Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Steelers Draft Central > ** The War Room 2012 **

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 01-23-2012, 11:14 AM   #1
MDSteel15
Team President

Member Number: 8170
My Mood: Blah
Default Ding Dong Arians is Gone Mock 1.0

Now that he is gone, this is my mock!

1. Vontaz Burfict -ILB- Arizona State not changing my thoughts on this pick
2. Kelechi Osemele -G- Iowa St or this one!
3. Mister Cobble -NT- Kentucky his star is rising and he could be Porky's replacement!
4. Terrance Ganaway -FB- Baylor A beast of a back that can block and carry the ball on the goal line when needed!
5. Garth Gerhart -C/G- Arizona State obviously he is smart enough to play either postion and would be an asset along to line!
6. Ryan Lindley -QB- San Diego State looks like he would be a nice backup to Ben
7. Randy Bullocks -K- Texas A&M - need a replacement PERIOD
Old 01-23-2012, 11:49 AM   #2
ItalianSteelersFan178443
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 20776
Default Re: Ding Dong Arians is Gone Mock 1.0

Burfict is a definite possibility, but if they interview him and they do not like his attitude then they will skip right over him. He is super hot headed and may be worse than James Harrison with personal fouls. Love the Osemele pick, if he has a good combine and pro-day though he may be going in the middle of the 2nd, but he is there for us in the 2nd we have to snag him. He is versatile and can play right away. I dont know anything on Cobble, but if he can play like Hampton did then I will love him. Not too sure if we will take an RB. We are set with Mendenhall, Redman, Moore, and Batch, and they will most likely just sign a veteran FB rather than have a rookie trying to make holes. I see us definitely taking an OLB or DE rather than an RB/FB. Gerhart I do not know much about either, but he adds depth and youth and is a multi position OL and hopefully he pans out. They will definitely not take a QB either. With Batch and Leftwich still wanting to play and come back for cheap they will sign those two to the vet mins. And Suisham is definitely here to stay, its a waste of a draft pick to take a K when we still need a CB.
ItalianSteelersFan178443 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 12:00 PM   #3
MDSteel15
Team President

We don not need CBs!!!! What is wrong woth you people?
Old 01-23-2012, 12:02 PM   #4
ItalianSteelersFan178443
Draft Prospect

YES we do lol, Gay is a FA and so is Lewis, if they don't resign them we will have Taylor, Allen, and Brown. and if we resign one of the two then we still only have 5 on the team, if we can add a 6th CB that is young than CB will finally be a strength to team.
Old 01-23-2012, 12:52 PM   #5
MDSteel15
Team President

Gay isn't going anywhere and neither is Lewis! And neither is going to cost much to re-sign...
Old 01-23-2012, 06:52 PM   #6
ItalianSteelersFan178443
Draft Prospect

Gay wants a lot of money for the season he just had! and Lewis can't cover a blind guy! Why would they take a rookie FB anyway! There are so many FB's in the FA's! T. Gannaway barely played at Baylor cause they were a pass only team. He would be just as useful as D. Johnson
Old 01-24-2012, 01:50 AM   #7
PhantomJB93
Team President

Member Number: 13907
Thanked 1,122 Times in 537 Posts
My Mood: Drunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItalianSteelersFan178443 View Post
Gay wants a lot of money for the season he just had! and Lewis can't cover a blind guy! Why would they take a rookie FB anyway! There are so many FB's in the FA's! T. Gannaway barely played at Baylor cause they were a pass only team. He would be just as useful as D. Johnson
Gay had a great season by his standards but he's not going to be too highly paid by anyone else, especially since his most recent film has him getting beat by Tebow. He had a good season but not a "major FA payday" good kind of season. He won't be hard to resign, if we want him.

As far as FB goes, I think we're much more likely to go after one in the draft than bring anybody notable in via FA.
PhantomJB93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 01:54 AM   #8
ricardisimo
Administrator

Member Number: 15369

It always strikes me as odd to do a one-team mock. There are 31 other teams who might have an interest in these guys.

I would prefer that, at least until after the Combine, we focus exclusively on the first round only. I say guard, not ILB.
Old 01-24-2012, 02:29 AM   #9
IowaSteeler927
The Corn Shucking Hippie
Supporter

Member Number: 15801
Thanked 3,743 Times in 1,694 Posts
My Mood: Tired

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricardisimo View Post
It always strikes me as odd to do a one-team mock. There are 31 other teams who might have an interest in these guys.

I would prefer that, at least until after the Combine, we focus exclusively on the first round only. I say guard, not ILB.
Yeah we need help at guard. A young talented offensive lineman would help but I do like the Burflict pick in Round 1 and Osemele in Round 2. Osemele is an Iowa State product which means he isn't going to get nearly the recognition he should be getting. He's got good size, and long arms and I think he could step in at guard immediately. I've seen the guy play as I am a Hawkeye fan and can vouch that he should translate well to the NFL.

Burflict has character issues but he's the kind of nasty inside presence we need at linebacker.
IowaSteeler927 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 03:29 AM   #10
ricardisimo
Administrator

Member Number: 15369

Quote:
Originally Posted by IowaSteeler927 View Post
Yeah we need help at guard. A young talented offensive lineman would help but I do like the Burflict pick in Round 1 and Osemele in Round 2. Osemele is an Iowa State product which means he isn't going to get nearly the recognition he should be getting. He's got good size, and long arms and I think he could step in at guard immediately. I've seen the guy play as I am a Hawkeye fan and can vouch that he should translate well to the NFL.

Burflict has character issues but he's the kind of nasty inside presence we need at linebacker.
So how about Glenn in the first, Osemele in the second, and not worrying about our offensive line again for four or five years?

As for Burfict, the character issues are evidently something serious, as I have seen mocks place him as low as the third round. That doesn't scream "Steelers". Besides, I'm not sure we need nasty in the middle. Brainy and quick might be more like it. When was the last time we had someone "nasty" at ILB? Lambert, most likely.