Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 01-27-2012, 05:19 PM   #11
Ricco Suavez
Head Coach

Member Number: 7718
Default Re: Ben in the Pro Bowl

As far as Bens Injury (a high ankle sprain) it is treated with about 4-6 weeks of rest, no surgery unless it was diagnosed at the beginning, usually a pin. So after the Pro Bowl he will have plenty of time to rest. Now if he is injured in another way I expect to hear from this board how its his fault, but on the other hand if Troy is injured its part of the game. Hard to be Ben in Pittsburgh, similar to Terry in the 70's.
Ricco Suavez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 06:49 PM   #12
Third Rail
Team Captain

Member Number: 16177

Ben had more chance of getting injured while filming that Batman movie than he does of getting hurt in the Pro Bowl. Hell, I think that flag football Geezer Bowl they had on NFLN yesterday with Boomer Esaison and Warren Moon was more intense than the Pro Bowl.
Third Rail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 07:56 AM   #13
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 5,140 Times in 2,404 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricco Suavez View Post
Now if he is injured in another way I expect to hear from this board how its his fault, but on the other hand if Troy is injured its part of the game.
Of course Troy has decided it is not worth the risk of aggravating his end of season injuries by playing in something as meaningless as the Pro Bowl and withdrew
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 08:34 AM   #14
Ricco Suavez
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post
Of course Troy has decided it is not worth the risk of aggravating his end of season injuries by playing in something as meaningless as the Pro Bowl and withdrew
Different type of injury and you know it. My point is if Troy was healthy and had gone and then was hurt, we would all say its part of the game. Ben on the other hand is held to different levels of accountability.
Old 01-29-2012, 08:45 AM   #15
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricco Suavez View Post
Different type of injury and you know it. My point is if Troy was healthy and had gone and then was hurt, we would all say its part of the game. Ben on the other hand is held to different levels of accountability.
But of course neither player is healthy - that is the subject of the thread

I do not think anyone is arguing Roethlisberger should not play if he was healthy and I do not think anyone would blame Ben but not Troy is both played in the Pro Bowl, if healthy, and either of them was injured (even though the Pro Bowl is a joke and over the years many players look for excuses to avoid playing in it)

Instead what we have are the 2 most valuable and highest paid players on the Steelers (based on the 2011 cap hit) both of whom still are recovering from post-season injuries - one player withdrew and one did not - same standard is being applied
Old 01-29-2012, 08:51 AM   #16
Ricco Suavez
Head Coach

Dan its obvious you felt Ben should not go. Your opinion. The FO just fired Arians without Tomlins consent, the boss pulled the trigger. Now Do you think if Rooney felt there was any chance of Ben furthering his injury (which is not really possible since a high ankle sprain needs rest to heal) he would of sat idly by and not put his foot down. If the organization has no problem , why you then?
Old 01-29-2012, 03:41 PM   #17
Danny136200
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 17651

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVSteelersfan View Post
Why is he even playing in the Pro Bowl? He should be resting that ankle. There is no way it is healed yet. If he reinjures it in a meaningless game, then it is utter stupidity. The team should have shut him down for the Pro Bowl.
Its not like he will be playing in another meaningful game for another 7 months though.
Danny136200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 07:32 PM   #18
rgj
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 7995

During the player intros on the ProBowl coverage, I noticed that Ben claimed to be from Cory-Rawson, Ohio. Curious.

He's from Findlay, Ohio and played for Findlay High School (Trojans).

Cory-Rawson is not a municipality, but a consolidated county school system between Mt. Cory and Rawson. Cory-Rawson High School (Hornets) is located halfway between Findlay OH and Bluffton OH, just west of Interstate 75.

Ben went to college at Miami University in Oxford OH.

Don't understand Ben's problem. Grudge? Immaturity? Gonna whine and cry about that to Daddy Rooney too?
rgj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 07:48 PM   #19
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgj View Post
During the player intros on the ProBowl coverage, I noticed that Ben claimed to be from Cory-Rawson, Ohio. Curious.

He's from Findlay, Ohio and played for Findlay High School (Trojans).

Cory-Rawson is not a municipality, but a consolidated county school system between Mt. Cory and Rawson. Cory-Rawson High School (Hornets) is located halfway between Findlay OH and Bluffton OH, just west of Interstate 75.

Ben went to college at Miami University in Oxford OH.

Don't understand Ben's problem. Grudge? Immaturity? Gonna whine and cry about that to Daddy Rooney too?
It apparently started after the Milledgeville unpleasantness in 2010

The mayor of Findlay said this

"The first one, you give him the benefit of the doubt. [...] But then another one and now maybe another one after that? It's not looking good. Something's not right here."

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shu...urn=nfl,262279

Which then prompted this article in 2010 training camp

For two-time Super Bowl winner Ben Roethlisberger, there really is no place like home.

In his Pittsburgh Steelers biography, Roethlisberger now lists his birthplace as the fictitious and the incorrectly spelled Corey Rawson, Ohio. There is no such community, although he did attend Cory-Rawson School in Rawson, Ohio.

Roethlisberger apparently made the change because he was displeased with unflattering comments made about him by some residents of hometown Findlay, Ohio, following a March incident in which he was accused of sexual assault....

Until this season, Roethlisberger identified Findlay as his hometown.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/footb...hometown_N.htm
Old 01-29-2012, 08:03 PM   #20
rgj
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 7995

[QUOTE=Atlanta Dan;991952]I

Until this season, Roethlisberger identified Findlay as his hometown.[/I]

That's amazing. I live about an hour away from Findlay and have always defended Roethlisberger with his "trysts" with opportunistic barmaids and even underage, drunk college kids. Believe me, there are plenty of Bengal and Browns fans that STILL refer to Roethlisberger as "Rapistberger."

I always tell them to "prove it." Of course, they cannot. Stupid for allowing himself to get in the situations (notice PLURAL), yes. A criminal? I don't think so.

Roethlisberger being a little steamed because there are people who don't buy his story? What does he expect? Still a little immature?

Regardless, I thought that with the recent "settlement" of the "case" in Colorado, and the lack of prosecution of the Georgia "case," and Roethlisberger's marriage, I thought that finally some maturity and sense had been exhibited by Roethlisberger.

Then I am hearing Roethlisberger "expecting a meeting with Rooney" to "discuss" the Arians release, I didn't say too much, I can understand. Now with this Cory-Rawson thing....sorry. I am now out of Roethlisberger's corner. I see him now as a coddled athlete who thinks thinks that he is the center of the world. Time for the Steelers to dump his ass, send him to Cleveland where the Browns fans can "treat him real right."

I'm extremely disappointed in the "anointed one." My ass......
rgj is offline   Reply With Quote