Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Blast Furnace

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 06-24-2005, 10:01 AM   #81
bengalsfan21
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 420
Default Re: Patriots...America's Team??????

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardwork
"I think they are overrated...I got more love for steelers and brownies"

You know, how a team that has won 3 out of the last 4 Super Bowls can be overrated is beyond me. I mean if they had just won the 2001 SB, ok. But they turned around and took 2 of the next 3 on top of 2001. That's not what an overrated team does. But hey, if you can't appreciate what they've accomplished both as a team, and as an organization, it's your loss, not theirs. I can tell you one thing. The front offices around the league know what they've done, and would give their eye teeth to be able to do the same thing.
My biggest problem with your team is your fans....it just gets me to blab random stuff, your team did great I can respect that....But do your "fans" have to be so stuck up about it...I was argueing with one the other day who says they should be held in the same category as the 49ers dynasty and Cowboys dynasty....I for one think NOT nobody will come close to that and you your self should know that.
bengalsfan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 02:49 PM   #82
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 302

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardwork
"I think they are overrated...I got more love for steelers and brownies"

You know, how a team that has won 3 out of the last 4 Super Bowls can be overrated is beyond me. I mean if they had just won the 2001 SB, ok. But they turned around and took 2 of the next 3 on top of 2001. That's not what an overrated team does. But hey, if you can't appreciate what they've accomplished both as a team, and as an organization, it's your loss, not theirs. I can tell you one thing. The front offices around the league know what they've done, and would give their eye teeth to be able to do the same thing.
I do agree with HW here. As much as I hated to lose 2 AFC Championship games to them. You have to tip your hat to thier team. As far as a Bungles fan doubting any team being a dynasty. Bengals fan you have`nt earned the right to even talk about dynasty. Year after year you have one of the worst teams in the league. That means you get high draft picks, that means you suck. you all suck.
Old 06-24-2005, 02:59 PM   #83
bigbensgirl7
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 292

As much as I hate to admit it...I have to agree with HW also. Really right now, no one has earned the right to really say anything negative about what the Pats have accomplished over the last 4 years. However, on the same note...as far as most Pats fans...I don't think you guys have the right to start crap with every one around the NFL. In all so respect I think when it comes to the fans...you rank right there with the Bengal fans...FAIR WEATHER. and I think that's where everyone gets pissed. I have said it before and I will say it again. Even though I have very little respect for 90% of their fans, I have incredible respect for their team-they have walked a some what quite road to 3 SBs!
Old 07-01-2005, 04:11 PM   #84
dropKickMurphy
Water Boy

Member Number: 443

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoethlisBURGHer
They couldn't even sell out thier stadium before they won the Super Bowl.
Never let the facts get in the way.

The Patriots have sold out every home game (pre-season, regular season, and post season) for 12 straight years.

The Patriots are #2 in NFL merchandise sales...behind the Eagles, ahead of the Steelers.

Patriots fans do show up in large numbers on the road. Yes, when we play a team that is sold out with season tickets (Jets, Steelers, etc) you won't see many Pats fans. Just like the last time the Steelers played at Gillette (2002), when no Steeler fans could be seen or heard.
However, there are always a huge number of Pats fans at the Miami game. Last year, there was a huge contingent that travelled to the Arizona game. If there are tickets to be had, Patriots fans will buy them, since there's a 50,000 name waiting list for season's tickets.

We don't claim the Patriots are "America's Team". Hell, if there's any such thing, it would be the Red Sox. They also sell out every home game, and their fans show up in huge numbers on the road. In many of the road series, such as Tampa Bay, Cleveland, Toronto, Detroit, Philly, the Sox fans were drowning out the home fans. I can guarantee that there is no fan base in all of sports that buys as many tickets to away games as Red Sox fans.

The vast majority of Patriots fans are Red Sox fans, and vice versa. It's been that way for many years. The difference between us and you is that we support all of our teams. Pittsburgh is a great football town, a lousy baseball town, and overall a mediocre sports town. Boston is the #1 baseball town, a very good football town, and arguably the best overall sports town in the nation.

Last edited by dropKickMurphy; 07-01-2005 at 04:15 PM.
dropKickMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 04:43 PM   #85
Dirtywater
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 434

Quote:
Originally Posted by dropKickMurphy
Never let the facts get in the way.

The Patriots have sold out every home game (pre-season, regular season, and post season) for 12 straight years.
DKM, don't you know it's easier to just throw crap on the wall and see what sticks. :D
You know you own other teams when that's the worst they can say and it isn't even true.
Old 07-01-2005, 08:16 PM   #86
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

I don`t knock on them for not having fans. We do sometimes question how many loyal fans and for how long? I know in Pittsburgh our fans have been die hards for years and years! I undestand from Hardwork thank to previous bad owners you have had some lean times. And the fans didn`t stick with thePats. As far as NFL merchandise goes, the superbowl winner uually does come out on top. Big surprise there, Not.
Old 07-01-2005, 08:48 PM   #87
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Member Number: 70

Hey, now, I'd say our Home game sellouts arent too damn shabby either.. and you have to admit, there is NOBODY in the NFL that has fans travel as well as Steeler fans do. From Pittsburgh, to Florida, to Cali to Texas to Michigan..and all points in between and around the globe..if the Steelers are on the road, u can bank on a huge showing of terrible towels in the stands.

I also agree w/ cleve, I also question the loyalty of the fans in general. The diehards like you pats fans seem to be are all good..but all these ones just seaping out from the cracks in the ground just because you won championships is pretty

But hey, u guys are the defending champs so give u ur credit for sure !
BlitzburghRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 05:48 PM   #88
ironcitychef
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 109

I thought this thread would be dead by now, but since I haven't been here in awhile...

HW, its not who I say it is, just want you to give us some insight who you might think it could be since you don't think the title should exist. It wasn't hard for DKM to post an opinion. Even if you don't want to name a specific team, how bout just being a contirbuting member and helps us who want to talk about it create some updated criteria? Too much to ask I guess. Don't want to start up old stuff, just didn't want you to think I wasn't here anymore.

As for traveling and home games, I haven't gotten a call on the Steelers season ticket waiting list yet, so I think we are good in that department. And traveling, I think it is important that a fan base support your team on the road and home. Teams like GB, PIT, and the Boys always have had "visible" fans where I have cooked. I know I saw Brister jerseys, Stewart shirts, and other bad year players stuff in public. I never saw a Grogan jersey though. Just makes me think America's team should be loveable in good and bad which is why I can see the Sox being ahead of the Pats in Boston.
Old 07-06-2005, 07:02 PM   #89
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

IRONCITYCHEF is in the House!

I would travel to Boston or New York to see a Yankees / Sox game. I wouldn`t travel anywhere to see a Patss, Jets game!
Old 07-07-2005, 11:33 PM   #90
hardwork
Banned

Member Number: 342
Talking Re: Patriots...America's Team??????

Chef, long time no see.

America's team? Hmmmmmmmmmm This has to be a football team, right? A pro football team, right? Hmmmmmmmm

I just don't like the concept Chef. How can you pick one team? If I say the Patriots, who certainly have a leg up at this point in time, you're going to say the Steelers. And, of course, they should be considered if you're talking history of the game. I mean the NFL isn't about one team. It's about YOUR team. Would you just cook hambergers all day, Chef? No, you'd cook a little of this, and a little of that.
hardwork is offline   Reply With Quote