Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 01-09-2012, 01:58 PM   #1
Truman_sparks
Water Boy

Member Number: 18970
Default Is it time to move on from Harrison

I think it is.

9 sacks, but hardly was ever a game changer. It seemed like he was just pushed wide by the tackle as he tries to speed rush to the outside every play. Add in the penalties, fines, etc. and I wouldn't be too sad to move on.
Truman_sparks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 02:09 PM   #2
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 7,452 Times in 3,111 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw
Default Re: Is it time to move on from Harrison

he's our best linebacker, i don't think so man.
Fire Arians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 02:11 PM   #3
skinart82
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 3485

9 sacks and 5 games missed...........
skinart82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 02:25 PM   #4
theplatypus
Team Owner

Member Number: 3329

It's hard too say really. He's still playing at a very high level and outside of the broken orbital he's been pretty much injury free. However, we're facing pretty big cap issues this year and need to inject some youth. If it comes down to being able to keep WAllace,Brown, and Sanders or Harrison then 2012 will probably be his last season.

Last edited by theplatypus; 01-09-2012 at 02:49 PM.
theplatypus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 02:41 PM   #5
PhantomJB93
Team President

Member Number: 13907
Thanked 1,035 Times in 494 Posts
My Mood: Drunk

No.

9 sacks is a respectable number especially when you factor in the injury and suspension. He got off to a slow start because he was coming off surgery, he was becoming a dominant force again right before he got the eye injury.

He's still got another few years in him.
PhantomJB93 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 02:45 PM   #6
tanda10506
Team President

Member Number: 17319

9 sacks while missing 5 games and playing hurt in a few. Causing the fumble in Indy was a game changer. I know a lot of people agree, and I know a lot of people will disagree, but he is held EVERY PLAY that he rushes on. Harrison's style is the Steelers style and he's playing great IN SPITE of the constant holds. If you replace him with somebody else who can get sacks like Harrison, plays the Steelers style, and gets to the point where he's playing as good as Harrison, have no fear he will be targeted and held all year. It doesn't get better than Harrison.
tanda10506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 02:55 PM   #7
TRH
Living Legend

Member Number: 17206

He played great up until the time he got suspended.

Unfortunately, the legue's rules have influenced "his style" of aggressive play. Plus, he hasn't been 100% either, its easy to over look his injuries and bad back due to all the other highly publicized injuries to everyone else.
TRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 03:07 PM   #8
tanda10506
Team President

Member Number: 17319

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRH View Post
He played great up until the time he got suspended.

Unfortunately, the legue's rules have influenced "his style" of aggressive play. Plus, he hasn't been 100% either, its easy to over look his injuries and bad back due to all the other highly publicized injuries to everyone else.
I loved when he went low yesterday and took that guy out of the game. I never want any player (maybe Flacco, Ray Lewis, or Brady) to get injured severely, but that must have really got Goodell's panties in a bunch. Here he is all year punishing every hit that was legitimate 2 years ago under the false premise of player safety, yet the man under the magnifying glass specifically goes low to cater to Goodell's rules and he hurts the guy he is hitting far worse than anybody he hurt with those alleged "illegal" hits. Yes I know he gave a few guys concussions, but I have had a concussion, and I much rather have that then my knee blown out and require surgery.
tanda10506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 03:20 PM   #9
4xSBChamps
Head Coach

Member Number: 1911

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanda10506 View Post
I loved when he went low yesterday and took that guy out of the game. I never want any player (maybe Flacco, Ray Lewis, or Brady) to get injured severely, but that must have really got Goodell's panties in a bunch. Here he is all year punishing every hit that was legitimate 2 years ago under the false premise of player safety, yet the man under the magnifying glass specifically goes low to cater to Goodell's rules and he hurts the guy he is hitting far worse than anybody he hurt with those alleged "illegal" hits. Yes I know he gave a few guys concussions, but I have had a concussion, and I much rather have that then my knee blown out and require surgery.
"... LOOK... we gotta be able to fine Harrison somehow...

... I'm paying you guys with the money we got
from the seats that weren't built in-time for
last year's Super Bowl...

... make-it happen!!!"
4xSBChamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 03:22 PM   #10
Darkstorm05
Team Captain

Member Number: 19897

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanda10506 View Post

I fully agree with that. He pretty much demonstrated what happens if you force a defensive beast to go low all the time. Unfortunately, Goodell will likely have this in mind when he signs the suspension for the Tebow hit.
Darkstorm05 is offline   Reply With Quote