Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 06-28-2006, 04:48 PM   #21
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 9,531 Times in 3,969 Posts
Default Re: P-G- Holmes was a problem "ready to explode."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan
I bleed Black & Gold but my loyalty does not extend to rationalizing domestic violence. This guy has dug himself a huge hole in terms of what the Steelers expect from their players.
what we paid to get him, and being that hes a primadonna wr, i expected a top 5 wr within 5 years. im thinking the steelers org. and players will give him a slightly bigger benefit of the doubt than the fans will. he may be kaput as far as living up to the fans hopes. he wasnt gonna do much as it was even if he had a squeaky clean image. im just glad the steelers hedged their bets with the pick of w. reid. now if he screws up i will worry. otherwise im looking at him to work his ass off to beat holmes on the depth chart.
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 04:53 PM   #22
BIGBENFASTWILLIE
Living Legend

Member Number: 618

Im sure the FO is going to let him know what they expect....
He needs money to support his three children and the 3 mothers of each child soooo.. He abetter start acting like a steeler
Old 06-28-2006, 08:18 PM   #23
SteelProven
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 394

So is the guy saying any body with a bad backround has the potential to explode. This is so stereotypical it's making me sick. He might as well called S. Holmes a "Ghetto Thug". He must need some serious "PR" to air out some rookie.
Most teams are the epitome of weakness//when Ben drops back loud talkers become speechless//welcome to the "Burgh" will show you where the beef is//come to Heinz field and LeBeau will show you where the heat is.
SteelProven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 08:26 PM   #24
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 302

Sorry folks I wont be so quick to give him a second chance. He apologized for the domestic violence, doesnt that usually mean that you were in the wrong?? If this women is telling the truth, how would you feel if it were your mother, sister, daughter or someone else close to you. I feel like a man who beats a women is not a man at all!
Old 06-28-2006, 08:30 PM   #25
SteelShooter
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 2156

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginthe past
The excuse related to his sudden increase in spending power may wash when it comes to back-chatting police officers.

When it comes to assaulting a woman, I couldnt give a fig about anyones fiduciary responsibilities to socioeconomic factors.

I think its a cop out.

NM

I agree LITP. This is, I believe, a perfect example of what we see quite a bit of in todays society.

I can have an attitude, or ignore rules/laws, or I can simply be a menace to society in general. But that's okay! Simply because...........it's someone else's fault, not mine! Either I grew up with no father and my mother was drunk, or I have this particular background, or even look at this Britney Spears thing I heard about on TV where she attempted to explain driving around with her child in her lap because "I'm country and we always drove with children on our laps." What hogwash! I grew up in the sticks of coastal Texas, very similar to the environment she grew up in, in Louisiana (I was raised very close to the LA/TX border, and have quite a bit of Cajun blood running through my veins). I remember seeing this also....but I am responsible enough to know better now.

Arrrrgh! This mentality is so very frustrating................
SteelShooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 08:40 PM   #26
Black@Gold Forever32
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 2290

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevestinks
Sorry folks I wont be so quick to give him a second chance. He apologized for the domestic violence, doesnt that usually mean that you were in the wrong?? If this women is telling the truth, how would you feel if it were your mother, sister, daughter or someone else close to you. I feel like a man who beats a women is not a man at all!
Trust me I can't stand men that hit women. I agree with you Cleve, any man that hits a women isn't a man. But when its all said it done Santonio is going to be paid to produce and help win football games....Not to be a model citizen or a decent human being. I liked Holmes before these recent arrests. But these arrests have me thinking different now.

I also don't know all the details regarding this recent arrest. So I can't pass full judgement on Santonio. But like I said one of the sad side of pro sports is Santonio isn't paid to be a good guy but to produce and help win football games. I take pride that the Steelers put some much stock into character and usually avoid turds. But its looking like Santonio fits the turd label.

We shall see though. He has two strikes and I say three strikes and your out. So if there is a third strike. The Steelers should say bye bye to Santonio Holmes.
Black@Gold Forever32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 10:51 AM   #27
redst3
Starter
Supporter

Member Number: 480

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginthe past
I find it odd that people are so willingly to believe that the woman in question here, the mother of one of Santonio's children no less, is some crazed money grabber who submits false reports to the police.

Pretty much everything I have heard about Holmes so far would make me side with the woman in this case.

NM

Kind of reminds me of Corey Dillon.
redst3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 10:53 AM   #28
redst3
Starter
Supporter

Member Number: 480

We can talk all day about this cat. He sounds like a problem to me. I hope they rid themselves of him.
redst3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 03:59 PM   #29
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478

Quote:
Originally Posted by redst3
Kind of reminds me of Corey Dillon.
You want to remind me again when Corey Dillon was arrested for assaulting a woman?

Or do you mean 'kind of' as in 'not at all' ?

NM
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 06:25 PM   #30
SteelersWyo
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 66

Last first round WR I can remember the Steelers taking was Plaxico. Not a big head ache in a legal sense, but he sucked on the field. Hope that doesn't happen again. Hines was what 3rd round? And how has he turned out?
SteelersWyo is offline   Reply With Quote