Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 01-22-2012, 07:23 PM   #31
fortmemphis
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 17288
Default Re: Ravens choke.......again

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVSteelersfan View Post
I hate the Ratbirds. I hate the Patsies. No win there for me. Watching those faces on the Ratbirds sideline was priceless though. Kind of like the faces on the Colts sideline back in 1995. And the look of the Jets sidelines when they missed TWO easy FGs the year before. I hope we see the end of Ray Lewis and Ed Reed after this. They will never get another Super Bowl win with Flacco at QB. Sorry, he just does not cut it when the pressure is on. Saying he outplayed Brady is a joke. He could not get it done when it counted. Brady put it in the end zone when he needed to. God I hate both of those teams with a passion.
I agree that I really dont like either team, but I at least admit that the Ravens have beaten some decent teams this year. NE hadnt beaten a team with a winning record all year. They are a fraud, I was hoping at least that an AFC North team could expose them for the frauds they are, but Lee Evans couldnt hold on to a well thrown ball by Flacco and the kicker choked.

I honestly think I despise NE more than the Ravens. I especially cant stand Ed Punk Reed, but I think they are tougher and a more complete team than the pretty boy Pats. The next two weeks are going to be torture having to hear about Brady and the Pats 24/7.
fortmemphis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 07:24 PM   #32
LVSteelersfan
Living Legend

Member Number: 6620
My Mood: Relaxed

Bottom line is Flacco had two or three chances to win that game for them and did not do it. Brady scored the winning TD. Is that really that hard to understand? Brady drove them down the field and WON THE GAME for the Patriots. They were both 22-36 in the game. Flacco could not get them in the end zone numerous times when they had to settle for field goals. Sorry, he did not OUTPLAY Brady by any stretch. They were pretty close to the same. And I hate both of them so I am not saying this just because I hate Flacco worse than Brady. I hope Brady gets his butt kicked in the Super Bowl. If Flacco was there I would be thinking the same way.

COACH - Breakfast of Champions !!!
LVSteelersfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 07:26 PM   #33
fortmemphis
Assistant Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelers33 View Post
Really bad loss for the Ravens. I'm not going to give Flacco that much credit, because he played one of the worst defenses in the NFL. Looks like he missed a lot of receivers as well, but overall I thought he just played decent. Ravens window is closing IMO, Reed and Lewis too old, were old too but we are not done until Troy retires. Also, I think the Pats will lose the SB if the Giants were to win vs SF. Pats defense to bad to overcome in the end, IMO, and Eli playing too well.
Yeah, I am pulling for the Giants all the way now. Its the lesser of three evils. Dont want SF winning #6 and Im sick of the freakin Pats and Tom Brady. So go Giants!!!
Old 01-22-2012, 07:49 PM   #34
fortmemphis
Assistant Coach

Quote:
Bottom line is Flacco had two or three chances to win that game for them and did not do it. Brady scored the winning TD. Is that really that hard to understand? Brady drove them down the field and WON THE GAME for the Patriots. They were both 22-36 in the game. Flacco could not get them in the end zone numerous times when they had to settle for field goals. Sorry, he did not OUTPLAY Brady by any stretch. They were pretty close to the same. And I hate both of them so I am not saying this just because I hate Flacco worse than Brady. I hope Brady gets his butt kicked in the Super Bowl. If Flacco was there I would be thinking the same way.
I am tired of Tom Terrific but I dont have any feelings either way concering Flacco. Flacco is just another QB who is fine. Not great, sometimes not even good, but he doesnt rub me the wrong way.

Its not like Tom who has all the NFL journalists's noses up his arse. ESPN isnt all Flacco all the time like it is Tom Brady. Really Flacco is just kinda there. He hands off to Ray Rice and Ricky Williams and he passes to Smith and Boldin every so often. I will even give him credit for taking his team over 80 yards against our defense in Pittburgh with just over 2 mins when he could have folded and they won the game.

But Tom??? Man Im sick of having to hear about him or see him and Belichick.

Now Ed Reed is another story. He is good but he is a punk. Im glad his Super Bowl window may be closed now.
Old 01-22-2012, 08:17 PM   #35
Curtain_of_Steel
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 11678

20points against one of the worst def in the league? Ravens O did not play well. Hopefully they sign that POS Flacco to a nice long term deal. He sucks!

Def played well along with a bad beady day.

1 harbough down, time for the gmen to kick the other one in the nuts now!
Curtain_of_Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 09:12 PM   #36
TRH
Living Legend

Member Number: 17206

Flacco actually played pretty good. He had a bunch of dropped balls and other mistakes made by others while the running game didn't actually help either.
TRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 09:14 PM   #37
TRH
Living Legend

Member Number: 17206

Quote:
actually....Flacco did "win" the game for them. That ball was RIGHT in the receivers hands in the end zone. Not only was it there...he actually caught it for a second...if he would have held on tightly with 2 hands like he should have...game over. Ravens win.
This loss wasn't Flacco's fault.
TRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 09:48 PM   #38
StainlessStill
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 12999
Thanked 1,155 Times in 480 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRH View Post
actually....Flacco did "win" the game for them. That ball was RIGHT in the receivers hands in the end zone. Not only was it there...he actually caught it for a second...if he would have held on tightly with 2 hands like he should have...game over. Ravens win.
This loss wasn't Flacco's fault.
Ravens defense carrying as usual. Flaccid threw that INT right to Mayo! Killed his teams chances in the long-run no matter what happened with Lee Evans. The defense mad a great play to knock it out. The Ravens were lucky to be in that position if it wasn't an out of character INT by Brady for going for the jugular. The Pats hit that almost automatically.

GO G-MEN!
Old 01-22-2012, 10:09 PM   #39
madtowndrunkard
Team Captain

Member Number: 11280

I applaud the Raven's ability to choke. They've proven once again that they DON'T have what it takes to win a SB. Which is good news for the steelers. We were right after all.. IMO the Ravens don't have heart. They are selfish, gut less / heartless losers.

Long term we should be more concerned with the Bengals. That young QB of theirs seem pretty good...he has a promising career ahead of him me thinks.

This playoffs was full of HORRIBLE losses. The steelers never should have lost to Denver. The Ravens lose on a shanked FG. SanFran loses on a choke job by their punt returning x 2. IMO the better teams all lost.....first time I can remember 2 teams in the SB that IMO don't deserve to be there. You see 1 team get there by flukes...but 2? GB losing to NY was also a bit of a surprise. strange season.

I'm more hopeful for the steelers then I've been in a long time.... losing Arians was really a wonderful conciliation prize.
madtowndrunkard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 10:31 PM   #40
stb_steeler
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 14315

WHO CARES....

Might as well dress em in skirts!
stb_steeler is offline   Reply With Quote