Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 01-09-2012, 05:34 AM   #11
plenewken
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 3447
Default Re: Idiots on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by OX1947 View Post
The NFL product has become so bad that you have option QBs throwing for 300 yards a game. The offense has no fear of getting hurt and can not be intimated because the defense will get penalized for tough tackles. Mix that with injuries, bad coaching decisions and stubborn people, this was the result.
Bottom line is this League is now about QBs throwing 40 or 50 times with a high % of completion. Something Ben can't do. That's not his style. He never was a Brady, Manning, Brees or Rodgers and will never be.
I know, it takes a QB and a receiver to make a catch but accuracy is the first factor and Ben isn't accurate enough. Tt's short, or long, or high, or low.
Look at his rating last night and compare that to Tebow.

Our defense was particularly porous last night but let's not forget how poorly the offense played during the first half. 6 pts in 6 possessions. You're not playoff caliber if it's all you can score.

Oh and what about the last drive? 3 sacks and an incomplete pass, when we just had to move the ball 10 or 15 more yds to be in FG position. Atrocious.

The blame goes on the offense and the defense, but I'll continue to bitch at our lack of production in offense more than at our defense. The D is on the field way too long because the offense sputters way too often.

You will not see the Steelers put 35pts or more on the board like the top teams do, as long as they're coached the way they are.
plenewken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 06:41 AM   #12
Whodis
Team Captain

Member Number: 6483

Quote:
Originally Posted by LayingTheWoodley56 View Post
So many of you people who post here have such a lack of loyalty to this team, its unbelievable. I just read a post on another thread, and I won't name names, saying that Ike should have sat on the bench next to Hines sulking, and another saying that its not like Ike gives a crap about this.

You guys are complete morons! Yeah, like Hines was sulking. He was just sitting on the motherf--king bench, watching the game the few times that they showed him. I'm sure that Ike Taylor, the cornerback who has a Super Bowl interception under his belt and who just had his best season, doesn't give two sh-ts about his poor performance tonight. I can't stand to sit here and here people killing Tomlin for being outcoached, saying we should fire Dick Lebeau, only the head of the consistently best defense in the NFL. We lost mostly because our injuries, particularly to our f--king QUARTERBACK and two-thirds of our defensive line, and our starting tailback, and our Pro Bowl center.

We did not play well tonight, though the second quarter was really the lone detriment to our overall game. We actually played an awesome second half to tie the game and have a chance to win. Ike should have made that tackle at the end, yes. He didn't. IT HAPPENS. So many people here define the term "fairweather." Yes, we could've won, and we actually should've. We didn't. It happens. Doesn't mean we have to blow up the team, and we won't. The idiocy on this board, and the fickleness, both baffles and bugs me. Forget all you guys, I'm proud of my guys no matter what and I can't wait for next season.
Why don't you put a cheerleader jersey on and stay off the fu(k1ng board? I may not agree with the firing of Lebeau, but the vanilla defense isn't working. 3rd and 12 we went into a prevent that changed the tempo of the game. I can't happen!

Have you seen enough screen passes? I mean holy shit! This game should have been a blowout when we fumbled that screen pass that all the "fair weather" fans saw coming.

We got rid of John Kuhn (you know the John Kuhn in the pro bowl) and replaced him with possible the laziest looking TE Johnson. This offense is average year after year with or without injuries. Is Ben a top 5 qb? I say yes (i guess i'm a homer),.

I'm sick and tired of the same old shit on offense and when the defense has a bad game we pile on.
Old 01-09-2012, 07:09 AM   #13
Steeldude
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by LayingTheWoodley56 View Post
So many of you people who post here have such a lack of loyalty to this team, its unbelievable. I just read a post on another thread, and I won't name names, saying that Ike should have sat on the bench next to Hines sulking, and another saying that its not like Ike gives a crap about this.

You guys are complete morons! Yeah, like Hines was sulking. He was just sitting on the motherf--king bench, watching the game the few times that they showed him. I'm sure that Ike Taylor, the cornerback who has a Super Bowl interception under his belt and who just had his best season, doesn't give two sh-ts about his poor performance tonight. I can't stand to sit here and here people killing Tomlin for being outcoached, saying we should fire Dick Lebeau, only the head of the consistently best defense in the NFL. We lost mostly because our injuries, particularly to our f--king QUARTERBACK and two-thirds of our defensive line, and our starting tailback, and our Pro Bowl center.

We did not play well tonight, though the second quarter was really the lone detriment to our overall game. We actually played an awesome second half to tie the game and have a chance to win. Ike should have made that tackle at the end, yes. He didn't. IT HAPPENS. So many people here define the term "fairweather." Yes, we could've won, and we actually should've. We didn't. It happens. Doesn't mean we have to blow up the team, and we won't. The idiocy on this board, and the fickleness, both baffles and bugs me. Forget all you guys, I'm proud of my guys no matter what and I can't wait for next season.
so people are idiots for expressing their opinions? you rah-rah fans get so bent out of shape over people's opinions unless they agree with your own.

