Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Old 01-09-2012, 06:31 PM   #11
ricardisimo
Administrator

Member Number: 15369
Default Re: I love D. Lebeau....

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKAnthem View Post
c'mon dude he looked Lost against Denver....Tebow was killing us and he made not 1 adjustment to stop him, it was like he was a step behind all game...No help for Ike over the Top...no spy on Tebow...Blitz ineffective....it's like you take away the blitz and Lebeau has nothing it seems...he needs to find a way to work around that and adapt, the fact that he has such good players on defense kind of demands it...I'm not saying fire him...never that...but he has to recognize that the rest of the NFL has caught up and in some cases passed him by...and adjust to that
His starting corner has arguably the worst game of his career. How does one game-plan for that? And given that Bryant McFadden sucks, Cortez Allen was injured, Curtis Brown is on injured reserve, and Anthony Madison was just signed three minutes before game time, I'm not entirely sure what sort of halftime adjustments he was supposed to make.

He stacked the box and forced Tebow to beat him through the air instead of running. This was not only exactly what Lebeau was supposed to do, but I will wager $100 right now that New England does the exact same thing next week and wins handily doing it (unless god intervenes yet again, which I highly doubt.)

As far as our D not being clutch, you're all on drugs. They pitched two shutouts this year, and they kept the other teams to 14 points per game. A team with Ben Roethlisberger, Rashard Mendenhall, Mike Wallace, Maurkice Pouncey, Antonio Brown, Heath Miller, et al., should be able to score 15 points per game, every single game.

Yeah, teams losing to us in the last 2 minutes are going to go all out and do some crazy shit, and sometimes they will succeed. In 12 of those games our defense was clutch. In three of them we just got blown out of the water when our offense couldn't score almost at all. In one single, solitary game this season our defense shat the bed and we lost a game we should have won, the second Rats game. Cry me a ****ing river.

Once again, you people are drama queens, overreacting to a tough loss. We don't get to go to the Super Bowl every year. It's hard to take, but it's true. Fortunately, we do get to go to the playoffs every year thanks in large part to the guy you want to fire. In the meantime, you are giving our visiting Rat fans loads of giggle-inducing reading material. I'm sure they're laughing their asses off about how we're "eating our own" right now.
Old 01-09-2012, 08:04 PM   #12
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 11,099 Times in 4,593 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKAnthem View Post
...But the world has caught up to his defense...If he doesn't or can't adapt it may be time for him to move on and retire...No spy on Tebow? Every Blitz was picked up....that same 15 yard cushion/zone that has proven time and again to not work in clutch situations? It was painful to watch.
you sawa 15 yard cushion zone on the final play of the game???

it was the completely opposite of that.

infact lebeau went away from his typical "vanilla" 3-4 zone blitz.

i gotta wonder what game you guys were watching or if it is just trendy to thow out the same generic catchphrases after a loss (even if theyre completely wrong).

just for reference when there are 8-9 in the box and all 11defenders are up on the line it is everything but a 3-4 zone blitz.
Old 01-09-2012, 08:15 PM   #13
StainlessStill
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 12999
Thanked 2,148 Times in 863 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
you sawa 15 yard cushion zone on the final play of the game???

it was the completely opposite of that.

infact lebeau went away from his typical "vanilla" 3-4 zone blitz.

i gotta wonder what game you guys were watching or if it is just trendy to thow out the same generic catchphrases after a loss (even if theyre completely wrong).

just for reference when there are 8-9 in the box and all 11defenders are up on the line it is everything but a 3-4 zone blitz.
^ This. I don't understand what the dude was watching either. We actually played NO soft zones or any zone-blitzing to speak from. That last play was pretty much an all-out run blitz designed to put Denver in a very tough 2nd and long situation. Instead, they had the perfect play call against the perfect defense for that play call. Watch the linebackers BITE on that play action. For an offense, it was beautiful. Ike was play aggressive, lined up right under the jaw of the receiver. The WR got a great first step and blew past Ike and the rest was history. If the Steelers would of played their usual defense, I think the result would have been different. Instead, we chose not to adjust. THAT'S what baffles me.
Old 01-09-2012, 08:23 PM   #14
ricardisimo
Administrator

Member Number: 15369

When did the zone blitz become "vanilla"? Is there a definition of "vanilla" with which I'm not familiar? Talk about parroting each other's bad critiques..,.
Old 01-09-2012, 08:40 PM   #15
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 11,099 Times in 4,593 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricardisimo View Post
Talk about parroting each other's bad critiques..,.
no doubt.

"if redman wasnt dancing and would drop that stupid spin move, we woulda scored td's on the 1st 2 drives instead of settling for fg's".

"hines stole valuable reps from the young wr's. cotchery shoulda been in there."

"hampton and keisel looked fat old and slow the WHOLE game. no splash plays to speak of. they need to be benched for the youngsters".

&

"run...run...pass...."
Old 01-09-2012, 10:08 PM   #16
jiminpa
Team Captain

Member Number: 20511

Quote:
His starting corner has arguably the worst game of his career. How does one game-plan for that? And given that Bryant McFadden sucks, Cortez Allen was injured, Curtis Brown is on injured reserve, and Anthony Madison was just signed three minutes before game time, I'm not entirely sure what sort of halftime adjustments he was supposed to make.

He stacked the box and forced Tebow to beat him through the air instead of running. This was not only exactly what Lebeau was supposed to do, but I will wager $100 right now that New England does the exact same thing next week and wins handily doing it (unless god intervenes yet again, which I highly doubt.)

As far as our D not being clutch, you're all on drugs. They pitched two shutouts this year, and they kept the other teams to 14 points per game. A team with Ben Roethlisberger, Rashard Mendenhall, Mike Wallace, Maurkice Pouncey et al. should be able to score 15 points per game, every single game.

Yeah, teams losing to us in the last 2 minutes are going to go all out and do some crazy shit, and sometimes they will succeed. In 12 of those games our defense was clutch. In three of them we just got blown out of the water when our offense couldn't score almost at all. In one single, solitary game this season our defense shat the bed and we lost a game we should have won, the second Rats game. Cry me a ****ing river.

Once again, you people are drama queens, overreacting to a tough loss. We don't get to go to the Super Bowl every year. It's hard to take, but it's true. Fortunately, we do get to go to the playoffs every year thanks in large part to the guy you want to fire. In the meantime, you are giving our visiting Rat fans loads of giggle-inducing reading material. I'm sure they're laughing their asses off about how we're "eating our own" right now.
That about says it all, with one more thing. The ONLY thing between the Steelers and losing every season since 2007 has been the best defense in the NFL, and some of you want to give that up! I don't care if BR passes for 3000 yards a game if all of the drives end in interceptions, fumbles or the legless kicker doinking it off of the upright, and yes I know they don't all end like that, sometimes we punt. And some of you want to blow up the defense!
jiminpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 10:17 PM   #17
SH-Rock
Living Legend

Member Number: 15497
Thanked 2,889 Times in 1,128 Posts

Quote:

As far as our D not being clutch, you're all on drugs. They pitched two shutouts this year, and they kept the other teams to 14 points per game. A team with Ben Roethlisberger, Rashard Mendenhall, Mike Wallace, Maurkice Pouncey et al. should be able to score 15 points per game, every single game.

This.

You guys disgust me as fans. He had one bad game. Ike Taylor played his heart out during the regular season. He held the top WRs in the game to only a few passes per game and those even were for minimal gain. He had one bad game. I would hate to see Lebeau leave and you never really appreciate something until it's gone.
SH-Rock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 01:14 AM   #18
Wallace108

Member Number:

Quote:

As far as our D not being clutch, you're all on drugs. They pitched two shutouts this year, and they kept the other teams to 14 points per game. A team with Ben Roethlisberger, Rashard Mendenhall, Mike Wallace, Maurkice Pouncey, Antonio Brown, Heath Miller, et al., should be able to score 15 points per game, every single game.

I know it's extremely early, but there's my nomination for post of the year.

Despite having an older defense and a lot of injuries, they still finished No. 1 in the league. I'm not a numbers guy, but I'm fairly certain No. 1 is pretty good. It was a bad game. It happens.
Old 01-10-2012, 04:43 AM   #19
DanRooney
Banned

Member Number: 16248

We weren't the #1 defense. On paper, yes. But the Baltimore and the 49er defense were much better than ours.
DanRooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 04:44 AM   #20
DanRooney
Banned

Member Number: 16248

Butler's philosophy will be the same as LeBeau's. You won't see anything different. I'm for keeping Dick until he retires but we may need new blood in the next couple of years.
DanRooney is offline   Reply With Quote