Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-27-2012, 11:38 PM   #51
Bayz101
Renegade
Supporter
 
Bayz101's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Mansfield, Ohio
Posts: 7,696
Gender: Male
Member Number: 18856
Thanks: 1,244
Thanked 3,515 Times in 1,583 Posts
My Mood: Stressed
Default Re: GOOD LORD guys got to page 4 post 32 on Thread BEN wants answers from Rooneys...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanSince72 View Post
Excuse me but I'd like to point out that I have no problem with Ben and that my contributions to that particular thread were solely in the form of sarcasm and light entertainment.


That's all I wanted to say.



Please continue.
I'm not familiar with the topic, I sort of just skimmed through the article that started it all and hadn't returned since. However, I do know there's nothing wrong with entertainment
__________________


"Either you're playing dumb, or it's not an act". -Judge Judy

No need to drive me crazy. I can walk from here.
Bayz101 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 12:31 AM   #52
Sneak
Water Boy
 

Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Sweden
Posts: 17
Gender: Male
Member Number: 19775
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: GOOD LORD guys got to page 4 post 32 on Thread BEN wants answers from Rooneys...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 60_MINUTES View Post
Go listen to the interview before you guys cont to rip BEN... he is being nothing at all more then a team player... the articles your reading is stiring shit up and you guys are taking the BAIT... hell sounds like BEN knew it was coming and sounds like hes excited to get going with the new guy... You guys should check into things before you start buying into shit that people like Ed Bullshit and his boys write... UN Real

anyway its a non issure once you hear it youll see... lets move on and talk about free agents money moves and draft. All the drama should be gone for a change and we should be able to enjoy some good football talk... that is unless some of you keep letting reporters piss you off cause you dont take time to investigate for your self..lol GOOD LORD wake up guys
I agree 100 percent. It seems to me that some of the people on this board will rip anyone and everyone if its not a SB-winning year. Lets be realistic, SB wins dont come every year. And just because we didnt win the SB it doesent mean the team is in crisis. And no, it doesent mean Tomlin has no control of the team or sucks as a coach. It doesent mean our QB is a selfish diva that needs to shut up. It doesent mean that we need to fire the coach of any position that doesent play 145 percent on every play.

Its a game. Its a zero-sum game. Some years we'll be better at some parts of the game than others, because here's a newsflash, you've got a couple of other teams out there thats trying to win too. The fact that the Steelers remain relevant year after year after year is a testament to how good the organisation is.

So lets have a little faith, eh?
Sneak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 01:08 AM   #53
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
 
tony hipchest's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Give me back my game...
Posts: 38,135
Member Number: 658
Thanks: 1,484
Thanked 6,207 Times in 2,670 Posts
Default Re: GOOD LORD guys got to page 4 post 32 on Thread BEN wants answers from Rooneys...

Bayz101 is right. theres no need to split a thread in 2 just to carry on with the same discussion.

i know at times we all think our points are more valid than all others, but we cant let every single thought or post to become its own thread. its bad enough with all the spammers we got trying to clutter this board.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneak View Post
I agree 100 percent. It seems to me that some of the people on this board will rip anyone and everyone if its not a SB-winning year. Lets be realistic, SB wins dont come every year. And just because we didnt win the SB it doesent mean the team is in crisis. And no, it doesent mean Tomlin has no control of the team or sucks as a coach. It doesent mean our QB is a selfish diva that needs to shut up. It doesent mean that we need to fire the coach of any position that doesent play 145 percent on every play.

Its a game. Its a zero-sum game. Some years we'll be better at some parts of the game than others, because here's a newsflash, you've got a couple of other teams out there thats trying to win too. The fact that the Steelers remain relevant year after year after year is a testament to how good the organisation is.

So lets have a little faith, eh?
hell, people were slamming santonio holmes a day after he was named superbowl MVP. granted he was a turd who ultimately earned the boot kicking his ass out the door, but still...

having faith is alot to ask of some of the haters and debbie downers.
__________________
tony hipchest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 01:09 AM   #54
Wallace108
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Member Number:
Default Re: GOOD LORD guys got to page 4 post 32 on Thread BEN wants answers from Rooneys...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneak View Post
I agree 100 percent. It seems to me that some of the people on this board will rip anyone and everyone if its not a SB-winning year.
I don't think the problem is with the people on this board. The problem is with the way some of the stories were written and the headlines that were attached to them. After Ben made some comments, there were numerous headlines and ledes that gave the impression that Ben was going to march into Rooney's office and demand answers about why Arians was let go. But then you actually start reading Ben's quotes and you learn that he wants to meet with Rooney to discuss the future of the offense. That's a completely different scenario than what a lot of the stories were implying.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 01:21 AM   #55
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
 
tony hipchest's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Give me back my game...
Posts: 38,135
Member Number: 658
Thanks: 1,484
Thanked 6,207 Times in 2,670 Posts
Default Re: Steelers quarterback Roethlisberger wants an answer from Rooney

being in mgmt i do have slight problem with ben jumping the chain of command like that, but hey, maybe ben and rooney are tight like that where he has a green light from the head boss man that "if you ever have a problem or issue you would like to discuss, come see me."

