Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 01-22-2012, 11:34 PM   #21
LambertWardSteel
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 11433
Default Re: Why all the Patriot LOVE?

I hate both teams. I really could not decide which team I wanted to win in New England. The good thing was one had to lose, the bad was one had to win. An absolute nightmare scenario would have been 49ers win and they're going after #6 against the cheaters. Hopefully the Giants D can pressure Marsha like last time. I think Eli can throw on their D and win. I will be a huge Giants fan for the SB.
LambertWardSteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 11:57 PM   #22
6RingsAndCounting
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 21067

Any other year, I probably would have been completely against the Patriots, but I do have a heart. Them playing for Craft's late wife kind of tilted me towards the Pats, just because I do feel for the man, but in no way, shape, or form, will I root for the Pats in the Super Bowl
6RingsAndCounting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 12:08 AM   #23
Sixburgher
Banned

Member Number: 17648

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanda10506 View Post
You have 2000 posts and it would be challenging to find one where you didn't either dis Ben, discredit the team in some way, or give credit to an opposing team for a victory they didn't earn.
Yes, he's another Steelers fan with a classic case of "penis envy" in regards to the Patriots. There are a number of them here and it's annoying, to say the least.
Sixburgher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 12:34 AM   #24
steeltheone
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 6351

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanda10506 View Post
You have 2000 posts and it would be challenging to find one where you didn't either dis Ben, discredit the team in some way, or give credit to an opposing team for a victory they didn't earn. We have some homer's here but I think your the only one that is a homer for whoever is playing the Steelers. They cheated and that's why they won in 04, it's real easy to outplay somebody when you know what they are running.

I have no love for the Pats, they disgust me and make me want to puke, they are cheaters and at best should have one modern day SB. That said the Ratbirds IMO are worse, they are like a common street gang that all made it on to a football team, and their fans are 10x worse then Pats fans. Seeing them beat us twice and ultimately get nothing for it, that made me happy. As mentioned it was a lose lose game and either way I wouldn't have liked it, but to see the look on the face of Ed Reed and Ray Rice when they missed that short field goal, priceless. I would give the edge to the Pats in the SB but I think if the Giants front four get pressure on Brady like the last SB, they will win. Let's go Giants!
Number 1 i give credit where credit is due...Number 2 I am a huge BR7 fan. You would be hard pressed to find a post that i dissed him.

New England is a well run organization just as we are.
Old 01-23-2012, 01:02 AM   #25
steelerjim58
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 14701

While I hate them both equaly, the only team from the AFC North I want going to the Super Bowl is the Steelers. I do not want the ravens to even have a chance at winning. I will be a huge Giants fan come Super Bowl Sunday.
steelerjim58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 09:29 AM   #26
steeltheone
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 6351

The Giants play a nice game of ball. I really don't care who wins now. I just did not want the 49ers or Ravens.
Old 01-23-2012, 10:47 AM   #27
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 6,496 Times in 2,759 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

lesser of two or three evils. i wanted to see denver get eliminated, and i guess i dislike the ravens more than the pats. i still don't like either of em. i hope the giants win the super bowl. eli and bradshaw should have a field day, the pats defense doesnt have shit on the 49ers
Fire Arians is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 11:09 AM   #28
Hines0wnz
Living Legend

Member Number: 3085

Quote:
Originally Posted by realdeal View Post
I get that The Ravens are our bitter rivals but the Patriots are cheaters who probably cost us 2 Super Bowl victories in 2001 and 2004.

It's well documented that the Patriots cheated during the 2004 title game. Steelers players were quoted saying that it was like they knew all our plays.

I'm not from Pittsburgh, but I am a huge Steeler fan, so maybe I don't get it?

But to root for that so called genius head coach, that bi-sexual quarterback, and an owner who's best friend is Roger Godell, its just not going to happen!!
What?