Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 01-08-2012, 07:45 PM   #1
truesteelerfan
Team Captain

Member Number: 11218
Default Sorry guys, not a hater, but this loss is our OC's fault

Our starting HB has a 7.5 yard average along with 100+ yards; and we still throw about 50 times this game.....no wonder we lost. Lifelong Steeler fan- and this one hurts...Especially as I live in CO...but as poor as our D was, we could have kept Tebow and their O off the field had we run the ball more....a 1st down every 2 plays- why throw so much????
truesteelerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 07:46 PM   #2
OX1947
Living Legend

Member Number: 723
Thanked 1,056 Times in 557 Posts
Default Re: Sorry guys, not a hater, but this loss is our OC's fault

Arians offense is bad, but the defense played horrible. Not having Ryan Clark in there was bigger then I thought. I'd say, that was the key to the game.
OX1947 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 07:49 PM   #3
PeRK82
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 19438

Are you joking, the Defense didnt get done. The Offense looked pretty good to me. This is coming from an outside perspective. I'm in just as much disbelief, I was hoping for an AFC Championship between STEELER @ RAVENS.
PeRK82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 07:50 PM   #4
Curtain_of_Steel
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 11678

Def played horrendous. Arians sucks, but he didnt lose the game.

Clarks play didnt cause Ike Taylor to play like a retard in a wheel chair. I do apologize for anyone here who is retarded and in a wheel chair, but trying to keep it in perspective.

We get any sacks? NO... Zero, nada, zilch. Minimal pressure, although harrison was held constantly, not one call. Not surprising. But the Def lost the game.
Curtain_of_Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 07:50 PM   #5
Curtain_of_Steel
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 11678

Once Ben figured out he could run and didnt hurt as bad, he played great. But Oline still has to protect.
Curtain_of_Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 07:53 PM   #6
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Member Number: 6076
Thanked 3,662 Times in 1,756 Posts
My Mood: Fine

IMHO - that is one reason of many - what ticks me off is being at their 45 with a chance to get 1 or 2 plays to get a game winning field goal. A better team would have managed that situation a whole lot better. I give our Steelers credit for battling back after about 3 quarters of abysmal, uninspired football from both sides. They took the Broncos lightly and it was obvious they weren't prepared

Lastly - the injuries are a valid reason - there is only so much a team can over come. And yes, the Packers won with 15 on IR last year - but their QB wasn't hobbled. It is obvious that Ben hasn't been the same since Cleveland. We could have sat him - but he could have came out just as bad if not worse from rust. Hindsight is only 20/20.

Just got back from filling up the car with gas down here in MD - and the Ravens fans are drooling all over themselves. They had their car radios all on - turned way up and just about partying at the gas station over the Steelers loss. All I hope for is that they choke hard at home or in New England.

The one reasonable person was the gas station attendant - a Ravens fan - who reasonably said - any team with that many injuries would have lost - they've had some bad fortune so just settle down

it is what it is - everything that went wrong for us this season inevitably did

We still made the playoffs - but it just isn't our year. Let this be a lesson to the fans that were looking ahead to next week. Take the homer blinders off and realize that the Steelers are VERY capable of losing to teams considered worse than them. Plus - cmon - they were walking into a perfect storm

Look into my eyes
SF Haters
steelfury02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 07:54 PM   #7
GMU Steeler
Team Owner

Member Number: 16173

Sorry but the D deserves its share of the blame. Allowing all those deep passes to get them deep in our territory? Completely unacceptable. Not defending the O since they were sluggish outside of Redman.
GMU Steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 07:54 PM   #8
TRH
Living Legend

Member Number: 17206

well, we should have scored on that last drive, but....

for me, this loss was on the defense.
LeBeau = bad game plan.
Secondary = not good.
Defensive line/Linebackers = absolutely shameful, no pressure at all on Tebow. He stood back there ALL DAY LONG to throw.

We allowed them the 30 points for these reasons. So some bad playing calling here and there by Arians aside, this one's on the defense. That was horrendous.

Also, when everyone in the western hemisphere knows (except for our team, apparently) that Tebow will take off running when he can't find a receiver, what did our defense do? Why.....they left the middle of the field WIDE open for him to run through, thats what. He picked up a lot of critical yards that way.
TRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 07:56 PM   #9
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter

Member Number: 3236
Thanked 4,656 Times in 1,752 Posts

There's plenty of blame to go around in this one. Starting at the top with Tomlin. It seems to be a reoccurring theme of not being prepared, out coached and out played.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MACH1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 07:56 PM   #10
truesteelerfan
Team Captain

Member Number: 11218

You guys are all correct about our D playing a horrible game- but why were they out there so much in the first place? We had the ball 11 minutes of the 1st Q- we had a RB with 7+ yards per run, and our D could have sat. Bad game for our O,but bad playcalling IMO
truesteelerfan is offline   Reply With Quote