Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 07-05-2006, 02:13 PM   #21
DIESELMAN
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 1031
Default Re: New on the Rumor Wire

Rookie Jerious Norwood is pushing TJ for the #2 spot and if he doesn't get it hes picking up the dirty-birds offense pretty fast he'll take some of TJ's goal line and 3rd downs from him. I don't see Staley staying healthy for even a half of a season. Staley is 32 and TJ is 26.

BOW DOWN TO THE BLACK AND GOLD!!!!!
DIESELMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 04:25 PM   #22
GoFor6
Draft Prospect
Supporter

Member Number: 2352

No Way on Duckett. We don't need a whinnnnner. Verron and Duce will do the job in 2006 and Cedric Humes is being prepared for the future.
GoFor6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 04:36 PM   #23
CantStop85
Living Legend

Member Number: 486

If the Steelers actually do trade for TJ Duckett, it makes you question why they didn't just take LenDale White in the draft.

Anyway, I don't think trading for TJ would be worth it. You'd probably give up a 3rd rounder and you already have your featured back in Parker. Surely Duce Staley can stay healthy enough to be a short yardage back...and if not there's still Haynes. Plus, you have Cedric Humes to look forward to in the future.
CantStop85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 04:43 PM   #24
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 9,799 Times in 4,077 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantStop85
If the Steelers actually do trade for TJ Duckett, it makes you question why they didn't just take LenDale White in the draft.

Anyway, I don't think trading for TJ would be worth it. You'd probably give up a 3rd rounder and you already have your featured back in Parker. Surely Duce Staley can stay healthy enough to be a short yardage back...and if not there's still Haynes. Plus, you have Cedric Humes to look forward to in the future.
noone would give up a 2nd rounder for e. james or s. alexander. any team would be completely nuts to give up a 3rd rounder. we may not even get a compensetory pick for el or hope. possibly a 4th, in which case we may offer our 4th.
tony hipchest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 05:18 PM   #25
Authentic Jerseys
Water Boy

Member Number: 2461

Cedric Humes > TJ Ducket!!!!!!

Watch out for this kid!
Authentic Jerseys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 05:51 PM   #26
ROYND1
Water Boy

Member Number: 877

Quote:
Originally Posted by Authentic Jerseys
Cedric Humes > TJ Ducket!!!!!!

Watch out for this kid!
I agree I like Humes alot and think he could be a sleeper back for short yardage situations.I actually wanted the Steelers to draft him all along and was shocked we got him so low.He doesn't have alot if mileage and is a big,strong back.As for Duckett he's hurt just as much as Staley so that's trading one headache for another.I thought Duckett was gonna be awesome coming out of college but he hasn't been anything special.If he was so good why would Atlanta trade him,Dunn is 31 thats getting up there for running backs!
ROYND1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 06:09 PM   #27
Authentic Jerseys
Water Boy

Member Number: 2461

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROYND1
I agree I like Humes alot and think he could be a sleeper back for short yardage situations.I actually wanted the Steelers to draft him all along and was shocked we got him so low.He doesn't have alot if mileage and is a big,strong back.As for Duckett he's hurt just as much as Staley so that's trading one headache for another.I thought Duckett was gonna be awesome coming out of college but he hasn't been anything special.If he was so good why would Atlanta trade him,Dunn is 31 thats getting up there for running backs!
I like your avatar! Lloyd was the hitter. Too bad injury plaqued the rest of his potential.
Authentic Jerseys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 06:28 PM   #28
SteelCzar76
Banned

Member Number: 2498

I was all for us drafting Lendale,...but everything happens for a reason. ? The reality is the Falcons run a "west coast" offense,.. so needless to say Duckett is not exactly a perfect fit (to say the least). But in our system,..with the guy's we have up front,.. he could do big things.
The knock on T.J is that he does'nt "Go Hard" every play. But i don't think motivation or lack thereof would be a problem with our coaching staff and vets. Duce has always run a little to upright to me and lacks fluidity. I also think his size is not natural,..like he bulked up to be a "power back",..and this has resulted in him being a "China Doll".
However,..if he could stay healthy along with Duckett and (Willie providing the "Homerun threat"),.. we could have the depth to run at will on any team in the league. Humes is practice squad all day. It may seem a little unconventional but,..you do what it takes. This way,..Ben get's the benefit's of the receivers we picked up to compliment Hines and Heath,....and we still remain true to STEELER FOOTBALL. (Physical!!!)

"Hail Caesar,...Hail the Black and Gold"
SteelCzar76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 06:36 PM   #29
Stlrs4Life
Tailgate Coordinator
Supporter

Member Number: 419
Thumbs up Re: New on the Rumor Wire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambridge
Tell me again why Holmes was the Steelers first pick??

I hear ya, Lendale would have looked good in B&G.

But, I also like Duckett. And no, I do like Fast Willie Parker.

It's not just Steeler Football, it's a way of Life! "I'm a Champion"
Stlrs4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 11:24 PM   #30
ben2hines=6
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 2277

i dont understand people being high up on this cedric humes guy....he fumbles the ball, which everybody knows we dont put up with....tj is young and has extreme leg power to bust through pretty much anything.....this guy would be great in back and gold....and no way we give up a third rounder...its not like the falcons want him there...if we get him its gonna be for maybe a 4th but more likely a 5th or 6th
ben2hines=6 is offline   Reply With Quote