Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 01-08-2012, 08:08 PM   #11
btaylor179
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 15251
Default Re: Retool not rebuild, cuts for 2012

mendy shouldve been gone.....
btaylor179 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 08:08 PM   #12
LastRide
Water Boy

Member Number: 20529

Will the organization use injuries as excuses ?. Everyone gets a free pass and the glaring problems will be ignored ?. We are going to soon find out what happens. Going by history the Steeles just don't make the moves needed. You will see the same team next year, and weaknesses will be played all over again.
LastRide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 08:09 PM   #13
steeltheone
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 6351

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjpro11 View Post
why the **** would you get rid of Keisel? because he got hurt today? he's been solid for us all season. Hampton's been solid this season too. he's obviously getting old.. but right now all we have is McLendon with Hoke retiring because of a neck injury.
Hampton makes way to much...His pay is 4x more than anyone else ( NT ) and the production is basically the same.
Old 01-08-2012, 08:11 PM   #14
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 4,595 Times in 1,971 Posts

Hire an OC who's willing to take charge and keep Ben under control. His wanting to go for the home run on every first and ten is very predictable and needs to stop. the offense was much more impressive under whiz when we went after yards in chunks rather than the home run ball every 5 passes. The problem is Arians and Ben are too buddy buddy and that's not the type of relationship a coach and player should have. We need an oc who is willing to be the boss
Fire Arians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 08:11 PM   #15
Steel95
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 20292

I agree with most of what everyone has said; yes, this was the O/C fault. Why in the world did he stop running the football? In regulation, after the last 1st Down, they should have ran Redman! They could have picked up enough yards to kick a field goal. Another thing; that WR Screen? How many times is Arians going to call that junk? He is starting to get too predictable, lousy game plan. These guys were listening too much to the critics all week about Tim Tebow and his ineffectiveness to throw the Football. Hmm! That last play will stick in their minds the entire off-season I bet. Yes, the following players need to be replaced in the starting lineup:

James Farrior - Father time has caught up with him; the guys really looks slow N old out there. He can't cover the middle, can't keep up with the RB/TE's any longer.

Casey Hampton - Too old, too slow, still has a little left, but not nearly enough to last a 16 game schedule anymore. Draft a NT or ILB with the first pick.

Hines Ward - One of my favorite Steeler Players of all time; and that's saying quite a bit considering I've been following these guys for 37 years. But his time has come.

Aaron Smith - Placed on IR three out of the past four years, do I need to say more?

Larry Foote - A serviceable backup, the guy isn't a starter though.

Mendenhall - I would trade or release him, lets go back to some Old Steeler style football; did you see Redman tonight? Pound the football!!!

D. Lebeau - I still think he has it; but if he's too enamored with his current players to see and understand it's time to move on, then maybe it's time he should too. I hate to say that, I love this guy, but either the scheme or the players needs to go. It's obvious the players can no longer execute his scheme.

Bruce Arians - Do I need to say more.

The Backup QB's - The only one I would keep is Batch; Dixon, and the other guy, can't recall his name at the moment, the one that's fragile as glass, goodbye as well.
Steel95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 08:12 PM   #16
jjpro11
Living Legend

Member Number: 3559

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeltheone View Post
Hampton makes way to much...His pay is 4x more than anyone else ( NT ) and the production is basically the same.
ok.. but you better have someone damn well capable of replacing him.. right now all we have is McLendon.. Hoke will likely retire because of his neck injury.. even if he doesn't, you can't count on him lasting the season with that delicate of an injury.
Old 01-08-2012, 08:15 PM   #17
Sciz
Water Boy

Member Number: 17568

LOL good luck trading an RB coming off a torn ACL
Sciz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 08:18 PM   #18
SwannWorth88
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 18382

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjpro11 View Post
why the **** would you get rid of Keisel? because he got hurt today? he's been solid for us all season. Hampton's been solid this season too. he's obviously getting old.. but right now all we have is McLendon with Hoke retiring because of a neck injury.
You have to anticipate, mostly due to age, who is going to go downhill at a rapid rate. This organization was able to do this under Cowher, but not since. Cowher was able to get rid of Lloyd and others just before they crashed and burned.

Tomlin tends to keep guys way past their period of productivity.

We've had numerous injuries to older players this season, and losing Keisel tonight was the exclamation point on that. If we keep him, you can expect many more missed games from him next season.
SwannWorth88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 08:22 PM   #19
steeltheone
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 6351

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwannWorth88 View Post
You have to anticipate, mostly due to age, who is going to go downhill at a rapid rate. This organization was able to do this under Cowher, but not since. Cowher was able to get rid of Lloyd and others just before they crashed and burned.

Tomlin tends to keep guys way past their period of productivity.

We've had numerous injuries to older players this season, and losing Keisel tonight was the exclamation point on that. If we keep him, you can expect many more missed games from him next season.
We have not drafted replacement players as well as we had in the past. We have drafted some good ones but many bad ones!
Old 01-08-2012, 08:22 PM   #20
Curtain_of_Steel
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 11678

than cut him, i dont care. Ill take redman and draft a good guy mid rounds. 3 young gun wr's i think we are pass first anyway. Redman can handle the load
Curtain_of_Steel is offline   Reply With Quote