Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 06-30-2006, 12:42 PM   #11
Sharkissle29
Team President

Member Number: 910
Default Re: How now, Bill Cowher?: Suddenly, coach leaving future with Steelers open

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Terminator
Personally, I think it's all a ploy by Cowher to get the same contract that Holmgren got, because I can't see him walking way from $7-8 million per season, no matter how much "the grind" gets to him.
i would say that, but the Cowhers moving to NC makes me wonder....
Old 06-30-2006, 01:14 PM   #12
SteelersMongol
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 2401
Default Re: How now, Bill Cowher?: Suddenly, coach leaving future with Steelers open

Quote:
Originally Posted by St33lers
i would say that, but the Cowhers moving to NC makes me wonder....
Wasn't the CALI's governator talking about getting some NFL teams in CA little while ago? Does it have something to do with that?

BTW, there was one article about estabishing two new conferences in NFL, including Europe and Mexico, Canada, and California. I was gonna ask you guys if anyone has seen it. If you know where it's at, could you post it here as new thread. I thought it was really interesting.
Old 06-30-2006, 01:25 PM   #13
Lyn
Banned

Member Number: 304

It would not shock me if he quits after another year or two. He's a hard working guy who has achieved a rare level of success in his field (no pun intended). His youngest kid will be out of the house in a few years and he is thinking about his future. That event will certainly be stressful for the Steelers Nation, but it was when Emperor Chas left and things worked out. :)
Lyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 04:33 PM   #14
NV STEELERS 723
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 2572

I would hate to see Cowher go too...I don't think he will...now that we have a QB that doesn't throw it to the other team, we have a chance to be the team of the 2000's!

GO STEELERS!
NV STEELERS 723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 04:19 AM   #15
Haiku_Dirtt
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 1645

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Terminator
Personally, I think it's all a ploy by Cowher to get the same contract that Holmgren got, because I can't see him walking way from $7-8 million per season, no matter how much "the grind" gets to him.
Normally I would say "yeah!" But not now. Cowher can leave the NFL for 3-5 years to watch his kids. Good for him... why not!

I'm on record here. Cowher will come back to the NFL in Carolina with ownership if Fox can't get it done.

He'll never get a slice of the STeelers. Elsewhere?

Call me crazy but the plan is in place. And Art II is going with Whiz.
Haiku_Dirtt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 04:41 AM   #16
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009

First, while the negotiation ploy is debatable, I still can't help but think that the relationship between Cowher and the Rooney's is more open and understanding, meaning Cowher would not need some type of "ploy" in order to get that bigger paycheck. I think both parties are pretty much open when it comes to communication and contract situations. Personally, I don't feel it's a ploy on Cowher's part.

Second, this guy has been coaching for a long time and yet, he's still young. The coaching business takes a toll on a man. I would not be surprised to see Cowher "take a break", not "retire" for a period of time. On that note, if he wins the Super Bowl during this upcoming season then he may stick around for another year to try for three in a row.

Third, I still think Whiz is going to fill the role of HC. Just a hunch.
Old 07-01-2006, 04:42 AM   #17
BlacknGold Bleeder
Team Captain
Supporter

Member Number: 1254

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackNGold203

Wiz stayed for a reason...I do believe he is being primed as the next HC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haiku_Dirtt
He'll never get a slice of the STeelers. Elsewhere?

Call me crazy but the plan is in place. And Art II is going with Whiz.
WiZ didn't have a choiceby the time the S.B. was over, all the H.C. worth taking were gone.
Very few coaches get a piece of any team and I seriuosly doubt Cowher would want a part of any other team,even if he is coaching.

I also doubt Wiz will be next Coach here, Rooney's won't promote from with in. THey'll pull a name out of nowhere like Cowher was. Noll certainly had qualified assts. and none were chosen. IMHO
Old 07-01-2006, 09:25 AM   #18
Stlrs4Life
Tailgate Coordinator
Supporter

Member Number: 419

This subject is getting old. It is the media once again, jumping to conclusions cause they have nothing else to write about.

It's not just Steeler Football, it's a way of Life! "I'm a Champion"
Stlrs4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 11:34 AM   #19
Big D
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 2313

Let me be the devils advocate here without being nailed with negative rep points are be backlashed for this post.. How many of you wanted to throw Cowher under the bus before the 04 season. How many of you were b!tching about why he couldnt win the big games and held him responsible for the few losing seasno we had under cowher. I've been a die hard steeler fan my whole life. But at times the past 15 years I have had seveal questions on cowher. Once again i'm being devils advocate. I have nothing but appreciation for what he has done for the steeler organization. All i'm saying is how many fans talked nothing but smack about him before the superbowl and wanted change. I look forward to watching Cowher on the sideline this year and hopefully the next few years.
Big D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 02:18 PM   #20
Big D
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 2313
Smile Re: How now, Bill Cowher?: Suddenly, coach leaving future with Steelers open

but all in all I think cowher is doing this for contract leverage
Big D is offline   Reply With Quote