Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Steelers Draft Central > ** The War Room 2012 **

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 01-18-2012, 07:21 PM   #11
PhantomJB93
Team President

Member Number: 13907
Thanked 1,035 Times in 494 Posts
My Mood: Drunk
Default Re: 2012 draft strategy

L.M.A.O.

I'm sorry, but this whole post is just hilarious.

Yeah, let's TRADE UP for a safety who will probably fall into the second round anyway, and then trade the rest of our early picks for TAIWAN JONES, the unstoppable offensive juggernaut with 73 career rushing yards who isn't even the top backup on his own team.

Please, formerrb, I BEG of you, take over our front office. Those hacks are running this franchise into the ground. We need a brilliant mind like yours.

(something tells me you have a personal connection to Taiwan Jones, because literally noone knows who he is, there's no reason to believe he's anything special, and this is at least the second time I've seen you bring this up and suggest trading valuable picks for him. Family? High school friend? Has to be something like that.)
PhantomJB93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 08:23 PM   #12
former RB
Banned

Member Number: 20530

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACK_AND_YELLOW View Post
Reading this makes my head hurt and barron will prob be there at number 24...
You only think that Barron will be there at 24 because the draft gurus have him going late first round. Draft gurus are never, never , ever right. I've never seen a accurate mock draft. You can usually predict the first 3 or 4, but after that, nobody knows.
The simple fact is that Barron is so far above any other safety in the draft. After him, the dropoff is huge. Barron gets compared to guys like Ronnie Lott, Carnell Lake, Troy, Ed Reed. He has brilliant football IQ and like the names I mentioned, he can cover like a corner, and hit like a LB. If he was a step faster, he;d be compared to Rod Woodson.

As for Taiwan Jones, I know he was drsfted in the 4th round last year. I thought he was the best Rb in the draft. If he had played At Alabama behind the line that Mark Ingram played behind, he would have been a high first rounder. His problem was that he didn't play for a high profile program. Taiwan amazed at camp, and was used sparingly in games. Every time he got a chance to show his studff, he was a marvel. The raiders O line is atrocious. I think Taiwan will be the next Tony Dorsett. He will be the premier back in the league over the next 10 years.
Hey, he can run like Wallace, and he runs with power too. He has Barry Sanders moves, unheard of speed, great hands, and even better vision.

Mark Barron and Taiwan Jones can both make an immediate impact and become Steeler legends if we can land them. Conditions are perfect to land both of them right now.
former RB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 10:12 PM   #13
BLACK_AND_YELLOW
Team President

Member Number: 18312
Thanked 2,883 Times in 1,264 Posts
My Mood: Amused

Quote:
Originally Posted by former RB View Post
You only think that Barron will be there at 24 because the draft gurus have him going late first round. Draft gurus are never, never , ever right. I've never seen a accurate mock draft. You can usually predict the first 3 or 4, but after that, nobody knows.
The simple fact is that Barron is so far above any other safety in the draft. After him, the dropoff is huge. Barron gets compared to guys like Ronnie Lott, Carnell Lake, Troy, Ed Reed. He has brilliant football IQ and like the names I mentioned, he can cover like a corner, and hit like a LB. If he was a step faster, he;d be compared to Rod Woodson.

As for Taiwan Jones, I know he was drsfted in the 4th round last year. I thought he was the best Rb in the draft. If he had played At Alabama behind the line that Mark Ingram played behind, he would have been a high first rounder. His problem was that he didn't play for a high profile program. Taiwan amazed at camp, and was used sparingly in games. Every time he got a chance to show his studff, he was a marvel. The raiders O line is atrocious. I think Taiwan will be the next Tony Dorsett. He will be the premier back in the league over the next 10 years.
Hey, he can run like Wallace, and he runs with power too. He has Barry Sanders moves, unheard of speed, great hands, and even better vision.

Mark Barron and Taiwan Jones can both make an immediate impact and become Steeler legends if we can land them. Conditions are perfect to land both of them right now.
No one trades up for a safety unless its troy type player dont try to compare troy to barron...troy was a way better safety than barron was in college...but on the other hand you would want to trade up to pick a safety that will prob be there at number 24and give up a 2nd round pick and a 3rd for a running back that is UNPROVEN and hurt this team on bothsides of the ball cause we need help on both lines and linebackers...

P.S dont compare no UNPROVEN rb to Barry Sanders
BLACK_AND_YELLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 10:24 PM   #14
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 3,952 Times in 1,674 Posts

brilliant idea ..i always thought the cart should be in front of the horse !!!
seriously dude ... forget the fact that your "best back in the league" , is a no name , but lets not forget the fact that the oline is a pile of shit. i don't care who you put back there they won't have anymore success than anyone who is already on the roster.

as many have already pointed out , unless barron does some spectacular shit during the draft festivities process , he'll be there at 24 most likely.

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 11:23 AM   #15
ItalianSteelersFan178443
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 20776

former RB, do you know what football talent is haha? Barron will never be a troy type player. He may be a very improved Ryan Clark for us one day, but why would we trade up when he might be there in the 2nd Rd anyway. And also trade for a RB who was buried in the Raiders depth chart and only played because of injury. The Steelers never trade their picks away and they won't start now by trading for Jones. Jones will never even be compared to Mendenhall so why compare hiim to BS20. We have our speedster RB next season and his name is Baron Batch, he is a great RB and will have an impact on the team. RB is finally a strength again on this team. Redman showed what he can do with a higher amount of carriers and Mendenhall has been an above-average RB for us. Clay and Dwyer will likely be trade bait to get more picks, because it looks like M.Moore and B. Batch will battle for 3rd String and 3rd Down back.
ItalianSteelersFan178443 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 02:20 PM   #16
pete74
Super Moderator
Supporter

Member Number: 15921

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACK_AND_YELLOW View Post
No one trades up for a safety unless its troy type player dont try to compare troy to barron...troy was a way better safety than barron was in college...but on the other hand you would want to trade up to pick a safety that will prob be there at number 24and give up a 2nd round pick and a 3rd for a running back that is UNPROVEN and hurt this team on bothsides of the ball cause we need help on both lines and linebackers...

P.S dont compare no UNPROVEN rb to Barry Sanders
we traded up for Troy and Barron has better college stats then Troy did. he also has better size with good speed. im not saying he will be a probowl saftey in the NFL but he definatly has all the tools and experiance.
Old 01-21-2012, 03:19 PM   #17
ben7
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 9960

the Taiwan Jones best RB in the game made me lol hard
Old 02-08-2012, 05:35 AM   #18
ZiggyHeyward
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 23044

Pro bowl players at both safety positions the only way I see this happening is if Adams,Glenn and Hightower are all off the board. G,DT,MLB,FB are our biggest needs in this years draft so guys like Cox,Poe, and Burfict have to be in the conversation. I'm also very high on Perry and look forward to seeing him in linebacker drills. I think Barron will be on the board when we pick and we will let him pass by just like Aaron Williams last year. He wouldn't see the field as a rookie which makes other positions more valuable and there will be players to fit our needs at 24. The only guys I see them moving up for is DeCastro if he started falling or Glenn if they were worried about losing out on him but I don't see Colbert and Co. moving out of there current spot unless its down.
Old 02-08-2012, 05:36 AM   #19
ZiggyHeyward
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 23044

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben7 View Post
the Taiwan Jones best RB in the game made me lol hard
He's pretty good in Madden 12 though lol