Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-30-2006, 09:50 AM   #1
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned
 
lamberts-lost-tooth's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2006
Location: Midwest
Posts: 10,829
Gender: Male
Member Number: 2363
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Best at their position

Its a slow news day in Steelerland so I thought I would get everyones thoughts on a specific topic. In most of the pre-season magazines they have players ranked at their positions. I am convinced that the Steelers are still not given the credit they deserve...but am further convinced that alot of players should be ranked Top 10, and a few should be #1at their respective positions.
That being said I thought it would be interesting to:

1) State what players we have that are the BEST at what they do.
2) State one player that is underappreciated
3) and to be fair...one player that is overappreciated


I will start with:

1) BEST: Troy is the best safety in the league... and Casey is easily the best Nose Guard
2) UNDERAPPRECIATED: Either Aaron Smith or Clark Haggans
3) OVERAPPRECIATED: This one is hard...but I am going to have to go with Simmons
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 10:11 AM   #2
lilyoder6
locked behind Xanax bars
 
lilyoder6's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Playin' touch football, on marijuana street
Posts: 6,388
Gender: Male
Member Number: 2568
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Best at their position

1) faneca is one of the elite guards in the game
2) i say wilson cuz he cam eup big int he playoffs.
3) i would have to say simmons as well
lilyoder6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 11:27 AM   #3
ARKIESTEEL
Assistant Coach
Supporter
 

Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: FAYETTEVILLE AR
Posts: 1,175
Gender: Male
Member Number: 2268
Thanks: 1
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Default Re: Best at their position

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamberts-lost-tooth
Its a slow news day in Steelerland so I thought I would get everyones thoughts on a specific topic. In most of the pre-season magazines they have players ranked at their positions. I am convinced that the Steelers are still not given the credit they deserve...but am further convinced that alot of players should be ranked Top 10, and a few should be #1at their respective positions.
That being said I thought it would be interesting to:

1) State what players we have that are the BEST at what they do.
2) State one player that is underappreciated
3) and to be fair...one player that is overappreciated


I will start with:

1) BEST: Troy is the best safety in the league... and Casey is easily the best Nose Guard
2) UNDERAPPRECIATED: Either Aaron Smith or Clark Haggans
3) OVERAPPRECIATED: This one is hard...but I am going to have to go with Simmons

I am going to get run off for this but here goes


1. best Casey Hampton our whole d is built around the nose tackle
2. underappreciated Dan Kreider he is a tank
and here is the one that gets me in trouble but its what i think

3. overappreciated Big Ben now stop throwing things I have reasons! I love the Steelers but I dont see Ben doing well anywhere else, not yet! Maybe this is the year I see him stand up and take that Offense by the horns and wins the games for us but up till now the threat of the run has gained Ben everything. Folks wont be caught off guard this year and we will see what he is made of. I like Ben I think this is his break away year to become an elite QB but up till now he has not been one. Please dont ban me but this is how i feel.

I never loved QB's anyway
__________________





BIG FAT ARKIESTEEL
ARKIESTEEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 11:50 AM   #4
Black@Gold Forever32
Banned
Supporter
 

Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Michigan City, IN
Posts: 3,253
Gender: Male
Member Number: 2290
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Best at their position

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARKIESTEEL
I am going to get run off for this but here goes


1. best Casey Hampton our whole d is built around the nose tackle
2. underappreciated Dan Kreider he is a tank
and here is the one that gets me in trouble but its what i think

3. overappreciated Big Ben now stop throwing things I have reasons! I love the Steelers but I dont see Ben doing well anywhere else, not yet! Maybe this is the year I see him stand up and take that Offense by the horns and wins the games for us but up till now the threat of the run has gained Ben everything. Folks wont be caught off guard this year and we will see what he is made of. I like Ben I think this is his break away year to become an elite QB but up till now he has not been one. Please dont ban me but this is how i feel.

I never loved QB's anyway
Well your entitled to your opinion and I won't try to change your mind and I'm going to give rep points anyway for speaking your thoughts. But I have to disagree with you about Ben. Like I said I won't try to change your mind. Thats your right bro.

1. Best at his position. I agree Big Casey is the best NT in the NFL. I also think Alan Faneca is the best guard in football. I also think Troy should be mentioned as the best safety. Sure the scheme fits him well. But with Troy flying around making all those plays on the field. That has to count for something.

2. Underappreciated. I agree with Dan Kreider as well. He is the best blocking FB in the NFL. Dan is very important to the success of our running game.

3. Overappreciated. I see where somebody would think and pick Ben. But I'm of the biggest Ben fans around. I have watched him since he was at Miami of Ohio. I was praying that he would to us in the 2004 draft and he did. The reason I can't say he is overappreciated is with all the bad QB play that we have seen in the Cowher era. I totally appreciate having a QB of Ben's talents.

Sure he stunk in the Super Bowl. But the guy had a broken finger and we wouldn't even have made the Super Bowl without Ben. His play in the playoffs leading up to the Super Bowl speaks for itself. I'm telling you will see what I have seen in Ben all along this year. I think he is going to have a great year. But I can honestly say I don't think any of our Steelers are overappreciated to me. I appreciate them all. I would have went with Chris Hope but he is gone now anyway.

But props to you man for speaking your mind. This is a forum and feel free to post your thoughts. Even if I disagree with you I still respect your opinion.

