Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 01-15-2012, 04:04 PM   #111
jjpro11
Living Legend

Member Number: 3559
Default Re: Texans Vs. Ravens Game

[QUOTE=BleedPurple;984595]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItalianSteelersFan178443 View Post

k, enjoy the AFCCG--too bad you won't be there for us to knock you off for 3 in a row. Maybe you should have had Terry Bradshaw play Tebow since you seem to think that is still relevant.
we would have loved knocking the Ravens out of the playoffs for the fourth straight time.. lucky for you guys it will be the Patriots instead.
Old 01-15-2012, 04:07 PM   #112
BleedPurple
Starter

Member Number: 19142

Quote:
k, enjoy the AFCCG--too bad you won't be there for us to knock you off for 3 in a row.

So i made my point across to you, thats good! F****** finally! Yeah we wont be in the AFCCG that makes you better than us for what 1 season? Yippeee congrats on making it to the AFCCG btw.
Thank you. Work on that quote button for next season.
BleedPurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 04:12 PM   #113
ItalianSteelersFan178443
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 20776

Okay I am just going to ignore that there is a Ravens fan in a Steelers forum.
ItalianSteelersFan178443 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 04:16 PM   #114
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter

Member Number: 3236
Thanked 3,245 Times in 1,280 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedPurple View Post
Since the Ravens became a team, you have 2 rings, we have 1. If we are talking ancient history, the Baltimore Colts have 5 championship wins, so. . . 6 RINGS 6 RINGS.

lol couch gloating.
It's kida hard to talk smack when our team has gone fishin. But let me ask you this, did the city win those championships or the colts organization and did those championships stay with the city or did they move on with the team? And besides didn't the rats come from clowntown?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MACH1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 04:23 PM   #115
BleedPurple
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACH1 View Post
It's kida hard to talk smack when our team has gone fishin. But let me ask you this, did the city win those championships or the colts organization and did those championships stay with the city or did they move on with the team? And besides didn't the rats come from clowntown?
I'm a home town guy, so I will always view those aswins for the town of Baltimore. But I see where you're coming from.
Old 01-15-2012, 04:27 PM   #116
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 5,107 Times in 2,389 Posts

Quote:
Okay I am just going to ignore that there is a Ravens fan in a Steelers forum.
Smart move- my mistake in feeding the troll - like pigeons and geese a troll will not go away unless you quit feeding it
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 08:46 PM   #117
EdgarAllenPoe
Water Boy

Member Number: 20623

I'm a Ravens fan (could you guess by the name?) but further out, I'm an AFC North fan, but most importantly of all, I'm a Football fan. I love everything about, I love the seriousness, I love the feeling you get in your gut when your team is in the 4th Quarter stretch and down by 6. I love it all, and I like to talk about football, that's why I'm here I guess, and the best place to talk about football is a place where everyone won't agree with you.

On topic, why? For some reason it seems like Steelers fans now-a-days only want us to lose. "Did you hear the Ravens are going against the Texans next week? I hope they lose, I hope they go out in the second round." Why though? Not at a single point during the playoffs did I utter the words, "I hope the Steelers go out first round." They did, and I was disappointed, not out of the game they played, that was a great game and I was hanging on my seat for every minute. I was disappointed because we wouldn't be able to see the Steelers in the AFC Championship game, because seeing two AFC North teams up there, seeing two great teams that have been with me since birth up there, would've just capped a great season for us, win or lose.

We beat the Texans today, did we do it efficiently? No, but we beat them. The usual fanfare from what I've seen on the forum came down upon us, "Ratbirds", "Dirtybirds" or whatever you'd like to call us. For a second though, stop thinking about us as some kind of hellspawn city, borne only out of lust to down the Steelers. No, we were never that, and if you really think that the Steelers were the only blip on the radar, you need to remember that you aren't the only team in the NFL and far from the only team that matters.