Quote:
I'm proud of my guys no matter what
i am glad you are not the coach or FO
Old 01-09-2012, 07:28 AM   #14
Jeeptj12
Water Boy

Member Number: 20563

I don't think any fan is an idiot. That is harsh. It is hard for us to accept reality, but this team is done.

-It's time to reshape and rebuild. We rode this team for a long time and we've won two super bowls with them. That is very successful and something to be proud of. However, that team is too old and too predictable.
-The NFL is evolving or stepping back I don't know which one. Speed and options, misdirection, etc are becoming a big part of this game. The status quo is no longer a reality.
-I don't think Arians predictable, lack luster offensive schemes work in this league anymore.
-LeBeau's defense doesn't work in this type of atmosphere. We saw that last night. That is hard for me to accept. Who wants to get rid of LeBeau??? Not me, but I think it must happen.

I knew we would lose last night. We struggle with quick slants and option/tricky quarterbacks with speed. We are old. We were banged up. We have a predictable offense which is why they struggle converting touchdowns.

-I think we need to give Dixon some looks on offense and work him into a scheme type offense partnered with Big Ben going forward. Big Ben needs to humble himself.
-Our defensive line needs to be reworked. They don't get enough push off the line which hurt blitz's.
-Our offensive line definitely needs help.
-Our Linebackers need reworked. 17th in sacks
-We were terrible at generating turnovers which is important with Arians boring offensive scheme. Ranked #24 with INT and #27 FF. None of which we scored TD's on. We were #17 in sacks. That is sad.
Jeeptj12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 07:28 AM   #15
TRH
Living Legend

Member Number: 17206

also...were all fans of the team.
But there comes a point when you have to stop the rah-rah stuff and call a spade a spade. The team was shocked last night not only because of numerous injuries, but for SERIOUS lack-of-will and poor play. They looked like they didn't even care to be on the field last night. Heath Miller and Redman were the only 2 that really showed up.
TRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 07:33 AM   #16
Bayz101
Renegade
Supporter

Member Number: 18856
Thanked 3,646 Times in 1,637 Posts
My Mood: Tired

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanRooney View Post
Woodley is overrated in terms of getting to the quarterback. He needs to be more consistent to become a top LBer in the league. He's way too streaky. It would help if he learned how to do something other than the bullrush when he rushes.

I think he's biggest perk is having an uncanny ability to be at the right place at the right time to recover fumbles. I'm not exactly sure if that's a skill or just pure luck.
Your an idiot, just wanted to get that off my shoulders. You think you know what your talking about, but you really don't, and you never really have. Woodley's fighting a hammy injury, and he's already said it'll be a while before he's back at 100%. Before the hammy, he racked up 9.0 sacks and a hell of a lot of tackles.

"Either you're playing dumb, or it's not an act". -Judge Judy

No need to drive me crazy. I can walk from here.
Bayz101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 07:36 AM   #17
Bayz101
Renegade
Supporter

My thread pretty much sums up how i'm feeling right now, and I think all TRUE Steelers fan's should feel the same: http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=83073

Old 01-09-2012, 07:39 AM   #18
Bayz101
Renegade
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanRooney View Post
Woodley is overrated in terms of getting to the quarterback. He needs to be more consistent to become a top LBer in the league. He's way too streaky. It would help if he learned how to do something other than the bullrush when he rushes.

I think he's biggest perk is having an uncanny ability to be at the right place at the right time to recover fumbles. I'm not exactly sure if that's a skill or just pure luck.
I saw the defensive line get to Tebow, but when they we're getting their, the Linebackers we're in coverage! Harrison was having trouble getting their. A LOT of trouble. Is he inconsistent to? Or we're we just outplayed? You got to give credit to that Denver team.

Old 01-09-2012, 07:45 AM   #19
SteeleReign
Team President

Member Number: 13943

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRH View Post
also...were all fans of the team.
But there comes a point when you have to stop the rah-rah stuff and call a spade a spade. The team was shocked last night not only because of numerous injuries, but for SERIOUS lack-of-will and poor play. They looked like they didn't even care to be on the field last night. Heath Miller and Redman were the only 2 that really showed up.
Why is this said after every one of our losses? The Steelers need to get a coach or player with some serious in-your-face passion on the sideline. I've said this before - the Steelers are becoming a reflection of Tomlin...boring & predictable.

Not suggesting that Tomlin needs to go, but get someone (an aissistant) in here that will dish out a little spit & passion!!
SteeleReign is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 07:51 AM   #20
Bayz101
Renegade
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteeleReign View Post
Why is this said after every one of our losses? The Steelers need to get a coach or player with some serious in-your-face passion on the sideline. I've said this before - the Steelers are becoming a reflection of Tomlin...boring & predictable.

Not suggesting that Tomlin needs to go, but get someone (an aissistant) in here that will dish out a little spit & passion!!
Because some of us don't go on a temper tantrum when are team doesn't do well. We're lucky to have made it to the playoffs considering starters players on both sides of the ball have been injured since day one! We should be happy this team got into round one. As for players have put their hearts into yesterdays games, I think you'd better add Ben's name to that list, he really was magical in yesterday's game, and if we would have one the cointoss, we wouldn't be mad at all right now.