Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 01-08-2012, 08:30 PM   #1
mesaSteeler
A Son of Martha
Supporter

Member Number: 10438
Default Tebow shreds Steelers

Tebow shreds Steelers
http://communityvoices.sites.post-ga...hreds-steelers
Sunday, 08 January 2012 20:15
Written by Bob Smizik

[B]In a day that will live in Steelers infamy, the team's pass defense was shredded time and again by the quarterback considered just about the worst passer in the National Football League.
[/B]
The No. 1 defense in the NFL was undone by Tim Tebow in an upset of monumental and humiliating proportions.

No one expected this, certainly not the Steelers secondary which was burned time and again by long passes from Tebow -- with the longest deciding the game.

After the Steelers rallied from a sensational second quarter performance by Tebow to send the game into overtime, they lost on the first play from scrimmage.

Tebow hit Demaryius Thomas in stride near midfield. Thomas delivered a devastating stiff arm to Ike Taylor and then outran Taylor and Ryan Mundy into the end zone for the game-ending touchdown to give the Broncos a 29-23 win.

They, not the Steelers, move on to play the New England Patriots.

Tebow, almost a laughing stock around the NFL when it comes passing, completed 10 of 21 passes for a whopping 316 yards. He averaged an unheard-of 15 yards per attempt and had a passer rating of 125.6. His passer ratings in the two previous games were 37.9 and 20.6.

After a miserable first half, once throwing seven straight incompletions, Ben Roethlisberger rallied his team from 20-6 halftime deficit. For the game he completed 22 of 40 for 289 yards. He was intercepted once and had a passer rating of 75.9.

Isaac Redman was outstanding in relief of injured Rashard Mendenhall. He carried 17 times for 121 yards and certainly thrust himself into contention for the starting job.

But that will come next year. There will be no trip to New England to face the Patriots, a trip many fans -- and, perhaps, too many Steelers -- were thinking about.

There's almost no explaining the ease with which Tebow picked apart the Steelers. His previous high for passing yards this season was 236 and it required 40 throws to reach that number. Last week he threw 22 times and completed six for 60 yards against Kansas City.

The Steelers simply were not prepared for what Tebow threw at them. Understandably, they came out prepared to stop the run. The Broncos had the No. 1 rushing offense in the NFL.

But he completed passes of 51, 30 and 58 yards in the second quarter to put up 20 points and erase a 6-0 Steelers lead.

The Steelers struggled with injutird during the game, losing nose tackle Casey Hampton and defense end Brett Keisel in the first half.

But that, nor the absence of starting free safety Ryan Clark, explains the dominance of Tebow. The worst passer in the league looked like Tom Brady against the Steelers secondary.

(I said before last year's draft that we needed to draft secondary help in the first two rounds. Hands of stone Taylor isn't good enough and the oft-injured Troy, who free lances far too much, isn't a reliable starter any longer. Due to the way Troy plays he spends part of every season being injured. Of course at the time I was told by many here that our secondary would be fine. Well now we know better. Maybe we could trade up and draft secondary help this year? It won't happen of course. With Big Ben running the team Tomlin (I'm just along for the ride) will probably draft another tall wide receiver with the first pick and with our second pick will be another line backer. - mesa)

It was a monstrously disappointing end to the season for a team that went to the Super Bowl last year and hoped to return this season.

mesaSteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 08:37 PM   #2
jtbsteeler
Starter

Member Number: 18760
Default Re: Tebow shreds Steelers

I hope Ike Taylor is crying somewhere and contemplating retirement. Him and Dick Lebeau. THey got outcoached too.
jtbsteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 08:43 PM   #3
tanda10506
Team President

Member Number: 17319

You can't blame it on LeBeau, he had it called right the whole time, our guys just simply didn't cover. Gay tried hard, I admire him for his play today, but he still gave up a few. Ike Taylor is borderline in need for a federal investigation, and should be considered a Nickle back to Keenan Lewis or whoever else we can get. I know Ike has been great all season, but if you lose a playoff game for the team while playing CB, you need to sit. If we would have even had 2 William Gay's at CB we win that game. All year we have made new QB's look good, they may only get 150 yards, but it's at the end to win the game or put the game in danger, it's no surprise it happened today, especially with all the injuries. Don't panic, we are in the transformation to a pass stopping defense, I honestly think Ike may have been throwing the game, and the refs TOTALLY screwed us all damn game long, we need one or two more players and a new OC and this team will be unstoppable. Have faith, we went 12-4 inspite of all these things.
tanda10506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 08:55 PM   #4
FightFan27
Water Boy

