Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 01-08-2012, 10:47 PM   #1
LayingTheWoodley56
Starter

Member Number: 19023
Default Idiots on this board

So many of you people who post here have such a lack of loyalty to this team, its unbelievable. I just read a post on another thread, and I won't name names, saying that Ike should have sat on the bench next to Hines sulking, and another saying that its not like Ike gives a crap about this.

You guys are complete morons! Yeah, like Hines was sulking. He was just sitting on the motherf--king bench, watching the game the few times that they showed him. I'm sure that Ike Taylor, the cornerback who has a Super Bowl interception under his belt and who just had his best season, doesn't give two sh-ts about his poor performance tonight. I can't stand to sit here and here people killing Tomlin for being outcoached, saying we should fire Dick Lebeau, only the head of the consistently best defense in the NFL. We lost mostly because our injuries, particularly to our f--king QUARTERBACK and two-thirds of our defensive line, and our starting tailback, and our Pro Bowl center.

We did not play well tonight, though the second quarter was really the lone detriment to our overall game. We actually played an awesome second half to tie the game and have a chance to win. Ike should have made that tackle at the end, yes. He didn't. IT HAPPENS. So many people here define the term "fairweather." Yes, we could've won, and we actually should've. We didn't. It happens. Doesn't mean we have to blow up the team, and we won't. The idiocy on this board, and the fickleness, both baffles and bugs me. Forget all you guys, I'm proud of my guys no matter what and I can't wait for next season.
LayingTheWoodley56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 10:53 PM   #2
OX1947
Living Legend

Member Number: 723
Thanked 1,265 Times in 639 Posts
Default Re: Idiots on this board

The NFL product has become so bad that you have option QBs throwing for 300 yards a game. The offense has no fear of getting hurt and can not be intimated because the defense will get penalized for tough tackles. Mix that with injuries, bad coaching decisions and stubborn people, this was the result.
OX1947 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 10:53 PM   #3
TRH
Living Legend

Member Number: 17206

i think for most, if we would have come out looking like we wanted to be there, with some passion and fight....and then lost....it wouldnt' be so hard to take (though any playoff loss around here is difficult).

The problem was getting beat and our team looking like they were deer-in-headlights out there, like they didn't care. You can't tell me that we, particularly our defense, looked like the Ravens do when they go out there. I'm in no way a Raven's fan, but they look like they want it out there. We don't at this point. And it showed. BIG.....TIME.
I think thats one reason people are SO angry this time. It also was far from Tomlin's best coached game. Bet he wished he could have this one back (the coaching and preparation part).
TRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 10:55 PM   #4
TRH
Living Legend

Member Number: 17206

Quote:
Originally Posted by OX1947 View Post
The NFL product has become so bad that you have option QBs throwing for 300 yards a game. The offense has no fear of getting hurt and can not be intimated because the defense will get penalized for tough tackles. Mix that with injuries, bad coaching decisions and stubborn people, this was the result.

True. Thats another reason. Cant hit the QB high. Can't hit him low. Can't hit him hard. And don't even think about any of the above if your name is Brady, Rogers, Brees. I'd add Tebow in there now too, but i wouldn't know....as our guys were so lame today they couldn't even touch him, even with numerous chances.
TRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 10:55 PM   #5
PhantomJB93
Team President

Member Number: 13907
Thanked 1,113 Times in 533 Posts
My Mood: Drunk

Usually, I overreact like this, but for some reason I'm very calm today (probably because I never viewed the Broncos or Tebow as a "crap" team and was expecting it to be close). I've never seen people overreact like this, not even when we lost the Super Bowl last year.
PhantomJB93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 04:09 AM   #6
Gingerchip
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 20462
My Mood: Fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by LayingTheWoodley56 View Post
So many of you people who post here have such a lack of loyalty to this team, its unbelievable. I just read a post on another thread, and I won't name names, saying that Ike should have sat on the bench next to Hines sulking, and another saying that its not like Ike gives a crap about this.

You guys are complete morons! Yeah, like Hines was sulking. He was just sitting on the motherf--king bench, watching the game the few times that they showed him. I'm sure that Ike Taylor, the cornerback who has a Super Bowl interception under his belt and who just had his best season, doesn't give two sh-ts about his poor performance tonight. I can't stand to sit here and here people killing Tomlin for being outcoached, saying we should fire Dick Lebeau, only the head of the consistently best defense in the NFL. We lost mostly because our injuries, particularly to our f--king QUARTERBACK and two-thirds of our defensive line, and our starting tailback, and our Pro Bowl center.

