Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 01-09-2012, 03:14 PM   #11
ColoradoSteelerFan
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 1660
Default Re: HIGHLY Optimistic for 2012

I'm not nearly as optomistic. I fear the Steelers might be hitting a slid similar to the one they experience between 1997 and 2000 when the had seasons with 7-9, 6-10 and 9-7 records. I think the age of the defense and a lack of depth at positions with key players who have advanced in age has finally caught up. The AFC north has quickly become one of the, if not THE, best division in football. I see the Steelers struggling for wildcard position the next few years.

In addition the Steelers cap situation is sticky. They have nearly $70 million tied up with 6 players and have a significant number of free agents to deal with this off-season.

I would love to see LeBeau return. Sounds like it is more probable than not. I know hating Arians is popular among Steeler fans, but I've tried to hold my opinion on the matter since Roethlisberger wants him around. The redzone offense and the general play of the offense on the road was a serious concern this season, but with all the injuries the OL experienced and Wallace's disappearing act for most of the 2nd half of the season...I'm not sure where to place the blame entirely.

Hope I'm wrong. It's going to be an extremely long off season. Living in Denver and LOATHING everything about the Broncos, the place is almost intolerable today as it will be all week. I've run into countless Broncos fans today who are making jokes about Pittsburgh. It's hilarious. You've never met a stupid football fan until you have talked with a Broncos fan.

I PRAY for a Patriots victory. Something....ANYTHING....to shut these idiots up!!!!!
ColoradoSteelerFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 03:14 PM   #12
StainlessStill
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 12999
Thanked 1,147 Times in 476 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACK_AND_YELLOW View Post
I have already booked it even tho this team look like there falling apart they always do something great the next season and we have 6 Super Bowls to prove it

(note* history repeats itself)

Here We Go Steelers Here We Go
I agree. Sometimes, a loss like this makes a team stronger and the overall organization stronger to correct a problem in the off-season. Look around, the youth has arrived. Not only that, but they are making PLAYS. It's all there. Just a few fixes here and there to get over that hump to simply reload.

I'm feeling good for 2012. Look at the Saints, losing last year to a 7-9 Seahawks team and coming back this year stronger than ever. I believe we have a better receiving corpse than Brees does. Like I said, HIGHLY optimistic.
Old 01-09-2012, 03:25 PM   #13
narmold
Water Boy

Member Number: 20086

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessStill View Post
I'm feeling good for 2012. Look at the Saints, losing last year to a 7-9 Seahawks team and coming back this year stronger than ever. I believe we have a better receiving corpse than Brees does. Like I said, HIGHLY optimistic.
My thoughts exactly! The Broncos are the 2010 Seahawks, and we will be the 2011 Saints. I think our receiving core will be the best in the league, our O-Line will be strengthened in the offseason, and our defense well that could be the only iffy part. But focusing on the offense I think we will be a #1/#2 seed next year.

On the Broncos I think Tebow is the new wildcat. For a while people had no idea how to stop it, then they found a way and Miami falls apart. I think this will be the case for Denver next year and in the Super Bowl definitely or maybe even on Saturday.
narmold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 03:33 PM   #14
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 5,531 Times in 2,346 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by narmold View Post
My thoughts exactly! The Broncos are the 2010 Seahawks, and we will be the 2011 Saints. I think our receiving core will be the best in the league, our O-Line will be strengthened in the offseason, and our defense well that could be the only iffy part. But focusing on the offense I think we will be a #1/#2 seed next year.

