Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Old 01-22-2012, 06:34 PM   #71
TRH
Living Legend

Member Number: 17206
Default Re: Do you really want an NFC team to win?.

the Giants have a great defense and a great offense. They should be able to dismantle the Patriots. Should.......

Its funny...all the talk this year about the Patriots "sub-par" defense and how they're not that good, etc, etc, etc, and we all had to listen to Phil Simms today go on and on and on how great they are, big they are, tough they are. If he could kiss their *** any more, he would be getting down on one knee to Brady and asking for his hand in marriage.
TRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 08:42 PM   #72
Buddha Bus
Piss Monkey
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedPurple View Post
Yes, the majority. Say it with me-- MA JOR I TY --you won in the '70s, as in 4 of 6, most, the largest percentage of, more than half, not the minority, the lion's share, the greater amount. Did that help?
What exactly is your point here? Even if you want to dredge up your old team the Colts (try not to cry, little boy), we STILL have more than you ever will. Your team blows and is full of choke artists.

Thanks for helping to bolster the argument for how much better our team is than yours.

Quote:
You have 2 in the past decade +, we have 1, and we are about to grab another.
No dummy. We have 2 in the last six years to your 1 in the last 12.

Oh, and nice prediction fail by the way. You're too funny, nimrod.

Quote:
And why would I want to be you? You have a one legged quarterback with a geriatric roster (i.e. oldest in the league this season) and no future--welcome to 2nd place, your new home.

It's OK. You'll figure it out after Ray Lewis and Ed Reed limp home to the old folks retirement home to lick their wounds (and each other's balls) and weep in each other's arms over choking ANOTHER big game away.

Poor, poor Ed Reed. Always a bridesmaid, never a bride.

I wave my private parts at your aunties, you heaving lot of second-hand electric donkey bottom biters.
Buddha Bus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 09:54 PM   #73
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 11,101 Times in 4,593 Posts

with 2 min to go in the final game of the day (tied 17-17) both the giants and the 49ers look like they can mop up the field with brady.
Old 01-22-2012, 10:34 PM   #74
BleedPurple
Starter

Member Number: 19142

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddha Bus View Post
What exactly is your point here? Even if you want to dredge up your old team the Colts (try not to cry, little boy), we STILL have more than you ever will. Your team blows and is full of choke artists.

Thanks for helping to bolster the argument for how much better our team is than yours.

No dummy. We have 2 in the last six years to your 1 in the last 12.

Oh, and nice prediction fail by the way. You're too funny, nimrod.

It's OK. You'll figure it out after Ray Lewis and Ed Reed limp home to the old folks retirement home to lick their wounds (and each other's balls) and weep in each other's arms over choking ANOTHER big game away.

Poor, poor Ed Reed. Always a bridesmaid, never a bride.
And you have how many in the last 12 years? You are dense. In other news, go NFC.
BleedPurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 10:36 PM   #75
GMU Steeler
Living Legend

Member Number: 16173

Go Giants. Screw the Patriots.
GMU Steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 10:38 PM   #76
BleedPurple
Starter

Member Number: 19142

Go Giants!
BleedPurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 10:39 PM   #77
TRH
Living Legend

Member Number: 17206

Giants win.

Not quite an impressive performance today by their offense, but at least they won.
As the game wore on in the 4th quarter, it became more obvious to me that the Giants have the better chance to beat NE. The 49er's greatest strength is their line and their rush....and NE has a ridiculously good OL. So i believe the Giants have the better shot.
TRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 08:09 AM   #78
Whodis
Team Captain

Member Number: 6483

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEPatriots View Post
I understand the sentiments. I was rooting for Green Bay last year. Actually I was rooting against the Steelers.

It was a mistake. **** the NFC. All it did was give me a year of having to listen to the media talk about how wonderful noodle arm Rodgers is when everyone knows he's not that wonderful. Green Bay this, Green Bay that. 15-1 on a gravy kiddy schedule and we're all supposed to be shocked now that the Giants kicked their asses.
(I knew the Packers would go down in flames! They're a want-to-be Patriots!)

I didn't really want Big Ben to win 3 Superbowl rings, mainly because he's a big goofy looking Sasquatch with no talent, but if the Steelers would of won at least it would of elevated the prestige of the AFC rivalries instead of diminish it.

Now all these nancy-boy NFC fans think we're the weaker conference and they're where the real football is. All because the 14-2 Patriots got screwed against the Jets.

If I could do it all over again I would of rooted for the Steelers. I would of willed them a win.

I understand that if the Patriots win the Superbowl again it'll more or less solidify Brady and Belichick as the greatest of all time (as if there's any doubt now!), but at least next year when the Steelers play the Patriots you'll be playing the Superbowl champions instead of one of many "inferior AFC squabbles" on the way to challenging the uppity and perceived almighty NFC champions.

You don't have to like us to hope we win the AFC another championship.

Take pride in your enemy! Then the accomplishments of your enemy elevates yourself. Is the Patriots v Steelers rivalry a championship rivalry or just irrelevant AFC in fighting? You can hate us and hope we win all at the same time.

I'll never root for another NFC team to win the Superbowl ever again. Next time Pittsburgh makes it to the Superbowl i'll hope they win it in spectacular fashion (dirty Harrison cheap shots and all!) while at the same time despising them, just because the greater my enemy, the greater thyself.

Think about it.

To hell with the NFC. As much as I hate the Steelers, I hate the idea of the NFC being perceived as superior even more.

I agree with you about the AFC / NFC thing and I picture in the case of a NY victory we get a year of Eli Manning being the greatest QB (see A. Rodgers) to ever play the game. I was really pushing for NE yesterday, but they have more holes than I first thought. I'll root for them. However, I think the "spygate" stuff still sticks with some STeeler fans
Old 01-23-2012, 08:16 AM   #79
BigRick
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 16392

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMU Steeler View Post
Go Giants. Screw the Patriots.
I really, really hate to but I second your sentiment. I don't like either team, but despise Brady and the Patriots.
BigRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 09:23 AM   #80
jjpro11
Living Legend

Member Number: 3559

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whodis View Post
I agree with you about the AFC / NFC thing and I picture in the case of a NY victory we get a year of Eli Manning being the greatest QB (see A. Rodgers) to ever play the game. I was really pushing for NE yesterday, but they have more holes than I first thought. I'll root for them. However, I think the "spygate" stuff still sticks with some STeeler fans
i could care-less about Eli Manning winning... he's won before and handled it with class. Rodgers became a self-absorbed ****y asshole after winning last year.. the constant smirking and shit was way too annoying to stand.. i am glad he went one-and-done this year and had that smirk smacked clean off his face. i enjoyed rooting for the Giants last Super Bowl and will enjoy it again.

GO GIANTS!
jjpro11 is offline   Reply With Quote