Member Number: 19120

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanda10506 View Post
You can't blame it on LeBeau, he had it called right the whole time, our guys just simply didn't cover. Gay tried hard, I admire him for his play today, but he still gave up a few. Ike Taylor is borderline in need for a federal investigation, and should be considered a Nickle back to Keenan Lewis or whoever else we can get. I know Ike has been great all season, but if you lose a playoff game for the team while playing CB, you need to sit. If we would have even had 2 William Gay's at CB we win that game. All year we have made new QB's look good, they may only get 150 yards, but it's at the end to win the game or put the game in danger, it's no surprise it happened today, especially with all the injuries. Don't panic, we are in the transformation to a pass stopping defense, I honestly think Ike may have been throwing the game, and the refs TOTALLY screwed us all damn game long, we need one or two more players and a new OC and this team will be unstoppable. Have faith, we went 12-4 inspite of all these things.

You're kidding right . They need a new OC , DC and a NEW HEAD COACH .
FightFan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 08:56 PM   #5
mesaSteeler
A Son of Martha
Supporter

Member Number: 10438

We need a new head coach if Tomlin doesn't or won't replace the Airhead.
mesaSteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 09:00 PM   #6
Mario_34
Water Boy

Member Number: 19121

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtbsteeler View Post
I hope Ike Taylor is crying somewhere and contemplating retirement. Him and Dick Lebeau. THey got outcoached too.
He probably wont give a **** because he knows the retarded stelers staff will not release him and pay his ass more.
Mario_34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 09:02 PM   #7
defence
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 19128

Quote:
No who do we blame?? Lebau called a crap game!! Ike is overrated and always has been!! Look at our opponents that we became the supposed number 1 d against!! I dont look at stats; this d consistently could not get off the field all season long; no pass rush and could not get turnovers!! Who's fault is that?? We lost to a college qb who should be an nfl tight end!!
defence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 09:08 PM   #8
tanda10506
Team President

Member Number: 17319

Quote:
Originally Posted by FightFan27 View Post
You're kidding right . They need a new OC , DC and a NEW HEAD COACH .
No I'm not kidding, they need an O coordinator and another O lineman. The offense has to carry some of the weight, Le Beau showed he could adapt and shut down Brady, our guys on the field straight up got beat today, you can't blame that on LeBeau. I agree that if Tomlin won't change Arians we might look elsewhere for a new coach, but Tomlin isn't the one holding us back. The writing has been on the wall since the 2nd game against Baltimore this season, we were to injured and to held back by our OC, we were a play away from playing a team we already beat this year to go to the AFC championship. I'm normally pessimistic as hell, and I will probably change my mind in the morning lol, but we don't need much to be great!
tanda10506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 09:39 PM   #9
FightFan27
Water Boy

Member Number: 19120

Quote:
No I'm not kidding, they need an O coordinator and another O lineman. The offense has to carry some of the weight, Le Beau showed he could adapt and shut down Brady, our guys on the field straight up got beat today, you can't blame that on LeBeau. I agree that if Tomlin won't change Arians we might look elsewhere for a new coach, but Tomlin isn't the one holding us back. The writing has been on the wall since the 2nd game against Baltimore this season, we were to injured and to held back by our OC, we were a play away from playing a team we already beat this year to go to the AFC championship. I'm normally pessimistic as hell, and I will probably change my mind in the morning lol, but we don't need much to be great!
no pressure on Teabow and Baltimore's 92 yard drive with less than 2 minutes left in the game that isn't on the OC .They made rookie QB's look good all years . Thats all on the DC

With that being said I agree Ariens has got to go to.
FightFan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 09:42 PM   #10
Water Boy

Member Number: 20543

What do Ike Taylor and last year's Christmas tree have in common?

They both get burned easily!
3799 is offline   Reply With Quote