Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Bucs

Old 01-10-2012, 04:56 PM   #1
Whodis
Team Captain

Member Number: 6483
Default Steelers Offensive Coordinator Has Head Firmly Up Pass

Bruce Arians needs to take off those sunglasses! It is painfully obvious that they are interfering with his ability to see what’s going on just a few yards away from him on the football field. Altitude induced blindness is the only acceptable excuse for the outrageously stupid, offensively offensive, offensive game plan that ‘BA’ shat into action this past Sunday in Denver.
I understand that the Pittsburgh Steelers crave a modern, metro sexual makeover (Ben’s hat). It’s a quarterback driven league and QB’s love to pass. It’s also plain to see that the Neanderthal concept, previously attached to pro football’s dark ages, of beating your opponent into submission via the run is alien to Arians. Who wants to waste seven or eight minutes of clock time wearing down the other team with a rushing attack? This is the age of ‘on demand’ and Twitter. Things have to happen in an instant or they are empty and meaningless. Hell, let’s score quickly, if at all, and get Denver’s offense back on the field so this kid can find his game and mature right before our eyes. I guess Bruce Arians thinks it’s not fair to let Tim Tebow cool down in the second quarter while the Steelers mount an actual, clock sucking, momentum draining, DRIVE. I am a pretty fair lip reader and I am sure I saw Screw Loose Bruce saying into his headset “That damn Tebow is as boring as Charlie Whitehurst if you just keep him on the bench. I’m gonna see if I can speed this drive up”.
Isaac Redman was a beast Sunday vs. the Broncos. He proved that ‘The Big Game’ is not too big for him. Redman, wearing the number ‘33’, looked like the beautiful love child of Merril Hoge and Bam Morris. Ike ran for 121 yards on 17 carries and still had something left in the tank thanks to John Clay spelling him. Yet in the face of production like that, Arians still went empty backfield on 2nd and 7, 2nd and 6, and numerous first downs. You want a wide open offense; I’m with you. You want to play a predictably pass happy one, without even showing your opponent the possibility of a run; no thank you. Keep a freaking running back in the backfield to help block on pass plays, or chip and release as a check down receiver, but for shit’s sake, Bruce, keep a running back on the field! Arians has contributed to the extinction of the NFL full back and is now trying to make the running back a useless appendage (Ben’s hat) as well. Wasn’t it just last season that the Steelers ownership stated firmly that they wanted to see a return to the run game?
I know that Bruce Arians is only human. He can’t draw up a terrible offensive game plan and drop well thrown passes also. But is he too arrogant(or blind) to tell when things are and aren’t working? Drops by Wallace, Johnson, and Cotchery all killed drives and stopped the clock.
Phil Simms must be equally blind; while BA was calling the worst game of his career (and that’s saying something), Simms mused that “With all the head coaching positions coming available in the NFL, that it’s odd that Bruce Arians doesn’t get courted” adding with zero irony: “Because he should be considered a good candidate” . . Phil’s name must be on that list of NFL players who filed suit against the league for not properly treating head injuries to say something that ridiculous. I remember watching Phil Simms. I know he has at least a rudimentary grasp of how professional tackle football is played. You stick with what’s working. The run was working. This is not the ‘Run and Shoot’, the ‘Fun and Gun’, nor is it the ‘Greatest Show on Turf’. It’s Steelers football. Run the damn ball.
I’ll end with a terrible joke.
Waiter: “Good morning Mr. Arians. Would you like some common sense”?
Bruce Arians: “No thanks. I’ll pass”.

http://nicepickcowher.com/2012/01/10...irmly-up-pass/
Old 01-10-2012, 05:55 PM   #2
EbonySteel86
Team Captain

Member Number: 20340
Default Re: Steelers Offensive Coordinator Has Head Firmly Up Pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whodis View Post
Bruce Arians needs to take off those sunglasses! It is painfully obvious that they are interfering with his ability to see what’s going on just a few yards away from him on the football field. Altitude induced blindness is the only acceptable excuse for the outrageously stupid, offensively offensive, offensive game plan that ‘BA’ shat into action this past Sunday in Denver.
I understand that the Pittsburgh Steelers crave a modern, metro sexual makeover (Ben’s hat). It’s a quarterback driven league and QB’s love to pass. It’s also plain to see that the Neanderthal concept, previously attached to pro football’s dark ages, of beating your opponent into submission via the run is alien to Arians. Who wants to waste seven or eight minutes of clock time wearing down the other team with a rushing attack? This is the age of ‘on demand’ and Twitter. Things have to happen in an instant or they are empty and meaningless. Hell, let’s score quickly, if at all, and get Denver’s offense back on the field so this kid can find his game and mature right before our eyes. I guess Bruce Arians thinks it’s not fair to let Tim Tebow cool down in the second quarter while the Steelers mount an actual, clock sucking, momentum draining, DRIVE. I am a pretty fair lip reader and I am sure I saw Screw Loose Bruce saying into his headset “That damn Tebow is as boring as Charlie Whitehurst if you just keep him on the bench. I’m gonna see if I can speed this drive up”.
Isaac Redman was a beast Sunday vs. the Broncos. He proved that ‘The Big Game’ is not too big for him. Redman, wearing the number ‘33’, looked like the beautiful love child of Merril Hoge and Bam Morris. Ike ran for 121 yards on 17 carries and still had something left in the tank thanks to John Clay spelling him. Yet in the face of production like that, Arians still went empty backfield on 2nd and 7, 2nd and 6, and numerous first downs. You want a wide open offense; I’m with you. You want to play a predictably pass happy one, without even showing your opponent the possibility of a run; no thank you. Keep a freaking running back in the backfield to help block on pass plays, or chip and release as a check down receiver, but for shit’s sake, Bruce, keep a running back on the field! Arians has contributed to the extinction of the NFL full back and is now trying to make the running back a useless appendage (Ben’s hat) as well. Wasn’t it just last season that the Steelers ownership stated firmly that they wanted to see a return to the run game?
I know that Bruce Arians is only human. He can’t draw up a terrible offensive game plan and drop well thrown passes also. But is he too arrogant(or blind) to tell when things are and aren’t working? Drops by Wallace, Johnson, and Cotchery all killed drives and stopped the clock.
Phil Simms must be equally blind; while BA was calling the worst game of his career (and that’s saying something), Simms mused that “With all the head coaching positions coming available in the NFL, that it’s odd that Bruce Arians doesn’t get courted” adding with zero irony: “Because he should be considered a good candidate” . . Phil’s name must be on that list of NFL players who filed suit against the league for not properly treating head injuries to say something that ridiculous. I remember watching Phil Simms. I know he has at least a rudimentary grasp of how professional tackle football is played. You stick with what’s working. The run was working. This is not the ‘Run and Shoot’, the ‘Fun and Gun’, nor is it the ‘Greatest Show on Turf’. It’s Steelers football. Run the damn ball.
I’ll end with a terrible joke.
Waiter: “Good morning Mr. Arians. Would you like some common sense”?
Bruce Arians: “No thanks. I’ll pass”.

http://nicepickcowher.com/2012/01/10...irmly-up-pass/
EbonySteel86 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 06:21 PM   #3
plenewken
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 3447

Excellent! Unfortunately, like I said earlier, Arians is like herpes, we won't easily get rid of him, much less now that Pitt and PennState have recruited their HC.
Our next hope is when La Roche College starts a football program........
plenewken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 06:27 PM   #4
Danny136200
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 17651

Arians was doing a decent job until after the bye week. Injuries started to mount up (mainly ben's broken thumb/ ankle sprain) and the offense started to tumble. Arians should have done a better job at protecting an injured ben and run the ball A LOT more than what he did against the niners, browns, and broncos (redman averaged 7.1 YPC and had 120 yards).
Danny136200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 08:10 AM   #5
Rockonsteel
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 15574

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny136200 View Post
Arians was doing a decent job until after the bye week. Injuries started to mount up (mainly ben's broken thumb/ ankle sprain) and the offense started to tumble. Arians should have done a better job at protecting an injured ben and run the ball A LOT more than what he did against the niners, browns, and broncos (redman averaged 7.1 YPC and had 120 yards).
The offense couldn't score before the bye week, couldn't score after the bye week. They couldn't score before Ben got injured, and they got worse after Ben got injured. I just don't understand people's infatuation with what Arians brings to the table, which is not a whole lot.

Rockon
Rockonsteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 08:33 AM   #6
defence
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 19128

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockonsteel View Post
The offense couldn't score before the bye week, couldn't score after the bye week. They couldn't score before Ben got injured, and they got worse after Ben got injured. I just don't understand people's infatuation with what Arians brings to the table, which is not a whole lot.

Rockon
Agreed!! I don't get why this guy hasn't been canned yet!! With all his talent on that offence; we should be in the top 5 every year!! If tomlin won't do it; it should come from upstairs!!!
defence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 08:35 AM   #7
SteeleReign
Team President

Member Number: 13943

That was a great read and firmly on the mark! The only thing I can figure is that the team plans to seriously address the o-line. If they can give Ben the time that Brady & Brees have in the pocket then maybe we can turn just one FG-per-game into a TD. Adding 4ppg would make a big difference.
SteeleReign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 09:14 AM   #8
theplatypus
Team Owner

Member Number: 3329

[YOUTUBE]8_4bLNM0axE[/YOUTUBE]
theplatypus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 09:39 AM   #9
Rockonsteel
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 15574

Quote:
Originally Posted by theplatypus View Post
[YOUTUBE]8_4bLNM0axE[/YOUTUBE]
If you're ok with them rolling out a mediocre offense, that consistently underachieves relative to the talent on the field, that's on you. Some of us want better. Apparenlty neither you or Mie Tomlin is among those.

If you don't want to hear/read people complaining about it,, there's a million other destinations on the interweb, where you won't be exposed to such rantings.

But if you think this offense is "all that it can be", then you're just as delusional as Ben and his "sky's the limit" comment. Nevermind the sky, the limit for this offense as long as BA is calling the shots is the ceiling in the locker room at Heinz Field.

Rockon
Rockonsteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 09:40 AM   #10
Steelerfreak58
Team Captain

Member Number: 8080

I don't mind more passing game but when did the Steelers decide to steal Al Davis's playbook and think that all your offense has to do is throw long bombs all damn day...

1st downs should have been the goal dink and dunk your way down the field use the deep ball when teams start moving up to stop it. Take a look at how the Patriots, Saints, and Green Bay set that shit up. They move the ball efficiently down the field getting the 1st downs with short high percentage passes. Arains just seems to miss that most of the time.

There are brief moments in time on our offense where things are really clicking and you can tell the defense is just plain guessing how to cover. Ben spreads the ball around with short passes with copious use of Mr. Miller. Then all of a sudden Arians will decide to go DEEP a few times and crush a drive.

If you want to have an offense like those top 3 teams then you better get the O-Line to give BB the time like they get.