Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 01-09-2012, 01:39 PM   #1
StainlessStill
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 12999
Thanked 1,014 Times in 425 Posts
Default HIGHLY Optimistic for 2012

I'm shocked in my own self. I couldn't be more optimistic for this Steelers team heading into next season already. It's obvious that it's time for the Steelers to cut the dead-weight that was approaching. I'm eager to see how our GM Colbert, the Rooney's and Tomlin reacts to the off-season, the draft, and even Free Agency. It's time to make changes. That's exciting to me.

My predictions.
CUT: Chris Kemoeatu, Larry Foote, Aaron Smith, Chris Hoke, Max Starks, Mewelde Moore. Bryant McFadden.

RESTRUCTURE: Brett Keisel, Casey Hampton, James Farrior, Hines Ward.

RETIRE: Hines Ward, Aaron Smith.

RESIGNED: Jerricho Cotchery

I think it's still up in the air for Hines. If he were to come back, he would HAVE to restructure. If not, he'll retire, that's why I have him in two categories.

I think this MAY be the year the Steelers make a play in free agency with a need, particularly to the offensive line. Hope to see Tomlin have some balls during this off-season and make some moves. The time is now.
Old 01-09-2012, 01:46 PM   #2
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 4,593 Times in 1,970 Posts
Default Re: HIGHLY Optimistic for 2012

hines and farrior should retire imo. loved both players over their time but they just aren't producing, especially for the amount of money they're being given.

cotchery was a good pickup and i wouldn't mind seeing him back. emmanuel sanders seems to always play well when he is healthy, but as of now, he has never shown he can stay healthy, so they may re-sign cotch as a result
Fire Arians is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 01:57 PM   #3
theplatypus
Team Owner

Member Number: 3329

We can't afford the luxury of paying a #5 WR 5 million dollars. I'll miss his permagrin, but the time has come for Hines to walk away.
theplatypus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 02:03 PM   #4
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter

Member Number: 3236
Thanked 3,245 Times in 1,280 Posts

We need a new OC or we can expect more of the same struggling to score 20 points a game.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MACH1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 02:05 PM   #5
steelers33
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 17599

Hampton,Farrior,Smith,Starks,Keisel,Kemo,Ward,Foot e, Hoke, Moore, McFadden are all done for me and I think Harrison has 1 season left in him were he splits reps with Jason Worilds. Look Hampton and Starks tore their ac'sl, career ending injury for Hampton( too old to come back) maybe for Starks too because you can consider he will gain 200 pounds while he's in recovery. Keisel severe groin injury I think will do him in, but he might come back. Farrior, Smith, Ward, Foote, Hoke, Moore, McFadden all wayyy to worn down and injury prone their done. And Kemo sucks and has an attitude problem, he's done unless he can turn that around. Look draft ILB 1st round( Vontaze Burfict or Dont'a Hightower preferably Burfict because I heard Hightower was slow) NT second round( Josh Chapman alabama or that guy from Washington) then guard or tackle third round to compete for starting job. I think our o-line in 2012 across the board would look like Gilbert Legursky Pouncey Foster Colon which I am okay with but I want good depth and even more quality people to challenge them. I think the secondary will be fine, we have some good young corners Mundy looks at least decent and Carnell Lake our d-backs coach is outstanding. And Pola prob has 2-3 more years in him. Just that I think Dick L needs to start taking less responsibility as a defensive coordinator and perhaps Butler steps up the LB coach. Regardless Dick could be kept or let go/retire and I will be fine with both. But yes I am optimistic about the roster turnover, and it is time for Tomlin to earn his money with his own players not Cowher's. Look people the reason I am most excited is that we have the best GM in football that almost never misses on talent. Mark my words we will reload not rebuild.
steelers33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 02:28 PM   #6
MDSteel15
Team President

Member Number: 8170

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessStill View Post
I'm shocked in my own self. I couldn't be more optimistic for this Steelers team heading into next season already. It's obvious that it's time for the Steelers to cut the dead-weight that was approaching. I'm eager to see how our GM Colbert, the Rooney's and Tomlin reacts to the off-season, the draft, and even Free Agency. It's time to make changes. That's exciting to me.

My predictions.
CUT: Chris Kemoeatu, Larry Foote, Aaron Smith, Chris Hoke, Max Starks, Mewelde Moore. Bryant McFadden.

I think it's still up in the air for Hines. If he were to come back, he would HAVE to restructure. If not, he'll retire, that's why I have him in two categories.

I can see them cutting the others but not Foote if Potsie retires! And Starks is the reason Ben made it this long without getting killed when he came back this season...

Hopefully Keisel can recover because the last 3 years have been the best of his career!
Old 01-09-2012, 02:30 PM   #7
plenewken
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 3447

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessStill View Post

My predictions.

I think this MAY be the year the Steelers make a play in free agency with a need, particularly to the offensive line. Hope to see Tomlin have some balls during this off-season and make some moves. The time is now.
Unless there are key changes in the coaching staff and overall game strategy, I don't think the personnel on the field alone is going to make much difference.
I'm just sayin'...
plenewken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 02:32 PM   #8
saveus1011
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 14643

Bruce will be gone.

Hines will stay for one last ride.

We're winning Super Bowl XLVII. Book it.
Old 01-09-2012, 03:01 PM   #9
NoFieldFive
Starter

Member Number: 10965

the 2012 schedule looks to be much tougher than this year's schedule was.
NoFieldFive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 03:07 PM   #10
BLACK_AND_YELLOW
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 18312
Thanked 1,322 Times in 634 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by saveus1011 View Post
We're winning Super Bowl XLVII. Book it.
I have already booked it even tho this team look like there falling apart they always do something great the next season and we have 6 Super Bowls to prove it

(note* history repeats itself)

Here We Go Steelers Here We Go
BLACK_AND_YELLOW is online now   Reply With Quote