i woulda prefered ben say he was gonna ask tomlin to set up a meeting so they all could discuss these issues.

im sure anything rooney will tell ben, he coulda heard just the same from his head coach. after all, thats the head coaches job.

just like it was the HC's job to inform arians he would not have a job with the team going forward.
__________________
tony hipchest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 01:35 AM   #56
Wallace108
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Member Number:
Default Re: Steelers quarterback Roethlisberger wants an answer from Rooney

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
being in mgmt i do have slight problem with ben jumping the chain of command like that, but hey, maybe ben and rooney are tight like that where he has a green light from the head boss man that "if you ever have a problem or issue you would like to discuss, come see me."

i woulda prefered ben say he was gonna ask tomlin to set up a meeting so they all could discuss these issues.

im sure anything rooney will tell ben, he coulda heard just the same from his head coach. after all, thats the head coaches job.

just like it was the HC's job to inform arians he would not have a job with the team going forward.
Yeah, that's a valid point. I hate to say it, but in my opinion, this whole situation has made Tomlin look kinda weak. First Rooney does an end around on him, then Ben goes above his head. But I guess it shouldn't be surprising that Ben feels he has the clout to do that. Hell, if he can dictate to Tomlin whether or not he's going to play in a game, it stands to reason he'd bypass Tomlin and go straight to Rooney. I really wanna hear Tomlin's comments on all this. Unless I've missed it, he hasn't said anything since his short statement after Arians' "retirement."
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 01:35 AM   #57
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter
 
MACH1's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Potataho
Posts: 13,925
Member Number: 3236
Thanks: 1,495
Thanked 4,458 Times in 1,672 Posts
Default Re: Steelers quarterback Roethlisberger wants an answer from Rooney

Quote:
i know at times we all think our points are more valid than all others
Please tell me we don't have another one of these.



__________________


ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MACH1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 01:39 AM   #58
tanda10506
Team President
 
tanda10506's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Smoky Mountains, TN
Posts: 2,104
Gender: Male
Member Number: 17319
Thanks: 814
Thanked 366 Times in 206 Posts
Default Re: Steelers quarterback Roethlisberger wants an answer from Rooney

If you, your direct supervisor (Arians), and his supervisor(Tomlin), all think you are doing a good job and then the top boss publicily says your not, then it's legitimate to ask him what he wants you to do. The offense has sucked many years but the team has still won 2 sb's and been to 3, which probably would make anybody think they were doing it right, even though in our case the defense has been the main reason for us winning. Im guessing that the spin on this is what makes it look bad, with the right plays called and a decent O line Ben will play shockingly well. My only problem with this is it's public, I just dont know why the team is going public so much lately. My wife and I have been married for 6 years and have had a few fights, not one time has either of us went commenting or telling anybody about it, that kind of stuff is solved in house.
tanda10506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 02:25 AM   #59
ricardisimo
Administrator
 
ricardisimo's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Lalaland
Posts: 5,420
Gender: Male
Member Number: 15369
Thanks: 313
Thanked 860 Times in 412 Posts
Default Re: Steelers quarterback Roethlisberger wants an answer from Rooney

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanda10506 View Post
If you, your direct supervisor (Arians), and his supervisor(Tomlin), all think you are doing a good job and then the top boss publicily says your not, then it's legitimate to ask him what he wants you to do. The offense has sucked many years but the team has still won 2 sb's and been to 3, which probably would make anybody think they were doing it right, even though in our case the defense has been the main reason for us winning. Im guessing that the spin on this is what makes it look bad, with the right plays called and a decent O line Ben will play shockingly well. My only problem with this is it's public, I just dont know why the team is going public so much lately. My wife and I have been married for 6 years and have had a few fights, not one time has either of us went commenting or telling anybody about it, that kind of stuff is solved in house.
Personally, I thought "retiring" Arians was about as respectful as you could do the thing. Bruce felt differently, it would seem. There's no "private" way to fire the guy, everyone will know as soon as it happens.
__________________
Why does God hate amputees?
ricardisimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 04:22 AM   #60
kan_t
Assistant Coach
 

Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 1,170
Member Number: 21653
Thanks: 292
Thanked 579 Times in 321 Posts
Default Re: Steelers quarterback Roethlisberger wants an answer from Rooney

I see nothing wrong in Ben's quote. I want the franchise QB, coaches and the owner all being on the same page.
kan_t is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:43 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts