Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 06-30-2006, 08:51 PM   #1
CAH
Bench Warmer
Supporter

Member Number: 2409
Default Mexico May Sue U.S.A.

All content taken from The O'Reilly Factor on Fox News Channel. Each weeknight by 6 PM EST a preview of that evening's show will be posted and then updated with additional information the following weekday by noon EST.
Talking Points Memo & Top Story
Is Mexico threatening the US?
Guests: Rob Allyn, PR expert & Mark Falcoff, American Enterprise Institute

"Millions of Canadians aren't illegally crossing into America. That's because Canada has a good economy, a strong middle class, and a workable society. Mexico has none of those things, despite fabulous wealth in the form of oil and other fossil fuels and two spectacular coastlines. But because of the incredible corruption throughout Mexico, 40% of its citizens live below the poverty line and few foreign investors will put money into that country. Thus Mexico exports its poverty problem to the USA. After hearing President Bush order 6,000 National Guard troops to the southern border, Mexico's Foreign Secretary Luis Ernesto Derbez threatened to 'immediately start filing lawsuits through our consulates.' Okay, then Mr. Secretary, here's a no-spin message back to you - if the Mexican government files one lawsuit in the USA pertaining to the National Guard, I will call for a total boycott of Mexican goods and no travel to your country. That may sound presumptuous, but enough's enough. We in America have a right to security and a right to expect our immigration laws to be enforced. Mexico has an obligation to work with our National Guard, not sue it. And by the way, Mr. Secretary, you're welcome on The Factor any time."

-----------------------------
Are they out of their minds?
CAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 09:31 PM   #2
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 10,822 Times in 4,477 Posts
Default Re: Mexico May Sue U.S.A.

the 6000 troops is all for show and wont do crap. anyone remember the 100's of millions bush sr. wasted on the "war on drugs"?

same thing. the mexicans wont succeed if theyre completely stupid enough to follow through on this threat (its just a threat and rhetoric) and the troops on the border will prove to be a waste of force as illegal alien #s dont decline.

for those of you who dont know, most illegals arent swimming across a river and trekking through the desert for days.
tony hipchest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 10:28 PM   #3
HburgXL06
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 1504

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest

for those of you who dont know, most illegals arent swimming across a river and trekking through the desert for days.
What do you mean?

It would seem idiotic of the Mexican gov't to sue the U.S. because we are tryin to keep people from leavin their country. It's as though they support illegal immigration so that they don't have to deal wit the problem themselves.....oh wait.

BuFu

"Who said they was all tough? They ain't so tough! Smashmouth football baby! Pittsburgh style!" -Jerome Bettis #36 the BUS in 21-9 victory over Chicago Bears in 2005
HburgXL06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 11:11 PM   #4
tony hipchest
Supporter

what i mean is the mexicans dont have a case if they are gonna actually follow through on this empty threat of suing. i live within 90 miles of the boarder. 6000 troops camping out waiting for a few crawling through the desert is bogus and a complete waste of resources. the alien smugglers are much more sophisticated than the stereotypical, outdated "wetback" image that is portrayed.

funny how bush didnt take this stance when he was governor of texas. (then again who would clean his house ).

his daddys plan to eradicate the drugs being trafficed along the same paths were a complete failure and waste of time, effort, taxpayers money, and false hopes. this grandstanding effort is the same thing. much ado about nothing. camping 6000 guardsmen along the boarder to stop 10-20 donkeys is kinda futile when hundereds are passing through our overcrowded border patrol stations.

where did all that homeland security money go that was supposed to improve borderland security?

anyways, while the thread title says mexico MAY sue, the simply wont. no need to get alarmed. its all propaganda with an agenda to push a plan that is destined for failure.

Last edited by tony hipchest; 06-30-2006 at 11:15 PM.
Old 06-30-2006, 11:17 PM   #5
CAH
Bench Warmer
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HburgXL06
What do you mean?

It would seem idiotic of the Mexican gov't to sue the U.S. because we are tryin to keep people from leavin their country. It's as though they support illegal immigration so that they don't have to deal wit the problem themselves.....oh wait.

BuFu
Mexico is getting rid of their poverty and let's us pay for it. It's costing us billions. Hell, Mexico wants them to leave.
Old 06-30-2006, 11:24 PM   #6
tony hipchest
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAH
Mexico is getting rid of their poverty and let's us pay for it. It's costing us billions. Hell, Mexico wants them to leave.
duh. is this new news you are reporting? or are you just rehashing old news? do you think papa savior bush's 6000 troops are gonna make a difference?

more taxpayers $$$ and resources redirected to save face. see "the war on drugs". and im pretty sure o'rileys (i do enjoy his show) knowledge on the matter goes no further than what he reads on the teleprompter.
Old 06-30-2006, 11:34 PM   #7
HburgXL06
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 1504

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAH
That's what I was hintin at....

BuFu

"Who said they was all tough? They ain't so tough! Smashmouth football baby! Pittsburgh style!" -Jerome Bettis #36 the BUS in 21-9 victory over Chicago Bears in 2005
HburgXL06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 11:45 PM   #8
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009

All I needed to do was read the title of this thread in order to make me laugh.........
Old 07-01-2006, 12:35 AM   #9
SteelShooter
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 2156

Quote:
Originally Posted by 83-Steelers-43
All I needed to do was read the title of this thread in order to make me laugh.........

Me too!

But Tony is right....I live 1.5 miles from the border...they just walk through huge, gaping holes in the fencing, or through the border stations with fake paperwork. Many use legal, temporary paperwork...but never go back.

I literally see them walking around DAILY.
SteelShooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 01:20 PM   #10
CAH
Bench Warmer
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 83-Steelers-43
To be honest, I posted the article b/c I thought it would turn out to be a humorous thread.

It's like one neighbor's family sneaks into the neighbor's house to eat and steal everything they may want and then sue the family for putting locks on the doors.

What we need are "locks" on the doors.