Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Blast Furnace

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 06-01-2005, 12:53 PM   #31
bigbensgirl7
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 292
Default Re: Patriots...America's Team??????

Yah...I go there a lot and read...but I don't post there, because there are so many negative posts in there. However, I've been reading it for years. Let's see...never a Pats fan before their 1st...then little by little with every win against the Steelers...they keep posting. When we beat the Pats in the beginning of the year...they were all there before the game talking mad sh** and after there wasn't a Pats fan in sight...yah I say bandwagoners!!!! It gets to be pretty fun during the season...because that's where all the trolls surface. They come out in full force to talk their smack before the game (ESP. the Ratbirds)
Old 06-01-2005, 02:53 PM   #32
hardwork
Banned

Member Number: 342

Look, I don't pay any attention to stuff like "America's Team", or this "dynasty" junk. I've said over and over in here, football is about solving problems. All that other stuff is just bar-room banter.

Our fans? This is historically a hockey, and baseball town. But the Patriots are catching on big time. This owner caters to the fans, because he knows there will be lean times. As long as we have good ownership the fans will support the team. Furthermore, no one around here is going to forget what this team has done over the past 4 years. Believe me.
hardwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005, 03:08 PM   #33
Prosdo
Banned

Member Number: 86

Yeah, but a lot of them weren't around UNTIL they started winning. Of course they won't forget the four years. But when the Patriots start losing you will definitely see how many fans were band wagon ones. I'm not saying you are hardwork by any means. I don't personally know you to be able to say that about you. Just a lot of Patriot fans aggravate me because if you ask most about something really simple about the Patriots before the Super Bowl wins they have no clue. Those kind of fans in general aggravate me to be honest. Band wagon fans and fair weather fans just are not to my liking. The true loyal fans of course will stay around.

Last edited by Prosdo; 06-01-2005 at 03:11 PM.
Prosdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005, 03:30 PM   #34
hardwork
Banned

You know, it's not the fans fault. We had an owner, Sullivan, who paid $25,000 for the team way back when the Patriots started. He never had any money, and he had no idea what he was doing. He tried to build a stadium in Boston, but he had neither the support, or the cash. So, he changed the name of the team from the Boston Patriots, to the New England Patriots, and dug a hole in Foxborough, pored cement in it, and that was that. I mean this team had no identity, they weren't very good, and Boston had the Red Sox, the great Celtic teams, and the Bobby Orr Bruins at the time.
See? So ease off, this is really the birth of this team right now.
Old 06-01-2005, 03:44 PM   #35
Prosdo
Banned

I understand that. I'm talking about people who just like them because they are winning. It disgusts me. I understand people who truly have an interest in the team. What I am saying is I have dealt with a lot of Patriots fans who talk so much shit but in actuality don't know shit. Not saying anything bad about you or true fans of the team.
Old 06-01-2005, 03:50 PM   #36
hardwork
Banned

Sure, you gonna get that. Look at the Red Sox last year. All of sudden every politican wanted to be seen at Fenway Park. But, no one is more loyal then the real Red Sox's fans.
Old 06-01-2005, 03:57 PM   #37
Prosdo
Banned

I have a lot of respect for the Red Sox fans. Never said I didn't. To stay loyal through that stuff that shows true fans. I actually wanted the Red Soxs to win because of their loyal fans. So its not like I have a problem with Boston or its fans. Its just the fans who are just there because of winning. Like the New York Yankees. They have loyal fans, there were a lot of band wagon fans though. Its the band wagon fans I have a problem with not the true fans or the locals.
Old 06-01-2005, 04:15 PM   #38
hardwork
Banned

If the Patriots had remained the Boston Patriots, and built their own stadium downtown, we wouldn't be having this conversation. They would have drawn loyal fans just like the Red Sox do.

I'll tell you, it was so bad for awhile in Foxborough that I couldn't take my wife to the games. The parking lot was full of drunken bums who came to the games just to get smashed and be asses. People stopped taking their families altogether. Now, however, it is a family affair.
Old 06-01-2005, 04:26 PM   #39
Prosdo
Banned

Well its nice to know that aspect has changed. I have no problem with loyal fans as I said. Its the ones who are total nonsense. If you are a fan great, but if you are only a fan because they are winning those are the fans I hate.
Old 06-01-2005, 05:03 PM   #40
bigbensgirl7
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 292

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardwork
Furthermore, no one around here is going to forget what this team has done over the past 4 years. Believe me.
Well now your being hypocritical...because you are saying you won't ever forget what the Pats have done in these past yrs...but your telling us to forget what the Steelers of the 70s accomplished, which is still considered to most as the best dynasty EVER!!! What happens if the Pats don't win another Championship for 20+ yrs? Are you still going to remember these yrs, and be proud that you are a Pats fan???