Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Steelers Draft Central > ** The War Room 2012 **

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 01-12-2012, 10:19 AM   #1
MDSteel15
Team President

Member Number: 8170
My Mood: Blah
Default Imagine this MOCK....

Let's say Max Starks' injury has officially ended his tenure here. Potsie retires along with Aaron Smith and some other defensive players! We know we need a guard on the o-line and pretend we finally got some balls to spend money.
So picture this!

We sign:
Jared Gaither (KC) - OT to replace Starks.. Definately proved with Chiefs there are no issues w/ his back!
Carl Nicks (NO) - OG would complete the left side of the line!

Draft:
1st: Vontaz Burfict -ILB- Arizona State - obviously Potsie's replacement that will split time with Foote.
2nd: Kelechi Osemele -G- Iowa St - even if we do sign Nicks we need top O-linmen for now and the future!
3rd: Alameda Ta'amu -NT- Washington - if Hampton can't make it back we need more at the point of attack than what we have!
4th: Winston Guy Jr. ,S, Kentucky
5th: Case Keenum -QB- Houston - I know I know.. but he would learn behind Ben and Lefty and I think he would be an asset as a backup with the tools he has.
6th: Randy Bullocks -K- Texas A&M - need a replacement PERIOD
7th: flip a coin!!!

Last edited by MDSteel15; 01-13-2012 at 07:55 AM.
MDSteel15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 11:31 AM   #2
FireOmarTomlin
Water Boy

Member Number: 20662
Default Re: Imagine this MOCK....

Burfict and Demps are my 2 "must-haves" that realistically they should be in position to draft (aka someone would be massively overreaching to take them earlier) Burfict will be even better than Timmons (though not in year 1, but he can start) and Demps will be the next Sproles in the league .

I'm not sure Hampton will be back this year at all. He's fat as hell and rehab will be SLOW accordingly

like the way you seem to think

not sure how cap will work out with people leaving, and needing to extend their young WR corps coming up soon, but would love it if they can pic up Nicks for a year or two. the two areas your draft doesn't hit on is S/TE, which I think are needs soon too

FireOmarTomlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 12:05 PM   #3
MDSteel15
Team President

I think TE is fine for another year unless we let worthless Jonhson go! And other than Barron, I don't know of any FS that is worth taking....
Old 01-12-2012, 02:19 PM   #4
MDSteel15
Team President

Change made since Demps is trying for the Olympics!
Old 01-12-2012, 03:55 PM   #5
BLACK_AND_YELLOW
Head Coach

Member Number: 18312
Thanked 2,015 Times in 954 Posts
My Mood: Relaxed

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDSteel15 View Post
Let's say Max Starks' injury has officially ended his tenure here. Potsie retires along with Aaron Smith and some other defensive players! We know we need a guard on the o-line and pretend we finally got some balls to spend money.
So picture this!

We sign:
Jared Gaither (KC) - OT to replace Starks.. Definately proved with Chiefs there are no issues w/ his back!
Carl Nicks (NO) - OG would complete the left side of the line!

Draft:
1st: Vontaz Burfict -ILB- Arizona State - obviously Potsie's replacement that will split time with Foote.
2nd: Kelechi Osemele -G- Iowa St - even if we do sign Nicks we need top O-linmen for now and the future!
3rd: Alameda Ta'amu -NT- Washington - if Hampton can't make it back we need more at the point of attack than what we have!
4th: Bacarri Rambo ,S, Georgia
5th: Nate Potter -OT- Boise State - we need help on the line and he projects well at ROT...I belive this is the extra pick from the Jets for Santonio Holmes!
5th: Case Keenum -QB- Houston - I know I know.. but he would learn behind Ben and Lefty and I think he would be an asset as a backup with the tools he has.
6th: Randy Bullocks -K- Texas A&M - need a replacement PERIOD
7th: flip a coin!!!
Bacarri Rambo will not fall out of the 2nd round to great of a player
BLACK_AND_YELLOW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 04:15 PM   #6
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 3,506 Times in 1,522 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACK_AND_YELLOW View Post
Bacarri Rambo will not fall out of the 2nd round to great of a player
rambo won't be in any rd...
Georgia FS Bacarri Rambo to return for senior season
http://redandblack.com/2012/01/11/ge...senior-season/

carl nicks is going to get a big fat contract from someone , but it won't be the steelers

the steelers already got the 5th rd pick for holmes in 2010 . they traded it to arizona for mcfadden and a 6th rd pick which they used on antonio brown ....

burfict is a personal foul magnet . he had a big drop off in production this year. don't know how appealing he'll be to tomlin.

keenum = colt brennan.

i like the 2 and 3 picks , but i have my doubts about them being there when the steelers pick. especially ta'auma he's probably a mid second rounder or could be this years bj raji and go in the 1st with a good senior bowl . maybe a josh chapman is more realistic.

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

Last edited by MasterOfPuppets; 01-12-2012 at 05:06 PM.
MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 05:16 PM   #7
pete74
Super Moderator
Supporter

Member Number: 15921

Ya ta'amu will be gone. If he has a good prissy houston or denver will grab him in the 1st, if not he will be gone in the 2nd. I would love to grab him in round 2 if we don't get Poe in the 1st
Old 01-13-2012, 07:17 AM   #8
MDSteel15
Team President

Changed the fourth pick to Winston Guy Jr., S, Kentucky
Old 01-13-2012, 04:50 PM   #9
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 3,506 Times in 1,522 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDSteel15 View Post
Changed the fourth pick to Winston Guy Jr., S, Kentucky
lol...but yet you left an extra 5th pick up for holmes even though we used that pick 2 years ago ?

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 11:21 AM   #10
ItalianSteelersFan178443
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 20776

Although I love Burficts ability, ILB is definitely the most needed positiion on this team, With a guys like C. Minnifield, or S. Gilmore, or J. Jenkins, or hopefully A. Dennard still at #24 we would be stupid not to take a CB. IT24 doesnt have much left in the take and proved that against denver. Gay is going to be a free agent and although we will resign him he is best at the slot. Lewis is terrible and should stay on the sideline at all times and we have to rookies in C. Allen and C. Brown who really didnt get enough time this year, but I think CB is the biggest need especially in this NFL passing league now. I do like K. Osemele as a 2nd RD pick though, he is a big tough versatile guy and can play both OG and OT positions, we need depth and help at the line. for the rest of the draft I would probably take one maybe two more lineman, but we need to start rebuilding that defense. We have a lot of free agents that can come back for cheap. Kevin Colbert and Art Rooney will definitely not go after any FA's so its up to signing cheap guys and drafting great ones
ItalianSteelersFan178443 is offline   Reply With Quote