Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

View Poll Results: What type of CB will Cortez Allen be
Probowl number one type corner sometime in the next two years and for years to come. 5 19.23%
solid townsend type CB 19 73.08%
not to bad, not to good. Nickel CB for a few years 2 7.69%
not gonna make it as a starter and will fade away over the next few years 0 0%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-13-2012, 09:24 PM   #1
60_MINUTES
Bench Warmer
 

Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Virginia, small town
Posts: 261
Gender: Male
Member Number: 20464
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Cortez Allen

Okay guys I may get eat up on this Im not sure.. but I just see something in this kid and Im gonna post it. If it comes back to haunt me you guys can say I suck and missed it when the time comes. Anyway Im coming out now and saying I think this kid is gonna be a probowl number one type CB.. He has it all.. I look for him to take the same kind of jump that Troy did from year one to year two.. Even Troy P looked average his first year out,but then we all know what happened in year two..

Im not saying Allen will be the next Troy.. ( For GOD sake Troy is the best player I ever saw IMO ) but I say Allen is def a number one ProBOWl CB.. Im not 100 percent he shows to be a true number one this coming year, heck with Tomlins dumb ass he may not give him the chance to show it a full year this year but Im saying as he goes into the next few years and if given the opptunity this year that he will become a number one pro bowl type CB.. Not to mention this guy is a Rooney kind of guy.. A great person.. I at least see him as a solid number 2 townsend type guy but Im going on a limb here and saying we have our next great solid pro bowl CB.

. So what do you guys think??? Dont dodge the question with if this or if that.. call it off what you have observed so far you got 4 choices.................

1. Probowl CB sometime in the next 2 years and for years to come
2. Solid number 2 Townsend type
3. Not too bad, not to great prob a nickel back for a few years
4. wont end up being a starter at all and will fade out over the next 4 years
60_MINUTES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 09:31 PM   #2
Goldsteel86
Head Coach
Supporter
 
Goldsteel86's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,626
Member Number: 16432
Thanks: 512
Thanked 1,213 Times in 648 Posts
Default Re: Cortez Allen

Quote:
Originally Posted by 60_MINUTES View Post
Okay guys I may get eat up on this Im not sure.. but I just see something in this kid and Im gonna post it. If it comes back to haunt me you guys can say I suck and missed it when the time comes. Anyway Im coming out now and saying I think this kid is gonna be a probowl number one type CB.. He has it all.. I look for him to take the same kind of jump that Troy did from year one to year two.. Even Troy P looked average his first year out,but then we all know what happened in year two..

Im not saying Allen will be the next Troy.. ( For GOD sake Troy is the best player I ever saw IMO ) but I say Allen is def a number one ProBOWl CB.. Im not 100 percent he shows to be a true number one this coming year, heck with Tomlins dumb ass he may not give him the chance to show it a full year this year but Im saying as he goes into the next few years and if given the opptunity this year that he will become a number one pro bowl type CB.. Not to mention this guy is a Rooney kind of guy.. A great person.. I at least see him as a solid number 2 townsend type guy but Im going on a limb here and saying we have our next great solid pro bowl CB.

. So what do you guys think??? Dont dodge the question with if this or if that.. call it off what you have observed so far you got 4 choices.................

1. Probowl CB sometime in the next 2 years and for years to come
2. Solid number 2 Townsend type
3. Not too bad, not to great prob a nickel back for a few years
4. wont end up being a starter at all and will fade out over the next 4 years
I truly believe if he is given the chance he can be a star in that defensive backfield!!!!
Goldsteel86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 09:34 PM   #3
60_MINUTES
Bench Warmer
 

Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Virginia, small town
Posts: 261
Gender: Male
Member Number: 20464
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Cortez Allen

IF the kid is that good it sure changes what our CB problem looks like for the future.. We could go O line or NT or ILB this year and worry about CB next year..and of course I think thats what we should do.. this guy is gonna get picks as well.. he has good hands. I dont see him in someones hip pocket like IKE has been over the years.. I dont see him as a shut down never catch the ball against him CB like IKE has been in the past.. but with his hands I see him as a probowl player a number one type guy that covers very well and gives our O the ball. Basically a Townsend with better size and better speed.. Townsend was a solid number two.. he was just a little to slow and small to be a number one probowl guy.. I think Allen is just a step above townsends skill set and will have a great run with the Steelers...
60_MINUTES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 09:37 PM   #4
60_MINUTES
Bench Warmer
 

Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Virginia, small town
Posts: 261
Gender: Male
Member Number: 20464
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Cortez Allen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldsteel86 View Post
I truly believe if he is given the chance he can be a star in that defensive backfield!!!!





Alright man.. I hear ya.. lets hope we are both right about this.. I really think we need a couple lineman over the next couple years with top 3 picks. a ILB somewhere in there, A NT in there and prob another RB somewhere in there if Mendy doesnt come back healthy.. along with in two years another OLB.. so if Allen can be the man it sure helps trying to replace some stars the next couple of years
60_MINUTES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 09:41 PM   #5
Goldsteel86
Head Coach
Supporter
 
Goldsteel86's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,626
Member Number: 16432
Thanks: 512
Thanked 1,213 Times in 648 Posts
Default Re: Cortez Allen

Quote:
Originally Posted by 60_MINUTES View Post


Alright man.. I hear ya.. lets hope we are both right about this.. I really think we need a couple lineman over the next couple years with top 3 picks. a ILB somewhere in there, A NT in there and prob another RB somewhere in there if Mendy doesnt come back healthy.. along with in two years another OLB.. so if Allen can be the man it sure helps trying to replace some stars the next couple of years
Have to focus on the OL in this draft after that a stud that can rush the passer, I believe with Allen and Ike in the defensive backfield we may be solid.
Goldsteel86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 09:51 PM   #6
60_MINUTES
Bench Warmer
 

Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Virginia, small town
Posts: 261
Gender: Male
Member Number: 20464
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Cortez Allen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldsteel86 View Post
Have to focus on the OL in this draft after that a stud that can rush the passer, I believe with Allen and Ike in the defensive backfield we may be solid.


You have the exact same view that me and my best bud do.. Thats pretty much exactly the way I see it as well.. Im so tired of having O line problems and as much as I know we may need ILB and NT.. we need O line more.. Every year its depressing seeing essex, or john scott or a TE running on the field towards the end of the season. If we bring starks back and hes healthy then I say at least go O line first round.. if Starks is not gonna make it back I say you have to go O line with 2 out of the first 3 picks... and again your spot on with the rush OLB.. we will need him prob not this april but the next.. thats why I sure hope we are right about Allen
60_MINUTES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 09:55 PM   #7
Goldsteel86
Head Coach
Supporter
 
Goldsteel86's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,626
Member Number: 16432
Thanks: 512
Thanked 1,213 Times in 648 Posts
Default Re: Cortez Allen

Quote:
Originally Posted by 60_MINUTES View Post
You have the exact same view that me and my best bud do.. Thats pretty much exactly the way I see it as well.. Im so tired of having O line problems and as much as I know we may need ILB and NT.. we need O line more.. Every year its depressing seeing essex, or john scott or a TE running on the field towards the end of the season. If we bring starks back and hes healthy then I say at least go O line first round.. if Starks is not gonna make it back I say you have to go O line with 2 out of the first 3 picks... and again your spot on with the rush OLB.. we will need him prob not this april but the next.. thats why I sure hope we are right about Allen
The ILB problem will fix itself, but the Ol and lack of pass rush won't. I am not interested in the BPA, time to address some needs, IMO!!!!
Goldsteel86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 10:23 PM   #8
60_MINUTES
Bench Warmer
 

Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Virginia, small town
Posts: 261
Gender: Male
Member Number: 20464
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Cortez Allen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldsteel86 View Post
The ILB problem will fix itself, but the Ol and lack of pass rush won't. I am not interested in the BPA, time to address some needs, IMO!!!!

Right I agree with that.. I cant stand the BPA people.. they are wrong.. If you got Barrry Sanders in his second year as a RB and that year in the draft Adrian Peterson comes up at your pick then you dont take him.. However I do agree most teams need at least 2 or 3 things going into a draft.. so I do think most years you take the BPA for one of those spots.. meaning even if you need ILB a little more than anythiing and NT is your second need you still go NT first if the next Hampton is there and the only thing left at ILB is a earl holmes... a Holmes is not bad but hampton is a probowler for years to come... However this year I would go against that theory a little.. I say we got to have O line no matter what.. there has got to be a guard or T at 24 that will be worth the 24 pick. As far as ILB I dont think its on our Roster... I think we gonna have to address it with a number 2 pick sometime in the next two years..
60_MINUTES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 10:44 PM   #9
PhantomJB93
Team President
 
PhantomJB93's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Blacksburg, VA
Posts: 2,149
Gender: Male
Member Number: 13907
Thanks: 530
Thanked 1,122 Times in 537 Posts
My Mood: Drunk
Default Re: Cortez Allen

Eh, I think he can be a solid #2 but noone on this roster strikes me as a true shutdown, #1 corner. That's something I think we'll need to draft in the first round or two in the future, but doesn't need to be addressed until Ike retires or seriously regresses.

Not many Pro Bowl caliber CBs are found outside of the first round nowadays. Not that all CB talent is found there, just saying those elite, shutdown, Pro Bowl guys like you're talking about are almost always first round athletes. Cortez has the size but not so much the speed and instinctive fluidity those kinds of guys have.
PhantomJB93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 10:44 PM   #10
tanda10506
Team President
 
tanda10506's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Smoky Mountains, TN
Posts: 2,104
Gender: Male
Member Number: 17319
Thanks: 814
Thanked 367 Times in 206 Posts
Default Re: Cortez Allen

We've drafted for the line the last two years and it has worked out well, but we need to make sure Max Starks is back next year and get a FA guard. I know it's more our style to draft, but we don't have the time to wait a few years for a starter, we need it now.
tanda10506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:02 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts