Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 01-08-2012, 07:30 PM   #1
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 7,511 Times in 3,134 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw
Default Fire Lebeau too

Lebeau seriously shit thr bed in this one. You let the worst qb in the NFL throw for 3 TD's and you deserve to lose your job. The Broncos couldn't score on Paris Hilton these past 3 weeks and we make their offense look like the saints.

People have figured out lebeau, he's an old dog who can't learn new tricks, it took him 10 years to figure Brady out, and he makes Tebow look like john elway, its time for him to hang it up, we have been king of blowing leads since our sb vs Arizona
Fire Arians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 07:39 PM   #2
plenewken
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 3447
Default Re: Fire Lebeau too

As much as it pains me to say it, I think it's time for him to retire, and I hope it's also the last game Arians coached.
This team has no personality, no foundation anymore. We need to go back to our roots. Redman runs for more than 100yds today and we're pass happy with a QB who's crippled and when he's not crippled, he's not a great passer. WTF???
plenewken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 07:41 PM   #3
BKAnthem
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 13149

I just wonder why there was no spy on Tebow...Assign Timmons to him or something...
BKAnthem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 07:43 PM   #4
theplatypus
Team Owner

Member Number: 3329

Lebeau didn't cause Troy to gamble and lose on that bomb to the te and he didn't cause Taylor to commit 3 stupid penalties and be out of position 2-3 times either.
theplatypus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 07:45 PM   #5
casteeler
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 15446
My Mood: Crappy

I have a feeling that some people on the forum will still stand behind our CBs even after they made Tebow look like Tom Brady and that's called being a "Homer"
casteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 07:46 PM   #6
Walt
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 16787

Quote:
Originally Posted by plenewken View Post
As much as it pains me to say it, I think it's time for him to retire, and I hope it's also the last game Arians coached.
This team has no personality, no foundation anymore. We need to go back to our roots. Redman runs for more than 100yds today and we're pass happy with a QB who's crippled and when he's not crippled, he's not a great passer. WTF???
Yeah... I love Lebeau and everything he's done for this franchise, but seriously... the defense looked confused and out of place consistently today.

I could see them giving up 29 points and 300+ yards to Brady or Aaron Rogers... but not Tim Freakin' Tebow. The Broncos offense struggled to do anything the last month of the season. They struggled to score points - at home - against Kansas City in a must win game. They are just NOT THAT GOOD. Yet today, they looked 10 times more prepared for the Steelers defense than the Steelers defense appeared to be prepared for them.

Again, I'm not typically an "off with their heads" guy, but this was a defensive melt down against a weak offense in a game that matters. The melt down against the Ravens at home when they let the Ravens drive 90 yards to win the game... the fact that he didn't adjust in San Francisco when it was obvious the 49ers had no
intention of throwing the ball more than 15 yards down field.... It's obvious someone on that coaching staff is not getting the job done. Regardless of the personnel...
Walt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 07:47 PM   #7
Walt
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 16787

And make no mistake... I am just as upset with the players, like Ike who played his worst game of the 2011 season today.
Walt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 07:48 PM   #8
Bill Cowher's Jaw
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 18472

Yeah this was a sad, stubborn effort from Lebeau today.
Bill Cowher's Jaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 07:48 PM   #9
Ricco Suavez
Head Coach

Member Number: 7718

I blame the defense as much as any one but LeBeau gets some slack because he has built up cred over the years. We were Number one it just looks like with the injuries and all it caught us a the worst time. They played the worst game I have seen them play since 2009. I think we need a new offensive mind, Arians has run his course. If Ben does not like it then the Rooneys can tell him there are other teams. Either get on board or get off.
Ricco Suavez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 07:48 PM   #10
plenewken
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 3447

Quote:
Originally Posted by theplatypus View Post
Lebeau didn't cause Troy to gamble and lose on that bomb to the te and he didn't cause Taylor to commit 3 stupid penalties and be out of position 2-3 times either.
I agree but where was the pressure on Tebow? Never saw it. If we can't get to him, he's gonna take us apart.
I'm more p*ssed at Arians though. When we score only 6 pts in the first half when we had 6 possessions, there's definitely something wrong with the play calling. Redman has >100 yds and we throw the ball 41 times??? That's insane!
plenewken is offline   Reply With Quote