On the Broncos I think Tebow is the new wildcat. For a while people had no idea how to stop it, then they found a way and Miami falls apart. I think this will be the case for Denver next year and in the Super Bowl definitely or maybe even on Saturday.
a team like new england won't need to figure out tebow, the pats defense is terrible and gonna give up points anyway, even if their scheme is good. the question though, is tebow good enough to beat tom brady in a shootout? the answer is most likely no.
Fire Arians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 03:40 PM   #15
plenewken
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 3447

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Arians View Post
a team like new england won't need to figure out tebow, the pats defense is terrible and gonna give up points anyway, even if their scheme is good. the question though, is tebow good enough to beat tom brady in a shootout? the answer is most likely no.
Brady, Gronkowski and Welker are going to pile up yds and points against them. No question.
The probability for Denver to win in Foxboro is very low, unless Brady is injured early in the game.
The spread is 13.5 pts for the Patriots as of today.
plenewken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 03:46 PM   #16
stb_steeler
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 14315

Quote:
I agree. Sometimes, a loss like this makes a team stronger and the overall organization stronger to correct a problem in the off-season. Look around, the youth has arrived. Not only that, but they are making PLAYS. It's all there. Just a few fixes here and there to get over that hump to simply reload.

It really does come down to the saying any givin sunday..... We need major adjustments on OL and possibly on the D as well.....But lookin back on this past season, the will, the fire didnt seem to be there a whole lot. It really is true that footballs a young mans game especially in the injury department, it seems that our vets dont heal as fast as they used to. But this team has some young talent and it clearly shows that it wasnt used to its full potential. As a die hard fan myself i sure hope this isnt a funk of whats to come in the future, but i dont see it happening!.

Might as well dress em in skirts!
stb_steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 03:46 PM   #17
Curtain_of_Steel
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 11678

"Figure out Tebow?"

What is he some elite QB that needs to have high level OC's to figure him out?

Put Fing pressure on him he will crumbled. He almost crumbled a few times without pressure. No pressure his WR's run all over the field. Sort of like yesterday, lol
Curtain_of_Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 03:54 PM   #18
StainlessStill
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 12999
Thanked 1,147 Times in 476 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtain_of_Steel View Post
"Figure out Tebow?"

What is he some elite QB that needs to have high level OC's to figure him out?

Put Fing pressure on him he will crumbled. He almost crumbled a few times without pressure. No pressure his WR's run all over the field. Sort of like yesterday, lol
That 3rd down and 12 in the second QRT started the entire meltdown and we never regained momentum from the first half. Tebow stood back there and had a good 10 seconds to throw the ball. Coverage simply can't be held for that long period of time in the NFL. Ike had good coverage, as did Gay, but Lake has to teach these guys to look and play the football. They were there, just didn't locate the ball at any cost.
Old 01-10-2012, 04:56 AM   #19
saveus1011
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 14643

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoFieldFive View Post
the 2012 schedule looks to be much tougher than this year's schedule was.
So did 2008's compared to 2007's. Tomlin had them playing for everything that year too.
Old 01-10-2012, 10:06 AM   #20
jtbsteeler
Starter

Member Number: 18760

Quote:
I'm shocked in my own self. I couldn't be more optimistic for this Steelers team heading into next season already. It's obvious that it's time for the Steelers to cut the dead-weight that was approaching. I'm eager to see how our GM Colbert, the Rooney's and Tomlin reacts to the off-season, the draft, and even Free Agency. It's time to make changes. That's exciting to me.

My predictions.
CUT: Chris Kemoeatu, Larry Foote, Aaron Smith, Chris Hoke, Max Starks, Mewelde Moore. Bryant McFadden.

RESTRUCTURE: Brett Keisel, Casey Hampton, James Farrior, Hines Ward.

RETIRE: Hines Ward, Aaron Smith.

RESIGNED: Jerricho Cotchery

I think it's still up in the air for Hines. If he were to come back, he would HAVE to restructure. If not, he'll retire, that's why I have him in two categories.

I think this MAY be the year the Steelers make a play in free agency with a need, particularly to the offensive line. Hope to see Tomlin have some balls during this off-season and make some moves. The time is now.

Feel the same way. Cut the dead weight. Starting with James Farrior.
jtbsteeler is offline   Reply With Quote