Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 01-23-2012, 04:24 PM   #21
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 3,668 Times in 1,583 Posts
Default Re: The BEST part of the Rats loss...

you know...i think if he'd have caught that ball they'd be in the super bowl.....but he didn't

[YOUTUBE]yIH-GrnnPVM [/YOUTUBE]

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 04:33 PM   #22
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 3,668 Times in 1,583 Posts

nevermore.... could you tell us in your own words how disappointed you are that the ravens choked yet again ?

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 05:02 PM   #23
jjpro11
Living Legend

Member Number: 3559

Ravens had the Super Bowl on a silver platter.. and they blew it, again. let's run down some of the breaks the Ravens couldn't capitalize on.

this was by far the weakest AFC playoff field in years. the Ravens finally got to host a playoff game and get a bye.. they were about as healthy as can be.. they got to play a 3rd string rookie QB led team... they avoided having to play the Steelers (0-3 postseason record).. No Peyton Manning led Colts to deal with this year... they faced the Patriots when Brady had one of the worst playoff games of his career. not to mention this is probably the weakest Patriots team to make the Super Bowl in the Brady era. most important of all, they only needed 14 yards to reach the Super Bowl and couldn't get it in

throughout the season they had an easy schedule, benefited from favorable calls week after week, beat their nemesis twice, got the #2 seed.... AND STILL could not get to the big game.

that's gotta suck.. hard to imagine all the stars aligning for two straight seasons.
jjpro11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 05:11 PM   #24
Buddha Bus
Piss Monkey
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets View Post
you know...i think if he'd have caught that ball they'd be in the super bowl.....but he didn't
And if my grandma had a penis she'd be my grandpa.

I wave my private parts at your aunties, you heaving lot of second-hand electric donkey bottom biters.
Buddha Bus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 05:23 PM   #25
Sixburgher
Banned

Member Number: 17648

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevermore View Post
That's right. Don't give him too much credit. He led his team to a sweep if the AFCN, beating the Squeelers twice... Once an embarrassing beat down and the second a two minute drill in your house against your fans and defense. Then he didn't choke away his first postseason game like some other team we know. Beat the Texans and ran another two minute drill in the AFC championship game on the road finishing it off with a strike to lee Evans and leaving his kicker in perfect field goal range.

Yeah, he pretty much sucks. I'd keep going with that.
So you come here to talk shit after you lose? Novel concept. Oh, that's right, you already won 2 "Super Bowls" this season by beating the Steelers, didn't you? My bad. When do they get fitted for their rings?
Sixburgher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 06:35 PM   #26
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 7,333 Times in 3,278 Posts

Nevermore nails it - Those of us who believe the Ravens "lost" to New England are missing the point

Ravens only "lost" on the scoreboard - according to The Baltimore Sun the Ravens were once again the best team in the AFC

For the second straight year, the best team in the American Football Conference will not be playing in the Super Bowl.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/r...4224133.column

Blowing playoff games the past 2 years is definitive proof of the Ravens superiority to the AFC teams that have gone to the Super Bowl
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 06:39 PM   #27
FanSince72
Team President

Member Number: 17502
Thanked 1,267 Times in 561 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post
Nevermore nails it - Those of us who believe the Ravens "lost" to New England are missing the point

Ravens only "lost" on the scoreboard - according to The Baltimore Sun the Ravens were once again the best team in the AFC

For the second straight year, the best team in the American Football Conference will not be playing in the Super Bowl.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/r...4224133.column

Blowing playoff games the past 2 years is definitive proof of the Ravens superiority to the AFC teams that have gone to the Super Bowl

Well for that matter, the team with THE NUMBER ONE DEFENSE IN THE ENTIRE NFL won't be there either.

So I guess it's sort of a push, huh?
FanSince72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 06:50 PM   #28
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 7,333 Times in 3,278 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanSince72 View Post
Well for that matter, the team with THE NUMBER ONE DEFENSE IN THE ENTIRE NFL won't be there either.

So I guess it's sort of a push, huh?
???

I do not think anyone (certainly me) is posting that the Steelers were the best team in the AFC at the end of the season - my point is that attempting to justify how good the losing team really was is a laughable exercise in denial

But congrats on once again riding your hobby horse about how overrated you think the Steelers defense is into any thread - surprised you did not reply to my post by working in that Arians was shafted on the verge of creating a top tier offense
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 07:03 PM   #29
Twentyvalve
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 18796

I agree. The best team in the AFC would not choke (especially twice in one game, in a mere seconds). The Ravens deserved to go to the division championship, no doubt. Why can't they live with that? They lost a close game to a quality team. But nooooooooo the Baltimore mentality perpetuates. The "premiere" local newspaper prints that garbage? The thing is, the fans here believe it. Just because they show up it is their divine right to win. If they don't it is not their own fault. Robbed, stolen, ripped off, etc.

That article is stupid. The funny thing is, I can't imagine any other newspaper on the planet printing that, except that rag the Baltimore Sun. I kid you not, that is the mentality here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post
???

I do not think anyone (certainly me) is posting that the Steelers were the best team in the AFC at the end of the season - my point is that attempting to justify how good the losing team really was is a laughable exercise in denial

But congrats on once again riding your hobby horse about how overrated you think the Steelers defense is into any thread - surprised you did not reply to my post by working in that Arians was shafted on the verge of creating a top tier offense
Twentyvalve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 07:07 PM   #30
PATS16N0
Brady Ball-Washer

Member Number: 20804

Here's what the Ravens window of opportunity looks like.

PATS16N0 is offline   Reply With Quote