fans. Have you noticed a bunch of bandwagon jumpers? Do you feel you have one of the better or larger fan bases? To me Boston is a baseball town, but I really don`t know. I think anyone on this site that has ever had anything to do with Pittsburgh, knows that it is a football town. I grew up in P.A. , now live in Cleveland area. this town is a who ever is hot town, its really terrible. One thing I have noticed is that I don`t see many Pats jersey here, or in the urban areas where there is alot of football jerseys. I do see Celtics jerseys though.
Old 05-31-2005, 03:37 PM   #27
RoethlisBURGHer
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevestinks
One thing I have noticed is that I don`t see many Pats jersey here, or in the urban areas where there is alot of football jerseys. I do see Celtics jerseys though.
That's because throwbacks are cool...and it's impossible to have a Patriots throwback when they have no history.

But HW,I have a question.When the Patriots don't win the Super Bowl,and another team (probally the Steelers) are hoisting the Lombardi in the air...will you stick around or vanish?It's nice having you around,talking smack sucks when there is nobody around to talk it to.Plus,for the msot part,you're a cool guy and pretty football smart.

Old 06-01-2005, 08:12 AM   #28
bigbensgirl7
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 292

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoethlisBURGHer
ICC,please link us to the thread where the Patriots are referred to as "America's Team".
The "TROLLS" are all over the SteelersLive MB. There are thousands of posts... and you can go through them but here is one of them... all you have to do is search for the TROLLS and you will see some Patsie fans at their finest!!!
http://discuss.pittsburghlive.com/vi...er=asc&start=0
This thread I linked you too was started because the Pats fans were saying this in many other threads on this board. I don't have enough time to go through them all, but these kindof comments are all through that forum!

Last edited by bigbensgirl7; 06-01-2005 at 09:48 AM.
bigbensgirl7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005, 11:12 AM   #29
ironcitychef
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 109

BBG7, thanks for the linkage. Anyway, If I saw someone from here post that the Steelers are America's team, I'd say you are crazy. I think we are in the top 5 from what I have seen traveling around, but I don't think we deserve the title. All i want is for fans to back up their take. Its a forum to talk about issues, not to get mad cause people are talking about them. I know its the Blast Furnace, but come on. Rule #1 make sure you clearly state where you think your team ranks when it comes to America's team title, then talk smack please.
Old 06-01-2005, 11:36 AM   #30
RoethlisBURGHer
Living Legend
Supporter

BBG7 I JUST started posting there yesterday,and it runs rampant with Gaytriot trolls.Could this be because they have no real fan base (just a bunch of bandwagoners) therefore nobody wants to spend the money to create a message forum for the Patriots?