Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 01-23-2012, 01:44 PM   #11
jjpro11
Living Legend

Member Number: 3559
Default Re: The BEST part of the Rats loss...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevermore View Post
That's right. Don't give him too much credit. He led his team to a sweep if the AFCN, beating the Squeelers twice... Once an embarrassing beat down and the second a two minute drill in your house against your fans and defense. Then he didn't choke away his first postseason game like some other team we know. Beat the Texans and ran another two minute drill in the AFC championship game on the road finishing it off with a strike to lee Evans and leaving his kicker in perfect field goal range.

Yeah, he pretty much sucks. I'd keep going with that.
let's just put him in the HOF while we're at it.. he had a good game yesterday against the worst pass defense in the league... the week before he was bad enough to be called out by his own teammate. he's inconsistent. he's been that way all season, been that way prior to this season, and he'll be that way the rest of his career.

i saw Ben overcome a 14 point half-time deficit and tie the game against Denver.. the defense choked that game away.. just like they did against the Ravens... right after Ben, again, led them to what should have been a comeback win. we all know what Ben has done to the Ravens in the playoffs, don't we? Flacco can't carry Ben's jock.. get that shit out of here.
jjpro11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 01:53 PM   #12
DoctorCAD
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 10385

I did correct my number after re-reading my post.

The fact remains, Flacco couldn't even throw an AVERAGE number of yards against the next to the bottom pass defense in the NFL.

FACT.

I hope they sign him for 10 more years!!!!!
DoctorCAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 02:01 PM   #13
Nevermore
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 14524

You're right. Ben was much better. Put up 365 vice 306 against the pats. Dominant.
Nevermore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 02:07 PM   #14
Nevermore
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 14524

Strange I saw Ben score nothing in the first half and only end up with 290 some yards. 1 TD and a pick. You can keep the Bathroom Bandit. I'll stick with Flacco.
Nevermore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 03:02 PM   #15
TRH
Living Legend

Member Number: 17206

Quote:
That's right. Don't give him too much credit. He led his team to a sweep if the AFCN, beating the Squeelers twice... Once an embarrassing beat down and the second a two minute drill in your house against your fans and defense. Then he didn't choke away his first postseason game like some other team we know. Beat the Texans and ran another two minute drill in the AFC championship game on the road finishing it off with a strike to lee Evans and leaving his kicker in perfect field goal range.

Wrong. The Steelers beat the Steelers and the Baltimore TEAM beat the Steelers. He didn't do it.
I thought Flacco played a good game yesterday, i've been one of the ones sticking up for him. But i'll take Ben 10 times out of 10...anytime..anyday.
TRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 03:48 PM   #16
Corey_J
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 16584

Quote:
Strange I saw Ben score nothing in the first half and only end up with 290 some yards. 1 TD and a pick. You can keep the Bathroom Bandit. I'll stick with Flacco.
You can KEEP that POS choke artist..........He played descent yesterday in a LOSS ! It dont matter the what ifs and coulda beens.....You guys lost ! Quit making excuses and throwing insignificant Ben (rapist) jokes.........It wont heal your pain. I laughed so hard when they lost. I have a few diehard Ratbird fans as friends and when we lost to the Broncos they were giving me soooo much shit..........I havent heard shit from them yet from yesterday. Flacco will never take them to the superbowl...EVER. Ben has taken us to 3......Congrats on the AFC north sweep. It will never happen again also.
Edit : Cool Joe didnt earn that second TD, Tori Smith EARNED it.........99% of the people in the world could throw that pass.........
Old 01-23-2012, 03:58 PM   #17
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 3,485 Times in 1,513 Posts

i just hope like hell the rats give flacco that 100 million dollar contract .. they've been fortunate the last few years with not having to pony up the cash at the qb position. flacco has already self proclaimed himself as an "elite" qb .. will he demand elite money ? will the rats pay him like he's "elite" ?
things are gonna get interesting in bmore this year. they've got some key free agents that needs dealt with ( rice , grubbs , johnson , birk , redding , mckinney )
plus some big cap hits on the books for 2012..
suggs - 11 mill
reed - 10 mill
ngata - 17.7 mill
evans - 6 mill
yanda - 6.5
boldin - 6
foxworthy - 8.3

ozzy has some work to do ...

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 04:06 PM   #18
SteelCurtain5643
Starter

Member Number: 12838

Quote:
But who has superbowls and who doesnt? I'll take Big Ben over Flacco any day of the week. The dudes a choker, he never will be a great QB. Just go ask Ed Reed.
SteelCurtain5643 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 04:09 PM   #19
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,618 Times in 2,864 Posts

Quote:

squeelers?

lee evens was a nice offseason aquisition. What did the ravens give up for him> a 4th rounder?

since youre still stuck on our FIRST game this season, how bout we talk about your LAST game last season (not a game separates them) when our 6th round rookie caught a 60 yard bomb to help pave the way for our proud franchises EIGHTH SB appearance.

you know, the same game where the receivers that were supposed to put you over the hump (sure gets tired hearing that same BS every year) had balls clanking off their hands. you know... the sure handed boldin and houshmandzadeh who coulda esilly helped win the game with the most pop warner of catches.

youre right. joe flacco is GREAT!

to bad your receivers suck.

too bad the ravens missed the best opportunity they ever had to get the the big show. if they cant capitalize getting past the steelers when they are "old, fat, slow, and its over" whatever will they do when we reload?

the ravens squandered the ultimate opportunity when all they had to do was hold onto a ball that was already in their hands and 2 feet were down. just hold on.

too bad. they will wallow in self pity and next year the steeler will be right there standing in their way like they always are, ready to punch them in the mouth and kick them in the nuts.

the ravens will never shake off that uber-choke job. our futures so bright, i gotta wear shades.
Old 01-23-2012, 04:16 PM   #20
stb_steeler
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 14315

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets View Post
i just hope like hell the rats give flacco that 100 million dollar contract .. they've been fortunate the last few years with not having to pony up the cash at the qb position. flacco has already self proclaimed himself as an "elite" qb .. will he demand elite money ? will the rats pay him like he's "elite" ?
things are gonna get interesting in bmore this year. they've got some key free agents that needs dealt with ( rice , grubbs , johnson , birk , redding , mckinney )
plus some big cap hits on the books for 2012..
suggs - 11 mill
reed - 10 mill
ngata - 17.7 mill
evans - 6 mill
yanda - 6.5
boldin - 6
foxworthy - 8.3

ozzy has some work to do ...
I hear the kicker is due 100 mil.....

Might as well dress em in skirts!
stb_steeler is offline   Reply With Quote