Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 01-09-2012, 06:44 PM   #21
harrison'samonster
Living Legend

Member Number: 17630
Thanked 10,261 Times in 4,117 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw
Default Re: What Tomlin does in the offseason..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Arians View Post
This has to be the funniest thing I ever read lol. I bet money the guy who started it is a steelers fan, and not a dolphins fan though.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Hire-...741731?sk=info

"The Miami Dolphins need a new Head Coach who has the tenacity, temperance, and experience to build a championship team. Bruce Arians is the right guy for us fans who are yearning for a winning season."
that is absolutely hilarious. Either a Steelers fan or Bruce himself wrote that.
Old 01-09-2012, 06:58 PM   #22
steeltheone
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 6351

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post
Wallace is a growing mystery and not in any good way - Brown now appears to be the better WR although the question is how much of that is due to the defense still rotating to Wallace to take away the deep ball

I think Lewis replaces Gay in 2012 - Taylor just had a bad game - the Tebow pass to win the game was like the Warner pass to Larry Fitzgerald that almost won SB XLIII - once Ike was beat there was no safety support to stop a TD - think for moment what this pass defense would have been like if Taylor had taken his talents elsewhere in 2011
Exactly wo Ike we would have been in big trouble!
Old 01-09-2012, 06:59 PM   #23
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 8,245 Times in 3,621 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessStill View Post
Not really. The Steelers were playing a Cover-Two on that pass play to Fitzgerald. He got inside Ike but there were safety's split across the field to take the right angle to make the play. Fitzy just outran our WHOLE secondary. We were geared to cover the pass in XLIII.

Tebow through against an inverted, 0 coverage defense. We weren't in a defense to defend the pass. There was no secondary to outrun. No safety help, which means no one in the deep halves of the field to take an angle and run the wideout down that way. Ike didn't have a shot.
Not really - The Fitzgerald play was designed to have the other receivers run patterns to the sidelines to take both safeties out of the center of the field and remove any deep safety support - the only guy Fitzgerald had to out run after he beat Taylor and got to that hole in the center of the field was Harrison

[youtube]9GbKpY7U1uk&feature=related[/youtube]

There also is an issue whether Mundy got caught up closer then he should have ben to the line with a fake blitz - Tomlin would not bite today on a question as to whether Mundy screwed up his responsibility
Atlanta Dan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 07:07 PM   #24
StainlessStill
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 12999
Thanked 1,719 Times in 699 Posts

Quote:
Not really - The Fitzgerald play was designed to have the other receivers run patterns to the sidelines to take both safeties out of the center of the field and remove any deep safety support - the only guy Fitzgerald had to out run after he beat Taylor and got to that hole in the center of the field was Harrison

[youtube]9GbKpY7U1uk&feature=related[/youtube]

There also is an issue whether Mundy got caught up closer then he should have ben to the line with a fake blitz - Tomlin would not bite today on a question as to whether Mundy screwed up his responsibility
You can clearly see Deshea Townsend and William Gay manning the outside containment on the sidelined routes. There was two safety's deep, Clark and Polamalu. Cover-2. They were just so deep that they didn't have the proper English when it came to direction to catch Fitzgerald due to how bad Ike was beaten to the middle. There was ZERO safety help for Ike against the Broncos. Two complete different coverages, not similiar at all in how it was supposed to be attacked. Nobody in the middle to even have a shot to take an angle on the play.
Old 01-09-2012, 07:18 PM   #25
stb_steeler
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 14315

Quote:
Originally Posted by theplatypus View Post
Put down the pipe
I cant, it goes with my drinking......

Might as well dress em in skirts!
stb_steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 07:21 PM   #26
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 9,540 Times in 3,972 Posts

Quote:

basically a play ryan clark executes to perfection but the "standard is the standard" and "we will not make excuses".

Quote:
Originally Posted by stb_steeler View Post
I cant, it goes with my drinking......
Old 01-09-2012, 07:22 PM   #27
stb_steeler
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 14315

Quote:
This has to be the funniest thing I ever read lol. I bet money the guy who started it is a steelers fan, and not a dolphins fan though.

"The Miami Dolphins need a new Head Coach who has the tenacity, temperance, and experience to build a championship team. Bruce Arians is the right guy for us fans who are yearning for a winning season."

"It's about time the Miami Dolphins got real and build a championship team. Please join our effort to inspire the ownership and decision makers. Fans deserve a winning season."

"Now with the Rams and the Bucs firing their head coaches, Miami is gonna have some competition and limited choices."
ONE WORD........WOW

Might as well dress em in skirts!
stb_steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 08:43 PM   #28
jiminpa
Team Captain

Member Number: 20511

Quote:

"It's about time the Miami Dolphins got real and build a championship team. Please join our effort to inspire the ownership and decision makers. Fans deserve a winning season."

"Now with the Rams and the Bucs firing their head coaches, Miami is gonna have some competition and limited choices."
Is this a petition? I'll sign! Maybe we should start a groundswell movement--Steelers fans for BA as Miami HC. After as good as Arians made their 32nd ranked defense look a few years ago they owe us. In fact, 3 or 4 weeks in a row that year we moved the 32nd ranked defense up in the standings, enabling our offense to suck against that worst defense in the league multiple times in one season.
jiminpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 08:46 PM   #29
jiminpa
Team Captain

Member Number: 20511

As for what Tomlin does this offseason--I'm betting he has a few beers and probably plays some golf. I'm certain he'll watch the playoffs from the comfort of his home.
jiminpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 09:26 PM   #30
FanSince72
Team Owner

Member Number: 17502
Thanked 1,506 Times in 669 Posts

I love how everybody is so eager to get rid of Arians yet it's the Defense that keeps giving up 3rd downs (both short and long), huge chunks of yardage and ultimately touchdowns.

Last I checked, Arians wasn't in charge of the Defense -- LeBeau is.

So why isn't anyone screaming for HIS head?
FanSince72 is online now   Reply With Quote