Say what you will, call us Ratbirds, call us Dirtybirds, call us whatever the hell you want to. We proved this season that we're the Ravens, and we play football just like any other team that you can think of. Do we lose? Yes. Are we perfect? No, but one thing we are is resilient, and that gentlemen is what football is about. So for once, stop thinking of us as some kind of Satan Spawn, and look at us like a football team, like we've always looked at you.

That's all I guess, nice forum you got here. If you got something interesting to say, I'll respond to it,
EdgarAllenPoe

Last edited by EdgarAllenPoe; 01-16-2012 at 12:19 AM.
EdgarAllenPoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 09:26 PM   #118
BleedPurple
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdgarAllenPoe View Post
I'm a Ravens fan (could you guess by the name?) but further out, I'm an AFC North fan, but most importantly of all, I'm a Football fan. . . . [and all the rest]
EdgarAllenPoe
It's like peace in the middle east my friend--not going to happen. If you show respect for the Steelers but love for your team you get nothing but bile. Better to just come to a thread only when you are ready for someone to hate on you and be prepared to sling some crap talk back(sometimes even if you agree with them on the topic of the thread).
Old 01-15-2012, 11:12 PM   #119
SteelCurtain5643
Starter

Member Number: 12838

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdgarAllenPoe View Post
I'm a Ravens fan (could you guess by the name?) but further out, I'm an AFC North fan, but most importantly of all, I'm a Football fan. I love everything about, I love the seriousness, I love the feeling you get in your gut when your team is in the 4th Quarter stretch and down by 6. I love it all, and I like to talk about football, that's why I'm here I guess, and the best place to talk about football is a place where everyone won't agree with you.

On topic, why? For some reason it seems like Steelers fans now-a-days only want us to lose. "Did you hear the Ravens are going against the Texans next week? I hope they lose, I hope they go out in the second round." Why though? Not at a single point during the playoffs did I utter the words, "I hope the Steelers go out first round." They did, and I was disappointed, not out of the game they played, that was a great game and I was hanging on my seat for every minute. I was disappointed because we wouldn't be able to see the Steelers in the AFC Championship game, because seeing two AFC North teams up there, seeing two great teams that have been with me since birth up there, would've just capped a great season for us, win or lose.

We beat the Texans today, did we do it efficiently? No, but we beat them. The usual fanfare from what I've seen on the forum came down upon us, "Ratbirds", "Dirtybirds" or whatever you'd like to call us. For a second though, stop thinking about us as some kind of hellspawn city, borne only out of lust to down the Steelers. No, we were never that, and if you really think that the Steelers were the only blip on the radar, you need to remember that you aren't the only team in the NFL and far from the only team that matters.

Say what you will, call us Ratbirds, call us Dirtybirds, call us whatever the hell you want to. We proved this season that we're the Ravens, and we play football just like any other team that you can think of. Do we lose? Yes. Are we perfect? No, but one thing we are is resilient, and that gentlemen is what football is about. So for once, stop thinking of us as some kind of Satan Spawn, and look at us like a football, like we've always looked at you.

That's all I guess, nice forum you got here. If you got something interesting to say, I'll respond to it,
EdgarAllenPoe
There are too many reasons at why we hate you guys. I personally dont understand why ravens fans would want to be on a steelers board? I'm not on a ravens board, it just doesnt make sense to me.
SteelCurtain5643 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 11:17 PM   #120
ItalianSteelersFan178443
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 20776

I wouldn't hate the Ravens so much if you guys just really understood that your team has 0 success since 2000. We beat you twice to go the Super Bowl, we have won the AFC North more since 2000, and we can win road playoff games. You guys envy our team so much that you hate us, you hate us because of our success, you hate us cause we beat you guys when it really counts, you hate us cause our QB is better than yours. So you have no reason to hate us. And why you are on a STEELERS board is still very odd. Its like a dog eating cat food, it just doesn't make sense so go away!
ItalianSteelersFan178443 is offline   Reply With Quote