Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 06-27-2006, 06:47 PM   #11
BBC
Team Captain

Member Number: 2109
Default Re: Rest In Peace, Super Bowl Controversy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersFever
This is our exclamation point on the topic. Don't like it, don't read it. Of course he is a Steelers fan. Want to cry some more?
I asked why we were still talking about it. It's been four months. The exclamtion point, to me anyways, was when the clock struck zero. The article argued the calls just as I would have, but why haven't we moved on yet? Go look at the article that's titled something along the lines of "Seahawks air gripes over Super Bowl." Just about every poster commented "Good, maybe now they can finally move on". That was at least 2 weeks ago. Steelers fans haven't even moved on yet, how can we expect any other teams' fans to do so?
BBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 07:04 PM   #12
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowherLover
I thought Maddox didn't show for the parade or the White House visit?
He didn't show up for the official SB ring presentation or the visit to the White House, but he WAS at the Super Bowl parade. I was in the front row on Fifth Avenue near Kaufmanns and he was riding in a black convertible, sitting above the back seat. I personally shook his hand and said "thank you", just as I did other Steelers that one could get close enough to!

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 07:28 PM   #13
BlackNGold203
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 1217

Quote:
Originally Posted by HometownGal
Thanks for the read, SF. I never tire of reading articles related to our Steelers' victory in XL!

Not this Steelers fan. I am no Maddox apologist, but it was widely reported here around the Burgh that Maddox's agent started that story and the media capitulated upon it. What is really sickening is that at the Super Bowl Parade in dahntahn Pittsburgh, some of our "classier" fans openly jeered Maddox with certain expletives and chants of "you suck". I know - I was there and it was disgusting. He was still a part of that team and he didn't deserve that no matter how poorly he played in those 2 games last season. I chalked it up to the "what have you done for me lately" breed of fan that makes those of us who appreciate every player who ever wore the black and gold and their accomplishments while a Steeler, no matter how large or small they were (are).

OK - down off my soap box.
I have been chastised in the past for being a Maddox apologist...and I still think its disgusting how people talk about him....the same people who thought he was a late blooming Elway in 2002-2003....yeah..he played poorly last year....but a mans legacy is measured in years...not days....he helped this team...he bridged the gap until Ben came along.....

How soon everyone forgets the '02 playoffs.....
Old 06-27-2006, 07:52 PM   #14
BlacknGold Bleeder
Team Captain
Supporter

Member Number: 1254

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBC
Steelers fans haven't even moved on yet, how can we expect any other teams' fans to do so?
Steeler fans don't have to move on, we are still celebrating the Super Bowl victory! It's just kinda hard to enjoy it when their "whine' gets in my beer!!
Old 06-27-2006, 07:52 PM   #15
SteelersMongol
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 2401

Quote:
Originally Posted by HometownGal
Thanks for the read, SF. I never tire of reading articles related to our Steelers' victory in XL!

Not this Steelers fan. I am no Maddox apologist, but it was widely reported here around the Burgh that Maddox's agent started that story and the media capitulated upon it. What is really sickening is that at the Super Bowl Parade in dahntahn Pittsburgh, some of our "classier" fans openly jeered Maddox with certain expletives and chants of "you suck". I know - I was there and it was disgusting. He was still a part of that team and he didn't deserve that no matter how poorly he played in those 2 games last season. I chalked it up to the "what have you done for me lately" breed of fan that makes those of us who appreciate every player who ever wore the black and gold and their accomplishments while a Steeler, no matter how large or small they were (are).

OK - down off my soap box.
Couldn't agree with you more. I wasn't there, but if that's what happened to Maddox, that would be the proof of "the lies" that Maddox's agent "circulated". Nobody deserves to be treated that way.
Old 06-27-2006, 08:01 PM   #16
Black@Gold Forever32
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 2290

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackNGold203
I have been chastised in the past for being a Maddox apologist...and I still think its disgusting how people talk about him....the same people who thought he was a late blooming Elway in 2002-2003....yeah..he played poorly last year....but a mans legacy is measured in years...not days....he helped this team...he bridged the gap until Ben came along.....

How soon everyone forgets the '02 playoffs.....
I had no problem with Tommy Maddox until after the Jaqs and the poor excuses he made. He said it was to windy. Then he said he bumped into Dan Kreider and that caused the fumble in OT. When clearly he didn't even touch Kreider. If Tommy would have owned up and didn't point the finger I would have no problem with him.

But I agree with you he saved our 2002 season when we started 1-3 under Kordell. That was a magical year. It was a real fun year to watch in 2002 and I will take some good memories of Tommy Maddox from that year. That comeback game against the Browns in the playoffs is one of my alltime favorite games.

I wish Tommy the best and no ill harm.
Black@Gold Forever32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 08:05 PM   #17
BBC
Team Captain

Member Number: 2109

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlacknGold Bleeder
Steeler fans don't have to move on, we are still celebrating the Super Bowl victory! It's just kinda hard to enjoy it when their "whine' gets in my beer!!
Nobody could get whine in my beer bro, I know the Steelers deserved it, I don't need any Bengals or Seahawks fans to tell me so

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black and Gold Forever 32
I had no problem with Tommy Maddox until after the Jaqs and the poor excuses he made. He said it was to windy. Then he said he bumped into Dan Kreider and that caused the fumble in OT. When clearly he didn't even touch Kreider. If Tommy would have owned up and didn't point the finger I would have no problem with him.
Don't forget him blaming the fans for his play
BBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 08:23 PM   #18
Hawk Believer
Team Captain

Member Number: 1580

IMO, I think Seattle fans have reached a significant point in moving past the whole SB thing. When the topic of the Seahawks comes up, the majority of people aren't talking about percieved officiating injustices. They are talking about mini camp and regular training. Its nice to be talking about the future with such optimism. It is unprecidented for people to have such high expectations for the Hawks in this town. But I honestly think that, if they stay healthy, anything short of a Super Bowl victory will be considered a failure this season. We have never, never had that situation before. Should be interesting to see how they respond.

Sure, there are a few black helicopter types that will always think that there was some conspiracy out here. But they are the fringe (and also the easiest to notice).
Old 06-27-2006, 09:53 PM   #19
Prosdo
Banned

Member Number: 86

On the topic of Maddox players have bad games. Unfortunately Maddox didn't have the maturity to just admit that. That is my problem with him. Also the fact that he seemed to have lied about the incident at his house doesn't help either.
Prosdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 09:53 PM   #20
Prosdo
Banned

Member Number: 86

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersFever
Title: Rest In Peace, Super Bowl Controversy
Source: Steelers Fever
Author: Viktor Figeczki

Link: http://www.steelersfever.com/editorials/0628.html
Awesome job! The writers here at SF are great!
Prosdo is offline   Reply With Quote