We did not play well tonight, though the second quarter was really the lone detriment to our overall game. We actually played an awesome second half to tie the game and have a chance to win. Ike should have made that tackle at the end, yes. He didn't. IT HAPPENS. So many people here define the term "fairweather." Yes, we could've won, and we actually should've. We didn't. It happens. Doesn't mean we have to blow up the team, and we won't. The idiocy on this board, and the fickleness, both baffles and bugs me. Forget all you guys, I'm proud of my guys no matter what and I can't wait for next season.

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! I am so glad you posted this. You are so right! I was on Facebook awhile ago and couldn't believe what some of the fans were posting on some of the Steeler's pages. Telling them they should be ashamed of themselves, etc. I almost couldn't believe it! I say almost since this is what our culture does best. Worships heros and throws out "loosers". Geesh! People have BAD days, they have BAD games. People were worshiping Tomlin after the superbowl when we played the Cardinals. Now they are calling for his head. We have a future hall-of-famer in Hines Ward and even though he was "demoted" in what I've heard and read a most demeaning way, he still mentored our young receivers. Our defense has been consistently ranked in the top 3, yet some yell "get rid of LeBeau". We all make mistakes. No one is perfect nor will they ever be. As I posted a reponse on facebook to a fan that was telling Lamarr Woodley that the defense should hide in shame: True Steeler Fans hold their heads up with pride, class and dignity, cry a few tears after a playoff loss, thank their team for a great season, then move on and look forward to waving the towel in 2012.
Gingerchip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 05:42 AM   #7
IowaSteeler927
The Corn Shucking Hippie
Supporter

Member Number: 15801
Thanked 3,736 Times in 1,691 Posts
My Mood: Tired

Quote:

Amen. Ike Taylor does care, in fact he tweeted an apology to Steeler Nation for his poor performance. He obviously blames himself for the way he played when the blame should be on the team overall and not just on one player. Ike was forced to try and cover a receiver that was a number one draft pick one on one for the entirety of the game. Did you all know that Demaryius Thomas was drafted ahead of Tebow? Do you all know that Chan Gailey coached Demaryius Thomas as well as Calvin Johnson in College and that he stated that he feels that Demaryius Thomas had better natural ability and talent than even Calvin Johnson? It's unrealistic to believe anyone could of covered Thomas with the time Tebow was being afforded to stand in the pocket and survey the field.

We had no pash rush whatsoever. Harrison gets double teamed and chipped constantly, Woodley was obviously hobbled, and Timmons is only really at his best when Woodley and Harrison are at full health. We ultimately had three second string players playing on the D-Line tonight. Given they have had playing time but usually only when the starters need a breather. Hood is the guy that really needed to step up as he's had the most playing time and been in the system long enough now and he really didn't do a whole lot to inspire confidence.

Fact of the matter is people need to quit crying and placing blame on anything and everything. We lost, it sucks, it really sucks... but we've got an offseason to get healthy and we'll get em next season. Seems to me that there are quite a few "fans" within our fanbase that have been spoiled by the Super Bowl success we've had the past decade. Now a 12-4 team making the playoffs isn't good enough. It's apparently Super Bowl or bust for those people. That's an unrealistic view to say the least and the whiners and complainers need to shut up and stop embarassing themselves and the rest of us.
IowaSteeler927 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 05:45 AM   #8
DanRooney
Banned

Member Number: 16248

Woodley is overrated in terms of getting to the quarterback. He needs to be more consistent to become a top LBer in the league. He's way too streaky. It would help if he learned how to do something other than the bullrush when he rushes.

I think he's biggest perk is having an uncanny ability to be at the right place at the right time to recover fumbles. I'm not exactly sure if that's a skill or just pure luck.
DanRooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 05:47 AM   #9
MzunguT
Water Boy

Member Number: 18537

Quote:

Thanx man. I would actually say the internet is not making these things better. Everybody can say stupid thing in public now that used to be yelled at your wife or husband only in the past.. People acting like that is not why I became a follower of this franchise.

As far as the game goes, I'd say yea, the intensity was missing, at least in the first half, as was for most of the season. It certainly was a strange year, with the D giving up little points most games, but giving the O a long field at the same time often. Certain things to be adressed here, but no reason to kill anybody. It is a game. (And I am saying that after watching a play off game up to 2.15 am here in Germany and not getting any sleep before 6 am because of being so upset, so I AM taking it seriously..)

Go Steelers!
Old 01-09-2012, 06:04 AM   #10
EbonySteel86
Team Captain

Member Number: 20340

We have been struggling with mediocre teams all year cause Ariens doesn't like to game plan accordingly. SB caliber teams do not lose to Tim Tebow in a playoff game. We are better then that. We have the talent, just thee wrong guy calling plays.
EbonySteel86 is offline   Reply With Quote