Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 01-09-2012, 07:55 AM   #21
Steeldude
Living Legend

Default Re: Idiots on this board

Quote:
and if we would have one the cointoss, we wouldn't be mad at all right now.
how so?
Old 01-09-2012, 07:57 AM   #22
Steeldude
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanRooney View Post
Woodley is overrated in terms of getting to the quarterback. He needs to be more consistent to become a top LBer in the league. He's way too streaky. It would help if he learned how to do something other than the bullrush when he rushes.

I think he's biggest perk is having an uncanny ability to be at the right place at the right time to recover fumbles. I'm not exactly sure if that's a skill or just pure luck.
but he is cheap. he only costs $11,000,000 for 2012
Old 01-09-2012, 07:58 AM   #23
defence
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 19128

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteeleReign View Post
Why is this said after every one of our losses? The Steelers need to get a coach or player with some serious in-your-face passion on the sideline. I've said this before - the Steelers are becoming a reflection of Tomlin...boring & predictable.

Not suggesting that Tomlin needs to go, but get someone (an aissistant) in here that will dish out a little spit & passion!!
Exactly!!! Obviously fo cant fire a guy like tomlin with all of his success he's had(with cowhers players) but after this; change is a must!! Look back at the season and replay the indy and kc game!! I knew then we were not a team being coached properly on both sides of the ball!! A couple of intense coordinators would be a nice start!!
defence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 08:03 AM   #24
SteeleReign
Team President

Member Number: 13943

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayz101 View Post
Because some of us don't go on a temper tantrum when are team doesn't do well. We're lucky to have made it to the playoffs considering starters players on both sides of the ball have been injured since day one! We should be happy this team got into round one. As for players have put their hearts into yesterdays games, I think you'd better add Ben's name to that list, he really was magical in yesterday's game, and if we would have one the cointoss, we wouldn't be mad at all right now.
I don't understand your post, or how it applies to mine, but....anyway....Ben is an example of how all the players should play...with guts, desire, and never-say-die effort.

I AM happy we got to the playoffs, but losing to the Tebow-led Broncos in the first round doesn't sit well. Just like Tomlin said - "we're not into moral victories." So, you'll have to forgive me if I'm not seeing rainbows and unicorns after that loss.
SteeleReign is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 08:33 AM   #25
4xSBChamps
Head Coach

Member Number: 1911

Quote:
Originally Posted by OX1947 View Post
The NFL product has become so bad that you have option QBs throwing for 300 yards a game. The offense has no fear of getting hurt and can not be intimated because the defense will get penalized for tough tackles.
correct, Ms. Goodell is selling a product that I don't recognize anymore, although it's still called 'football'

I watched (maybe) 6-8 games this season, and it appears the idiot-announcers are catering to the fantasy-crowd

officials rarely blow their whistle at the conclussion of plays, so players don't know if the ball is live or dead

too-many commercials (before and AFTER each kick-off?), too-much celebrating and spking the ball (anybody recall 'delay-of-game'?) after a simple first-down reception, too-many toppings and not-enough beef
Old 01-09-2012, 08:41 AM   #26
Curtain_of_Steel
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 11678
My Mood: Amazed

So people are not fans if they speak out against their team? That would be like owning a stock in a public company, and you wont speak out against the CEO.

So all should be rosey when we are 0-16? Hey we tried right? lol

No, as Tomlin said,m its the STANDARD.... So was yesterday the STANDARD?

Sorry, I'm as loyal as they come, but im not a pansy a$$ who wont speak his mind.

10 framed jerseys, 20 full size signed helmets, my kid has 24 minis.
Curtain_of_Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 08:43 AM   #27
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie

Member Number: 16666
Thanked 2,399 Times in 1,123 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4xSBChamps View Post
correct, Ms. Goodell is selling a product that I don't recognize anymore, although it's still called 'football'

I watched (maybe) 6-8 games this season, and it appears the idiot-announcers are catering to the fantasy-crowd

officials rarely blow their whistle at the conclussion of plays, so players don't know if the ball is live or dead

too-many commercials (before and AFTER each kick-off?), too-much celebrating and spking the ball (anybody recall 'delay-of-game'?) after a simple first-down reception, too-many toppings and not-enough beef

Agree with you though. I used to love watching all the games I could, but I'm watching fewer and fewer every year.

http://forums.steelersfever.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=16666&dateline=129531  3365
SteelCityMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 08:48 AM   #28
IowaSteeler927
Super Moderator
Supporter

Member Number: 15801
Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,165 Posts
My Mood: Brooding

I really don't understand the Woodley hate going on here. Absolute BS. Woodley has a HAMSTRING injury. The doctors told him even after the NE game that it wasn't going to be fully healed this season. That's a tough injury to play on. Prior to that injury he had something like 9-10 sacks. I'd say that's pretty damned good.

Our team went 12-4 and lost it's only games to teams that are strangely all still in the playoffs. If we didn't have the injuries and if the Brownies hadn't destroyed Ben's ankle we would've taken the Broncos out back behind the woodshed. It is disgusting quite frankly that there are fools on here calling out for Tomlin or Lebeau to get fired, or for Steelers greats to get cut off the team. You so called fans can have your opinions, and I can have mine, and my opinion is that your opinions to fire the coaches are idiotic at best.

I can agree there needs to be adjustments and changes to make this team better but firing a Hall of Fame DC, and the youngest coach to win a Super Bowl would be a huge mistake at this point. I don't understand why so many people are so extremely worked up over this loss. Do you honestly think we would've beaten the Patriots in Foxborough with the injuries we have? I wanted to see the Steelers win like everyone else but with the litany of injuries we have I knew our chances were slim to none against the elite competition.

We can and should be proud of this team after it's performance last night. They came back from being down 20-6 and held the Broncos to 3 points for the entirety of the second half while we had Cam Heyward, and McClendon having to come in and play in place of Brett Keisel and Casey Hampton. On top of that we had a dinged up Woodley on the field, and no Ryan Clark. I think Ryan Clark would've put himself in better positions than Mundy to make plays on the ball. His loss hurt more than people give him credit for.

The offense is a whole nother story. You have Roethlisberger playing on a bum ankle and our whole offense is predicated on Ben being able to run around and extend plays. He's been forced to be a straight up pocket passer and that's just not his strength. We were missing Mendenhall which I do think hurt the running game. He's a little faster than Redman and more elusive so I could of seen him picking up more yards on some of those long runs than Redman did. Then you have to factor in we had Legursky starting on the offensive line. Pouncey is the anchor of our O-Line and is an absolute beast of a center. When you lose that kind of pure talent and athletic ability it changes what you can do offensively.

This whining, crying, moaning, excuse making, and headhunting garbage needs to stop.
IowaSteeler927 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 08:48 AM   #29
SteeleReign
Team President

Member Number: 13943

Quote:
Originally Posted by defence View Post
Exactly!!! Obviously fo cant fire a guy like tomlin with all of his success he's had(with cowhers players) but after this; change is a must!! Look back at the season and replay the indy and kc game!! I knew then we were not a team being coached properly on both sides of the ball!! A couple of intense coordinators would be a nice start!!
I hear you. I think, as a head coach, you give your assistants a chance to evolve. Arians has been given that chance & has faild - imho. LeBeau - I think he deserves more time.
SteeleReign is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 08:51 AM   #30
plenewken
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 3447

Quote:
Originally Posted by IowaSteeler927 View Post

I can agree there needs to be adjustments and changes to make this team better but firing a Hall of Fame DC, and the youngest coach to win a Super Bowl would be a huge mistake at this point.
Maybe we should hire Paterno then?
plenewken is offline   Reply With Quote