Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 01-21-2012, 11:10 PM   #31
60_MINUTES
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 20464
Default Re: But is it Too Late to Fix Ben ?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edman View Post
Ben is not the problem with the offense. He has proven he can run a no-huddle and run an offense. Does anyone not remember all the times the Offense sprung to life because Ben ran No-Huddle? Did anyone not see the Titans and Bengals games this year?

Arians' simple mind did the offense in thanks to his Greed (going for too many high risk/low probability plays and such) and junk playcalling. Long-developing pass plays that rely on Ben's freelancing and mobility, and insipid route design.

very true but also very sad... In a no huddle BEN is just calling pass patterns.. the D hasnt even shown what they intend to do and ben has already called his play.. it works just as well as what BA had been calling if not better.. thats the sad part...

A good O coord is gonna set things up and create mismatches all over the field... create one on one matchups... Not just call a play thats on his chart for 3 and 10 or 3rd and 15... I expect we move into the top 10 in total O next year maybe top 5.. I also know although BEN will never admit it he will see in the next few years exaclty what everyone else suspects... He will say to himself " Holy shit I cant believe how many years I been held back": as the numbers poor in and the wins keep coming BEN will know but never admit it. For those who support BA and think its BEN's fault just sit back and watch.. its gonna blow your mind just how bad BA really was
60_MINUTES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 11:17 AM   #32
plenewken
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 3447

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitt0wns View Post
Get Ben a line and a running game and he'll be the top qb in the league!

You can't bag on Ben for hanging on to the ball too long, thats his game . end of story.

His style of play is b/c the O line has sucked for years.
It's his style of play regardless of the OL. Did the OL ask him to look like a slob and not being able to move 1/2 as fast as he used to? Did the OL ask him not to study tapes as much as the other top QBs in the league?
Getting a line won't make him faster at reading defenses and being more mobile and more accurate.
Ben needs to get rid of some bad habits, and work on his skills, irrespective of who's protecting him.
That's what I expect from a $100M franchise QB.
plenewken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 12:13 PM   #33
ricardisimo
Administrator

Member Number: 15369

I'm curious how from one day to the next Ben became lazy, a poor study and full of bad habits. Mind you, it could all be true, but it would be the first I've heard of it, and not once from anyone in the Pittsburgh media... not in any depth anyway, maybe an oblique comment here or there.

This looks and feels more like a chatroom comment that is just being copied and pasted by other members.
Old 01-22-2012, 12:36 PM   #34
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter

Member Number: 3236
Thanked 5,008 Times in 1,867 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricardisimo View Post
I'm curious how from one day to the next Ben became lazy, a poor study and full of bad habits. Mind you, it could all be true, but it would be the first I've heard of it, and not once from anyone in the Pittsburgh media... not in any depth anyway, maybe an oblique comment here or there.

This looks and feels more like a chatroom comment that is just being copied and pasted by other members.
Ben's biggest bad habit was just handed his walking papers.

If we get a real OC that works with Ben and coach's him up right, instills a little discipline I don't see a problem.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MACH1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 12:38 PM   #35
Kanata-Steeler
Team President

Member Number: 15552

Quote:

I was thinkin' of Lemmings, but I guess you picked sheep.
-same thing.
Kanata-Steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 12:58 PM   #36
BKAnthem
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 13149

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACH1 View Post
Ben's biggest bad habit was just handed his walking papers.

If we get a real OC that works with Ben and coach's him up right, instills a little discipline I don't see a problem.
THIS... he needs a coach not an enabler...Whiz and Cowher called him on his BS...But Ben is a player, all this lazy talk is crazy...
BKAnthem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 06:12 PM   #37
lardlad
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 10897

I would like to see more deliberate play. Theres been a few, rather than every stinking play looks like he pulled one out of his rear end. It hardly ever looks like they have a plan, line up and see what happens. It may not be his "style" but he has done it before. And it worked well NE game comes to mind.
lardlad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 05:28 AM   #38
plenewken
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 3447

Quote:

I don't need to cut and paste someone else's opinion on Ben. I have mine, it's not new, and if you don't like it, at least, respect the poster.
Have a nice day.
plenewken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 08:03 AM   #39
Curtain_of_Steel
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 11678
My Mood: Amazed

Ben isnt broken snd doesnt need fixing. He plays broken a lot lol. Get him an Oline first. But I bet there will be no significant help brought in this off season
Curtain_of_Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 09:25 AM   #40
ricardisimo
Administrator

Member Number: 15369

Quote:
Originally Posted by plenewken View Post
I don't need to cut and paste someone else's opinion on Ben. I have mine, it's not new, and if you don't like it, at least, respect the poster.
Have a nice day.
I wasn't singling you out. It just seemed like from one day to the next everyone decided that Ben was fat and lazy. If this was a sentiment that I had seen floating around regularly (from posters other than the Raven lurkers, that is) then I would have let it pass without comment.

Besides, my question still stands: where are people getting this idea? Show us an article. We're here to share Steeler news and discuss it.