Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Old 06-28-2006, 09:35 PM   #1
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Member Number: 70
Lightbulb Just for the record....

Just a few things to get off my chest so if you all will endulge me for a few minutes I'd appreciate it.

SF has seen its member base increase dramatically ever since the playoffs last year and its moving forward, full steam. That's awesome and we're growing in a big way and getting noticed by everyone from local newspapers to steelers.com and everything in between. We appreciate each and every one of you and the insight you bring here. We wouldnt be here without you and thats the the truth so thank you all and keep up the good work and enjoy yourselves.

That being said...

Blast Furnace:

It's a football smack talk forum, not a personal vendetta name calling forum. We're supposed to be debating, allbeit in a heated manner since thats what its for, about football. Dont make it personal because it shouldnt be and its not meant to be. It was created for those who like to get it on with rival board members about teams, players, coaches, etc. Just let it go at that. We allow more adult language in there and we allow discussions to get alittle more crazy because lets face it, we're all passionate fans of our team and for those of us that like to debate in a smack type of way, we've obliged and created the BF just for it. But keep anything personal in regards to a persons family, friends, pets, ethnicity, etc out of it because we cant tolerate it and if/when we catch it the post will either be deleted or edit'd and you'll get a warning from one of us to chill out.

Leaving members:

Recently some members have left of their own accord and for their own reasons. It's their business and while we'd like them to stay just like anyone else, they are free to do what they feel is best for them. If they come back, thats great and welcome back... if they don't, so be it, we'll continue to move forward and keep SF going in a positive direction.

Personal issues with other members:

If you have an issue with another member, for whatever reason please bring it to the attention of the mods by reporting the post or PMing us. Dont keep going back and forth arguing and beating a dead horse on a subject. If you dont agree and the other member won't debate it with you in a civil manner, then just walk away and find another thread to post in. If you feel you need to bring it to the attention of the moderators then by all means please do so and we'll investigate the matter and see what/if anything needs to be done. We can't promise we'll always agree with you or that your request can be obliged but we'll certainly afford you the courtesy and respect to check into it. Thats what we're here for. Fighting and carrying on in the public forums does no good and rarely solves anything...not to mention it makes the reputation of SF in general, suffer because potential and current members see the bickering and fighting and it can drive them away from participating. So please if you have an issue, debate it in an adult manner and if you cant do so, just walk away and let us know so we can step in if need be.

Management...

SF is alot busier than we even anticipated during the offseason and to be quite frankly its a bit hard to keep up these days with all the new posts and threads that go up. We only have so much time each day so we try to watch things as much as possible but inevitably things slip through the cracks and we may miss them. PLEASE dont be afraid to use that report posts option that you see in every post and thread on SF. If you dont like something, report it..we get emailed immediately when you do and one of us will check it out as soon as we can and step in if need be. That way you're sure that your concern will be addressed quickly. Hopefully soon we'll be adding another moderator to the team to help out which will be good. Prosdo and I may be the official "police" so to speak on the forums but if everyone can be a concerned citizen we can all work together to make sure that the rules are being enforced in the proper manner and that any innapropriate content is removed in a timely manner. We're pretty easy going mods as you can tell, and even though things are busy these days, if you're doing something against the rules, we'll find ya and deal with it so please just keep up the great Steelers chats and lets all work together. We dont want to over moderate, that is not the goal. That leads to stale and boring conversations on a board. Just be yourself and have fun, but be aware of the rules set forth in the laws of the land.

All in all SF is a great place and we don't want to lose the good rep we've built among Steelers sites on the net. We want to grow and move forward and we hope you all stick along for the ride.
BlitzburghRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 10:31 PM   #2
Prosdo
Banned

Member Number: 86
Default Re: Just for the record....

Awesome post Matt! It couldn't have been put any better!
Prosdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 09:46 AM   #3
steelerdude
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 2232

Thanks for all that you do.
Old 06-29-2006, 11:11 AM   #4
BlackNGold203
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 1217

It's an absolutely fantastic site...kudos to all who make it happen....

I've found in my experience that when you put a large, diverse, and in the case of the internet, "anonymous" group of people together...you will have some issues...Personally?...I look past the BS and totally enjoy the shared information...the humor (of which there is plenty)...and the spirited football talk.

If some choose to abuse this opportunity we all have to interact...then by all means..use the tools available to report them...

Again...kudos to all admins and mods...and a hearty SALUTE to all mt SF brothers and sisters who use this forum in the spirit with which it was created.

Old 06-29-2006, 02:41 PM   #5
floodcitygirl
Team Owner

Member Number: 1784

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackNGold203
It's an absolutely fantastic site...kudos to all who make it happen....

I've found in my experience that when you put a large, diverse, and in the case of the internet, "anonymous" group of people together...you will have some issues...Personally?...I look past the BS and totally enjoy the shared information...the humor (of which there is plenty)...and the spirited football talk.

If some choose to abuse this opportunity we all have to interact...then by all means..use the tools available to report them...

Again...kudos to all admins and mods...and a hearty SALUTE to all mt SF brothers and sisters who use this forum in the spirit with which it was created.

Can there be any question as to why Blitz is a mod???
floodcitygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 06:44 PM   #6
Blitzburgh55
Starter

Member Number: 481

Great Post

Cant Touch This
A New Year. A New Ring. A New Hand.
Blitzburgh55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 06:49 PM   #7
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478

Thanks Blitz.

Im certainly looking forward to a blast furnace where other members (regardless of team affiliation) dont get personally abused.

I think light hearted team/ rival player smack is good fun.

You and Prosdo do a great job I think, I know I find it hard enough work just being intelligent and insightful

Thanks again guys.

NM
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 07:34 PM   #8
SteelerzGirl
Banned

Member Number: 689

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity
But keep anything personal in regards to a persons family, friends, pets, ethnicity, etc out of it because we cant tolerate it and if/when we catch it the post will either be deleted or edit'd and you'll get a warning from one of us to chill out.
What about those who wish death upon our members? Does that fall under the "etc" category, or is wishing death upon our members acceptable? Just wonderin'...
SteelerzGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 08:30 PM   #9
silver & black
Team President

Member Number: 1836

Just thought I would chime in here, and let you know that, as a fan of another team, I really enjoy this forum. I have been made to feel welcome here, even though I bleed Silver and Black!

The Steeler fans here are some very cool people, (for the most part) and I enjoy the posts, and the "all in fun" bantering with fans from other teams as well.

This is the only football forum other than RF.net that I visit regularly. Thank you all for making me feel welcome here.
silver & black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 08:45 PM   #10
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Member Number: 70

I appreciate all the great responses from everyone, and rep points to all of you tonight. I love SF as much as anyone, since the beginning when we were a small site with very little traffic to watching it flourish is something that makes me proud to be a member.

Mike does all the behind the scenes stuff for SF so this place wouldnt run without him...and to Prosdo, my Mod sister You're doing an awesome job girl!

Thanks to all the members again, you're the reason we're here today and the reason we move forward at such a rapid pace.

And SteelerzGirl, its being taken under advisement.
BlitzburghRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote