Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 06-28-2006, 01:30 PM   #11
Black@Gold Forever32
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 2290
Default Re: P-G- Holmes was a problem "ready to explode."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillers#1
I still honestly think that the jury is still out on Holmes. I have friends who have emade the same mistakes this guy has, that don't make them a bad person. If anything, he needs our support even more now than he did as a normal rookie. I just can't wait to see this guy prove you all wrong.
Good post and I agree. We don't know all the details regarding Santonio Holmes recent arrest since we were not there. But he has been arrested twice. So thats two strikes. In my opinion a third strike and he is out.
Black@Gold Forever32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 02:50 PM   #12
Haiku_Dirtt
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 1645

Amazing that we have two players simultaneously in the news at the opposite ends of the spectrum. Larry Foote is in court to assume responsibilty and Holmes is in court because he lacks it.

Personally I wouldn't accuse Ken Herock of insulting people in lower income brackets. Unlike me, when I ripped into Holmes a couple weeks ago, he had face time with Santonio. Herock has a fiduciary duty to recognize and qualify the socioeconomics factors as well as the athleticism of the player he counsels.

The hyper-sensationlism of the 'Gangsta' mentality is an impressionable 800lb. guerilla for players like Holmes. The neighborhood influence is what I'm guessing Herock was alluding.

"Add it up -- no money, poor family background, three kids already -- something's going to happen." Sounds like a generalization but statistics don't come from the sky. Think about it. You live your whole life with little spare change then BOOM here's a million dollars after taxes in your bank account.

I might be going out on a limb here but I'm betting he's thinking Escalade and NOT 529 College Savings Plans for his 3 kids. And Bling.

Two outcomes: Holmes signs an incentive-laden low ball contract or that will be his STRIKE 3.

Oh. And for the sake of being repetitious my favorite college tailback for the last 2 years is a Titan.
Haiku_Dirtt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 03:10 PM   #13
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478

The excuse related to his sudden increase in spending power may wash when it comes to back-chatting police officers.

When it comes to assaulting a woman, I couldnt give a fig about anyones fiduciary responsibilities to socioeconomic factors.

I think its a cop out.

NM
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 03:14 PM   #14
SteelersWyo
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 66

Although Holmes' situation is a little different than Randy Moss' when he came out of college Moss was passed on until about the 21nd round becuase of the reputation he had. He did not turn out too bad. Had some trouble, but was one of the best WRs in the league. Let's wait a bit and see what happens.
SteelersWyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 03:29 PM   #15
Haiku_Dirtt
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 1645

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginthe past
The excuse related to his sudden increase in spending power may wash when it comes to back-chatting police officers.

When it comes to assaulting a woman, I couldnt give a fig about anyones fiduciary responsibilities to socioeconomic factors.

I think its a cop out.

NM
Assaulting women is a weakness.

But my comments were about Ken Herock as an NFL counselor and his "Add it up" comments in the article which is - as to my post - separate to the assualt charges. If my comments about Herock are interpreted as an excuse for Holmes choking and slapping his son's mother then I should clarify that.

Even if his son's mother starts getting physical with him he should just turn and walk out the door. If you can't handle walking away after getting b**ch-slapped by a woman then how in the hell are you going to make it the NFL. Like I said. It's a weakness.
Haiku_Dirtt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 03:32 PM   #16
nicesteel4life
Team Captain
Supporter

Member Number: 1775

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersWyo
Although Holmes' situation is a little different than Randy Moss' when he came out of college Moss was passed on until about the 21nd round becuase of the reputation he had. He did not turn out too bad. Had some trouble, but was one of the best WRs in the league. Let's wait a bit and see what happens.
EXACTLY.....He aint the first bad seed. And he could be alot worse.
I just get sick of his Babies Momma as being brought up as the Victim, we live in America. I thought we were Innocent till proven guilty? Dont ya think it odd, nothing has been said about her since. NOT A PEEP.

Believe me I am in no way saying it's proper to strike a woman. I just dont hold faith in alot of domestic disturbances when it wasent seen. He came back. Dont ya think if he would of beat the shit out of her when he seen the cops there he would of comeback, COMON

Last edited by nicesteel4life; 06-28-2006 at 03:35 PM.
nicesteel4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 03:33 PM   #17
SteelerFanInCA
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 875

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillers#1
I still honestly think that the jury is still out on Holmes. I have friends who have emade the same mistakes this guy has, that don't make them a bad person. If anything, he needs our support even more now than he did as a normal rookie. I just can't wait to see this guy prove you all wrong.
I hope so. Here's to proving us all wrong.

Hopefully that guy can get his shit together. I'm trying not to be too judgmental on this guy just yet. I'm definitley looking forward to seeing this guy play as well.

Hopefully that "ready to explode" part actually happens on the field.
SteelerFanInCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 03:50 PM   #18
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haiku_Dirtt
Assaulting women is a weakness.

But my comments were about Ken Herock as an NFL counselor and his "Add it up" comments in the article which is - as to my post - separate to the assualt charges. If my comments about Herock are interpreted as an excuse for Holmes choking and slapping his son's mother then I should clarify that.

Even if his son's mother starts getting physical with him he should just turn and walk out the door. If you can't handle walking away after getting b**ch-slapped by a woman then how in the hell are you going to make it the NFL. Like I said. It's a weakness.
Thanks for the clarification Haiku.

NM
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 03:57 PM   #19
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 5,679 Times in 2,625 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicesteel4life
EXACTLY.....He aint the first bad seed. And he could be alot worse.
I just get sick of his Babies Momma as being brought up as the Victim, we live in America. I thought we were Innocent till proven guilty? Dont ya think it odd, nothing has been said about her since. NOT A PEEP.

Believe me I am in no way saying it's proper to strike a woman. I just dont hold faith in alot of domestic disturbances when it wasent seen. He came back. Dont ya think if he would of beat the shit out of her when he seen the cops there he would of comeback, COMON
You can make just as compelling an argument that he came back to finish what he started as to say he came back because he did not do anything wrong. It is not as if he can disappear for a year and hope the law gets tired of looking for him.

Bottom line for me is that someone in their early 20s with three kids by 2 different women (neither of whom you have married or are even living with) who just had a run-in with the Miami Beach PD is more likely to be up to no good than your typical young man.

As far as not a peep out of the woman, it appears logical to assume both the prosecutors and the attorney representing her personally have told her to be quiet for now.

I bleed Black & Gold but my loyalty does not extend to rationalizing domestic violence. This guy has dug himself a huge hole in terms of what the Steelers expect from their players.
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 04:32 PM   #20
CantStop85
Living Legend

Member Number: 486

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicesteel4life
we live in America. I thought we were Innocent till proven guilty?
That applies only in the court of law...we are now in the court of public opinion.
CantStop85 is offline   Reply With Quote