Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 01-09-2012, 03:58 PM   #1
Corey_J
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 16584
Default Hines wont retire !

Straight from him !

I wanted take a moment to thank all of Steeler Nation for the love and support. I'm sorry for the disappointing loss. I'm still depressed about it. We had a great year finishing 12-4 but our ultimate goal was to win the Super Bowl and we fell short. Hats off to Denver. I'm also getting lots of questions about retirement so let me set the record straight: I have no plans on retiring right now. I want to win another Superbowl. I don't know where the media is getting this info from but rest assured that when I decide to retire, you'll hear it from ME first. - HINES

Old 01-09-2012, 03:59 PM   #2
stb_steeler
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 14315
Default Re: Hines wont retire !

Hines been saying this all season....and he's right the media puts this shit into everyones head. GO HINES!!!

Might as well dress em in skirts!
stb_steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 04:15 PM   #3
StainlessStill
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 12999
Thanked 1,014 Times in 425 Posts

He must restructure. There's no other way. He is as good as our 6th wideout in this system. He's phased out. We may see more 5 wide next season more than ever and maybe Hines will get a couple snaps but people need to realize that he's done with this team as far as big plays and contribution is concerned. It's emotional saying this, he's my ALL TIME favorite Steeler, but if he doesn't restructure, I don't see him back.

His idol was Jerome Bettis on this team when the the Bus was in the SAME EXACT position that Hines is in. Ward cried for Jerome. What did Bettis do? Restructure his deal. We can have a motto next season to get it done for Ward. "RIDE FOR HINES!" He would be our emotional chip. Hope he does it.
Old 01-09-2012, 04:17 PM   #4
ColoradoSteelerFan
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 1660

He's a $4.6 million hit to the cap. Sorry Hines...LOVE YA...but with Wallace, Brown and Sanders all needing to be secured in the next two seasons (Wallace right away), the Steelers can't afford you. Restructure big time and it might work.

I hate to think about the Steelers without Hines....it just wouldn't seem right.
ColoradoSteelerFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 04:18 PM   #5
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 4,585 Times in 1,966 Posts

he better be willing to restructure to the vet minimum because he's been phased out of this offense
Fire Arians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 04:19 PM   #6
stb_steeler
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 14315

I agree the cap money to restructure hines contract should be cut, but i think the point that hines is trying to make is that, he's not quitting just because people think he should. We all know he's not a quiter.

Might as well dress em in skirts!
stb_steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 04:21 PM   #7
HanSteelers
Water Boy

Member Number: 16003

still trust Hines more than any WR we have on the roster...Hines should have been on the field more yesterday in crucial situations.
HanSteelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 04:22 PM   #8
BLACK_AND_YELLOW
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 18312
Thanked 1,312 Times in 629 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoSteelerFan View Post
He's a $4.6 million hit to the cap. Sorry Hines...LOVE YA...but with Wallace, Brown and Sanders all needing to be secured in the next two seasons (Wallace right away), the Steelers can't afford you. Restructure big time and it might work.

I hate to think about the Steelers without Hines....it just wouldn't seem right.
I dont even care for wallace no more he is not worth the money he does not fight for the ball most of bens int was because of the fact he dont fight for the ball

Last edited by BLACK_AND_YELLOW; 01-09-2012 at 04:34 PM.
BLACK_AND_YELLOW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 04:32 PM   #9
ColoradoSteelerFan
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 1660

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACK_AND_YELLOW View Post
I dont even care for wallace no more he is not worth the money he does not fight for the ball most of bens int was because of the fact he dont fight for the ball
Ummmm.....he played for like $700,000 this season. He ranks as the 57th highest paid wide receiver yet finished the season #11 in yards, #25 in receptions, tied for #11 in TD's, #16 in ave/catch.

Seems he was MORE than worth his money.

Yes, he disappeared this season but he's still learning. He's a big time receiver and will be paid like a big time receiver next season whether it's by the Steelers or someone else.

Obviously if you have a brain...you hope it's the Steelers.
ColoradoSteelerFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 04:38 PM   #10
BLACK_AND_YELLOW
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 18312
Thanked 1,312 Times in 629 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoSteelerFan View Post
Ummmm.....he played for like $700,000 this season. He ranks as the 57th highest paid wide receiver yet finished the season #11 in yards, #25 in receptions, tied for #11 in TD's, #16 in ave/catch.

Seems he was MORE than worth his money.

Yes, he disappeared this season but he's still learning. He's a big time receiver and will be paid like a big time receiver next season whether it's by the Steelers or someone else.

Obviously if you have a brain...you hope it's the Steelers.
idc how good of a reciver you are if you dont fight for the ball in the air you are not worth even top 10 money every top 5 receiver fights for the ball even Antonio Brown fights for it...ik he still is learning but thats the basic thing for a receiver is to fight for the ball remember the 49ers game?? he just watch the ball go to the defender
BLACK_AND_YELLOW is online now   Reply With Quote