Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Blast Furnace

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 06-02-2005, 12:25 AM   #51
ironcitychef
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 109
Default Re: Patriots...America's Team??????

I actually tried to take some rep away from you for refusing to just give a simple opinion on "our" board about who you thought is America's team. Sadly I was unable to cause I was stupid enough to give you one rep point for posting something that looked like an opinion when you stammered to type that NE was only growing as a franchise and team. We are just talking sports dude! Don't cut to cheap shots of inserting our armed forces into the board. If I asked you who our sports heros are would you fly off the handle and remind us that enlisted men and women are our heros? And how dare you rank the Marines above the law enforcement officers that protect us on our own soil! See, even your post has flaws! Its time you start admitting to your own flaws and start posting sensible, honest crap instead of that "holier than thou" stuff as of late.

Sorry to get so upset, but its only a question man. "Who do you think is America's team?" Plain and simple. You could say the Cardinals and we wouldn't care. But to throw the military at us like we don't respect and appreciate what they do on a daily basis is crap and well below you my friend.
Old 06-02-2005, 01:01 AM   #52
hardwork
Banned

Member Number: 342

Chef, you're a waste of time.
hardwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005, 01:10 AM   #53
hardwork
Banned

"I myself don`t believe there is an answer to who is Americas team. I do think the NFL is taking over as Americas favorite past time.And thank God for rivalries, or this would not be as much fun"

I agree with all that. Look, I'm not here because I hate the Steelers. I'm here because you are the team we have to beat. Simple as that. You are our biggest rival. We know, trust me, how dangerous you could become. You may not like me in here, but I'm not stupid. I know who's good and who isn't.
Old 06-02-2005, 01:50 AM   #54
ironcitychef
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardwork
Chef, you're a waste of time.
You really are a bandwagon fan aren't you? Quit making it personal. If I asked a simple question like what is the most popular flavor of livesavers you would be so afraid to make a stand you come up with some on the fence post of "well there are many people and many flavors so none is actually the most poplular" You are so afraid of stating your opinion cause you know we will catch you double dipping and sitting on the fence. Conitinue to post Ben is awful QB but one heck of a QB, that the Steelers suck but we are your biggest rival, and history doesn't count but we won three of four.

You know my friends are not perfect. But I know who they are, what they stand for, and I can always count on their 'honest' opinion. Most of the people here I have agreed with and disagreed with, but at least they gave it to me straight. You keep posting your cliches while taking pot shots and hiding behind "you're a bunch of Steelers fans bashing the minority".

What do you do with your buddies at the corner bar when the game is on? "Hey Hardwork, if we win again next year I believe we could become America's team" Ahem..."I myself don`t believe there is an answer to who is Americas team. I do think the NFL is taking over as Americas favorite past time.And thank God for rivalries, or this would not be as much fun" Yeah that comeback goes over well with the Boston fans. You either go "Hell yeah" or "Well we'll be up there"

We try to treat you as one of us, but you still look down on us don't you?
Old 06-02-2005, 02:55 AM   #55
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Member Number: 70

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardwork
"I myself don`t believe there is an answer to who is Americas team. I do think the NFL is taking over as Americas favorite past time.And thank God for rivalries, or this would not be as much fun"

I agree with all that. Look, I'm not here because I hate the Steelers. I'm here because you are the team we have to beat. Simple as that. You are our biggest rival. We know, trust me, how dangerous you could become. You may not like me in here, but I'm not stupid. I know who's good and who isn't.

awe now comon, you know you hate the black n gold.. even just alittle bit.. cuz we're ur worst nightmare.. the colts have no defense and are too finesse, the chargers are stilla couple years away from being a serious contender in the post season.. so its us against you again.

I can say I hate the pats.. not on the same level as I hate the ratbirds or clowns, but my distaine for the pats (even though I respect what they have accomplished) is quite high.
BlitzburghRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005, 10:45 AM   #56
bigbensgirl7
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 292

In all honesty...I don't thing there should be a label on one team as "America's team"! This is the National Football League. I believe The Steelers are Pittsburgh's and their fans team. The Cowboys are Dallas' team, and so on. But if someone were to come up to me and ask...I would probably say Dallas just because of the title given to them yrs. ago. I love the Steelers, but I don't want them to be America's Team, I want them to be my team, and the rest of the die hard Steelers fans!

Blitz wrote: "I did an informal poll today of 20 people at work 15 guys and 5 women. none of whom watch any football w/ regularity except for the SB.. I asked them who americas team was. 10 of them said the cowboys, cuz thats what they heard.. 2 of them said the raiders, 4 of them said the Steelers and the other 3 didnt know." - I think that's a pretty accurate poll you did, because I think even if you increase the # of people asked...you would still get close to the same results...and like I said...I'm fine with not being labeled "America's Team"!!! :)
Old 06-02-2005, 07:51 PM   #57
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 302

I would think the NFL wouldn`t want Americas team either. Maybe it should be the brownies though? You know they started from the bottom, like many Americans have to. Fought hard ? Oh may be not, there still on the bottom. Must have been thinking of some one else.

Browns Suck!
And Cleve Stinks!
Old 06-02-2005, 09:15 PM   #58
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Member Number: 70

When you think about it, there is no more americas team..there's so much parity in the league, nobody is THAT much better than anyone else.
BlitzburghRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005, 12:22 AM   #59
ironcitychef
Assistant Coach
Supporter

I understand all that. I just reason that statistically someone is the favorite team, and since I hadn't heard anyone mention it since Dallas in the 70-80's I thought it was valid enough to bring up for guesses and discussion. While your poll and my search, and our guts tell us Dallas would still be the answer, I find it funny that while some would say there is no clear cut winner, they also wouldn't mind if their team was given the title at the same time. I felt it was like when you ask athletes if its important to win the big game. The smile and just say they are happy for the success they had that season and what happens, happens. Yeah you don't hurt anyone's feelings, but you are not speaking the whole truth. I give athletes a huge amount of respect for those moments when reason slips and they let the media know how much validation means to them. It beats seeing emotionless cliches after every game.

Would America's team mean anything different if the NFL keeps expanding playing locations world wide? Is it beneficial to market a Browns, Cardinals, or Texans team instead of Cowboys, Steelers, or even yes, the Patriots? I'm thinking the NFL does want a team to have large scale like-ability after watching NFL Europe. Seems like all those teams over there are hodge-podge. Good then bad year in, year out. Going back to the older dynasties, it was a plus cause then you had the fans of a consistent winning team and then a huge following that just wanted to see them lose. It kept a new fan base more interested than a ever changing pool of mediocrity. Guess we'll see...
Old 06-03-2005, 11:14 PM   #60
hardwork
Banned

Yeah, one day we'll see the Super Bowl winning QB break down and say, sniff~Does this mean~~sniff~sniff~~that we're America's Team? waaaaaaa~~sniff~~sniff