Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Browns Bills
September 7, 2014, 1:00pmET

CBS

Old 01-09-2012, 04:53 PM   #11
Bill Cowher's Jaw
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 18472
Default Re: Reason why we lost.......

Tebow set an all-time single-game playoff record by averaging 15.04 yards per pass attempt. The previous record was 14.71 by Terry Bradshaw in Super Bowl 14. That should put into perspective how bad the defense was yesterday.
Bill Cowher's Jaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 06:26 PM   #12
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 6,335 Times in 2,901 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoneBlitzer View Post
Reason we lost? God and...

Tebow 31 yards per pass completion attempt and Thomas' 51 yard avg per reception.

Those are sick, video game type numbers.
This is the number that also is a sign:

Net passing yards for Tebow - 316

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

John (wait for it) 3:16
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 06:35 PM   #13
tanda10506
Team President

Member Number: 17319

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Huh, that is pretty strange. I knew John 3:16 of course, but I didn't know that's what Tebow had. We lost for many reasons but the #1 and most obvious was Ike Taylor and Mundy, not just on the last play but all game. Gay wasn't terrible, the passes he was defending were just really good. Ike was 5 to 6 yards away from his guy all time. Anyway, I just wish we could have been healthy this season. We go into Gillette completely healthy and playing like we have a heart and we finally get a win up there in the playoffs, but with as injured as were were we would have got our asses handed to us up there. In a way I'm happier with a loss to Denver then NE if that makes sense. This was the year we could have beat the Pats in the playoffs, we played them very well without Harrison the first time around, I guess we will never know.
tanda10506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 06:42 PM   #14
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanda10506 View Post
Huh, that is pretty strange. I knew John 3:16 of course, but I didn't know that's what Tebow had. We lost for many reasons but the #1 and most obvious was Ike Taylor and Mundy, not just on the last play but all game. Gay wasn't terrible, the passes he was defending were just really good. Ike was 5 to 6 yards away from his guy all time. Anyway, I just wish we could have been healthy this season. We go into Gillette completely healthy and playing like we have a heart and we finally get a win up there in the playoffs, but with as injured as were were we would have got our asses handed to us up there. In a way I'm happier with a loss to Denver then NE if that makes sense. This was the year we could have beat the Pats in the playoffs, we played them very well without Harrison the first time around, I guess we will never know.
With Hampton & Keisel both candidates for surgery and Woodley still hamstrung Saturday night at New England would have been brutal

I agree that the Denver loss is a better end given where this team is at physically and am actually relieved the season ended with a close game where they at least came back, after they could have cratered down 20 - 6, as opposed to what would have been a beat down next week like the 2007 trip to Gillette
Old 01-09-2012, 06:44 PM   #15
StainlessStill
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 12999
Thanked 1,249 Times in 523 Posts

Quote:

Didn't he throw for an average of 31.6 per pass play as well? Coincidence at its best.
Old 01-09-2012, 08:16 PM   #16
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessStill View Post
Didn't he throw for an average of 31.6 per pass play as well? Coincidence at its best.
Coincidence? Perhaps not

Old 01-09-2012, 08:18 PM   #17
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 7,036 Times in 3,056 Posts

Quote:

the game last night set a wildcard record in ratings, drawing a 28 sumthin. know what it drew in the 4th quarter and OT?

31.6 (no joke)

anyways i thought id post this here from another thread, because i think its even more relevant to this one-

nobody should be suprised tebow aired it out and did relatively well (being held to his own standard set in history). john elway took the kid gloves off and told him to just pull the trigger and not worry about losing the game or his job. john elway pretty much knew it was the only way his team could win. that was all tebow needed to hear, to finally give him a much needed shot of confidence and to go out and play his game w/o over thinking. elway gambled and it paid off.

he has played against lebeau defenses before (hell, he looked so drunk and old after the game, i woulda said he played AGAINST lebeau). the broncos had absolutely nothing to lose and they played like it.

lebeau on the other hand, gambled that since tebow was barely able to hit the broadside of a barn from 20 yds away during the regular season, there was no way he was gonna drop 5 balls 30 yards deep right into the basket. he sold out to stop the run (it worked) but as far as not getting beat deep, he dared tebow to throw it counting on him to eventually make a rookie mistake (hell the dude has had like 12 TO's in the final 3 games). lebeau gambled and got bit.

its that simple to me.
Old 01-09-2012, 08:25 PM   #18
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
the game last night set a wildcard record in ratings, drawing a 28 sumthin. know what it drew in the 4th quarter and OT?

31.6 (no joke) [/I]
The signs are everywhere!

As it turns out, the lone interception thrown in the game on Sunday night came from Ben Roethlisberger. What down and distance were involved when he threw it? Third and 16.

http://eye-on-football.blogs.cbsspor...75988/34284646

James Brown, Dan Marino, Bill Cowher (!), Shannon Sharpe and Boomer Esiason took an elbow during the CBS postgame show

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/shutdo...172145772.html
Old 01-09-2012, 08:34 PM   #19
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 7,036 Times in 3,056 Posts

Quote:
The signs are everywhere!

As it turns out, the lone interception thrown in the game on Sunday night came from Ben Roethlisberger. What down and distance were involved when he threw it? Third and 16.

when tebow scored his lone running TD on the QB draw, i noticed this guy in the stands in the endzone seating-

his father perhaps?
Old 01-09-2012, 08:39 PM   #20
#1LambertFan
Starter

Member Number: 5489

Wow. Can I get another 10 doom and gloom posts on one thread. You guys sound worse than 07 Lions fans.
#1LambertFan is offline   Reply With Quote