Last edited by Black@Gold Forever32; 06-30-2006 at 11:53 AM.
Black@Gold Forever32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 11:58 AM   #5
Livinginthe past
Living Legend
 
Livinginthe past's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Crushing the AFCE...annually
Posts: 7,520
Member Number: 478
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Best at their position

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black and Gold Forever 32
Well your entitled to your opinion and I won't try to change your mind and I'm going to give rep points anyway for speaking your thoughts. But I have to disagree with you about Ben. Like I said I won't try to change your mind. Thats your right bro.

1. Best at his position. I agree Big Casey is the best NT in the NFL. I also think Alan Faneca is the best guard in football. I also think Troy should be mentioned as the best safety. Sure the scheme fits him well. But with Troy flying around making all those plays on the field. That has to count for something.

2. Underappreciated. I agree with Dan Kreider as well. He is the best blocking FB in the NFL. Dan is very important to the success of our running game.

3. Overappreciated. I see where somebody would think and pick Ben. But I'm of the biggest Ben fans around. I have watched him since he was at Miami of Ohio. I was praying that he would to us in the 2004 draft and he did. The reason I can't say he is overappreciated is with all the bad QB play that we have seen in the Cowher era. I totally appreciate having a QB of Ben's talents.

Sure he stunk in the Super Bowl. But the guy had a broken finger and we wouldn't even have made the Super Bowl without Ben. His play in the playoffs leading up to the Super Bowl speaks for itself. I'm telling you will see what I have seen in Ben all along this year. I think he is going to have a great year. But I can honestly say I don't think any of our Steelers are overappreciated to me. I appreciate them all. I would have went with Chris Hope but he is gone now anyway.

But props to you man for speaking your mind. This is a forum and feel free to post your thoughts. Even if I disagree with you I still respect your opinion.
I think you should be forced to pick a current squad member who is over-rated

....its only fair, 32.

NM
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 12:07 PM   #6
Black@Gold Forever32
Banned
Supporter
 

Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Michigan City, IN
Posts: 3,253
Gender: Male
Member Number: 2290
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Best at their position

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginthe past
I think you should be forced to pick a current squad member who is over-rated

....its only fair, 32.

NM
Well who cares about fair?J/K

Man I honestly can't pick one guy. I love my Steelers and appreciate all of them. I would have went with Chris Hope but he is gone. Man I just can't do it. I'm a homer. Ok, I'll pick one guy Sean Morey without a doubt. Special teams is important no doubt. But I hear so much about Morey and how good a special teams player he is and I really never see him make any big plays. Sure he makes his tackles but the way Cowher talks about how good Morey is. I want to see some caused fumbles. So there you go.
Black@Gold Forever32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 12:10 PM   #7
Big D
Living Legend
Supporter
 
Big D's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2006
Location: living in the field of dreams
Posts: 3,330
Gender: Male
Member Number: 2313
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Best at their position

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginthe past
I think you should be forced to pick a current squad member who is over-rated

....its only fair, 32.

NM
I wouldnt say that ben is overrated or underrated. I would say the wins tend to flow in more when ben throws under 20 passes.
Big D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 12:32 PM   #8
Livinginthe past
Living Legend
 
Livinginthe past's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Crushing the AFCE...annually
Posts: 7,520
Member Number: 478
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Best at their position

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black and Gold Forever 32
Well who cares about fair?J/K

Man I honestly can't pick one guy. I love my Steelers and appreciate all of them. I would have went with Chris Hope but he is gone. Man I just can't do it. I'm a homer. Ok, I'll pick one guy Sean Morey without a doubt. Special teams is important no doubt. But I hear so much about Morey and how good a special teams player he is and I really never see him make any big plays. Sure he makes his tackles but the way Cowher talks about how good Morey is. I want to see some caused fumbles. So there you go.
Well I could feel your pain there - having to pick an over-rated Steelers player

Maybe Sean Morey will up his game once he reads this post........

NM
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 12:34 PM   #9
Livinginthe past
Living Legend
 
Livinginthe past's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Crushing the AFCE...annually
Posts: 7,520
Member Number: 478
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Best at their position

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big D
I wouldnt say that ben is overrated or underrated. I would say the wins tend to flow in more when ben throws under 20 passes.
Personally, I would still say ben is under-rated by a majority of football fans.

Once you get a reputation its difficult to shake it - Brady had a reputation as someone who relied on his D, couldnt throw the long ball - only recently have these accusations stopped.

Ben is the second best QB in the game.

NM
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 12:40 PM   #10
Black@Gold Forever32
Banned
Supporter
 

Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Michigan City, IN
Posts: 3,253
Gender: Male
Member Number: 2290
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Best at their position

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginthe past
Well I could feel your pain there - having to pick an over-rated Steelers player

Maybe Sean Morey will up his game once he reads this post........

NM
Well, Morey better or I will be taking shots at him all year. Every game I want to see that caused fumble. Just joking again I like Morey and I don't think he is overrated as well. Trust me I can be very critical of my teams and their players at times. But after their performance in the playoffs and winning the Super Bowl. I appreciate all the players on this current team.

One guy to watch is Santonio Holmes. I'm not even talking about his recent arrests. But he is a first rounder so in three to four years. He better play like one or he might be my pick in the future.
Black@Gold Forever32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:54 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts