Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 01-25-2012, 03:44 PM   #1
former RB
Banned

Member Number: 20530
Default Bradshaw

There are a few people around here that can remember Terry Bradshaw making you cry. Either tears of joy or grief. Bradshaw had a deep abiding love for throwing into double and triple coverage. I think he was all about having fun and taking chances out there. Winning and losing was never life and dath for him.

I think that Terry had a rocky relationship with Steeler fans because we were life and death and he wasn't. We had a failure to communicate.

Over the years, we both learned lessons.

Bradshaw stayed close to the game. His football mind evolved with the game.

I think it would be great if Bradshaw would come back to the Burg as an OC for about 5 years, and allow us to build a relationship with him that we never had.

Bradshaw could design an offense that used Bens strengths. Brad is getting old. Time is running out on him and us. It is a shame that the Bradshaw/ Steeler fan relationship was so bitter for so long.

If I was Mr.Rooney, I would ask Chuck Noll to go with him to talk to Bradshaw about becoming the new OC, and offer him 10 million over 5 years.

I think Bradshaw would go for it. In a lot of ways, it would be a good thing.

Bradshaw would do a good job. He has a good feel for the game.

But then, if I was Mr. Rooney, i would ask Dorsett or Harris to be the running back coach, and Marino to be the QB coach, Joe Green to be the D line coach, and ...........I wonder if Lynn Swann would like to coach. And what Greg Lloyd, Mel Blount, Lambert?

Are great players lousy coachs, or are our owners lousy owners?
former RB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 03:53 PM   #2
skinart82
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 3485
Default Re: Bradshaw

Mike Singletary........That's all
skinart82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 03:54 PM   #3
TRH
Living Legend

Member Number: 17206

Great player in his day....but would make an AWFUL coach. He's happy anyways doing what he's doing and makes a good salary doing so.
TRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 03:56 PM   #4
FanSince72
Team President

Member Number: 17502
Thanked 1,055 Times in 473 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by former RB View Post
There are a few people around here that can remember Terry Bradshaw making you cry. Either tears of joy or grief. Bradshaw had a deep abiding love for throwing into double and triple coverage. I think he was all about having fun and taking chances out there. Winning and losing was never life and dath for him.

I think that Terry had a rocky relationship with Steeler fans because we were life and death and he wasn't. We had a failure to communicate.

I think it would be great if Bradshaw would come back to the Burg as an OC for about 5 years, and allow us to build a relationship with him that we never had.

Bradshaw could design an offense that used Bens strengths. Brad is getting old. Time is running out on him and us. It is a shame that the Bradshaw/ Steeler fan relationship was so bitter for so long.

If I was Mr.Rooney, I would ask Chuck Noll to go with him to talk to Bradshaw about becoming the new OC, and offer him 10 million over 5 years.

But then, if I was Mr. Rooney, i would ask Dorsett or Harris to be the running back coach, and Marino to be the QB coach, Joe Green to be the D line coach, and ...........I wonder if Lynn Swann would like to coach. And what Greg Lloyd, Mel Blount, Lambert?

What I loved about Bradshaw was that he just loved to play and he loved to throw the ball.

He wasn't a "systems" guy and he didn't care much for being told what to do. Historically, when you look at his stats, he hardly appears in the "Top 5" or even "Top 10" in most of the so-called "important" categories.

But if ever there was a MONEY player in the NFL - he was it and I still think of him as the best QB I've ever seen.

As far as whether or not he'd make a good OC, he probably wouldn't. But I totally understand where you're coming from and he WOULD be someone who could understand Ben because in many ways, when I look at Ben, I see Bradshaw.
FanSince72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 04:00 PM   #5
Bayz101
Renegade
Supporter

Member Number: 18856
Thanked 3,517 Times in 1,584 Posts
My Mood: Stressed

I really don't think Terry would make a great coach, but I respect him as a player. As for Singeltary: Say what you want about the guy, he was probably the best no-shit kind of guy i'd seen coach in a while. I absolutely loved it when he benched his player because of his attitude.

"Either you're playing dumb, or it's not an act". -Judge Judy

No need to drive me crazy. I can walk from here.
Bayz101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 04:04 PM   #6
jiminpa
Starter

Member Number: 20511

Quote:
Originally Posted by former RB View Post

Some former players make great coaches, and others don't, or wouldn't. Lynn Swann's athleticism is not something he could teach, and that was pretty much his game. Bradshaw is pretty dyslexic, which is why it took the game so long to slow down for him, and why once it did he was the perfect guy to implement Noll's offense on the field. It also means his understanding of the game is as subconscious as it is conscious, and he won't be able to impart that very well. Add with that his personality and Ben's ego, and he is the absolute last OC you want on the Steelers sideline.
jiminpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 04:06 PM   #7
Ricco Suavez
Head Coach

Member Number: 7718

I am old enough (54) to remember Terry well. If the internet was around in the 70's he would of been belittled worse than Ben. I loved him, he threw the prettiest long ball I believe ever but he took chances and made some errors that left you shaking your head. Hey the first two SuperBowls where truly defensive wins. The latter two he had come into his own and were more offensive.
Ricco Suavez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 04:08 PM   #8
stb_steeler
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 14315

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricco Suavez View Post
I am old enough (54) to remember Terry well. If the internet was around in the 70's he would of been belittled worse than Ben. I loved him, he threw the prettiest long ball I believe ever but he took chances and made some errors that left you shaking your head. Hey the first two SuperBowls where truly defensive wins. The latter two he had come into his own and were more offensive.
It really was fun watching Terry back in the day. I still dig out the video and watch em now an then and wonder how in the hell did he make that throw.....

Might as well dress em in skirts!
stb_steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 04:08 PM   #9
jiminpa
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanSince72 View Post
What I loved about Bradshaw was that he just loved to play and he loved to throw the ball.

He wasn't a "systems" guy and he didn't care much for being told what to do. Historically, when you look at his stats, he hardly appears in the "Top 5" or even "Top 10" in most of the so-called "important" categories.

But if ever there was a MONEY player in the NFL - he was it and I still think of him as the best QB I've ever seen.

As far as whether or not he'd make a good OC, he probably wouldn't. But I totally understand where you're coming from and he WOULD be someone who could understand Ben because in many ways, when I look at Ben, I see Bradshaw.
Ben would have to start watching film to advance to be worthy of being Bradshaw's laundry boy.
Old 01-25-2012, 04:11 PM   #10
jiminpa
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stb_steeler View Post
It really was fun watching Terry back in the day. I still dig out the video and watch em now an then and wonder how in the hell did he make that throw.....
Some of his throws defied physics, but the receivers knew where the defense was by Bradshaw's throws when he was on.